Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Snacks! Worldwide!

PlzDelete

I love food!!! Especially snack food from around the world! My favorite snacks are from France, Germany,  Japan and good ol' USA. Let's share pictures, facts and experiences about our snacks! 

I love those at Christmas to!

There are a few Japanese snacks I like a lot. This is my favorite flavor of Pocky which I haven't found in a couple years:

1004_pocky_coconut_large.jpg

Hello Panda is another favorite:

045_hello_panda_snack_large.jpg

I loved these but they are not longer produced but they were my favorite:

51ZWSZZ658L._SY355_.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I don't wanna sound arrogant, but german chocolate is really some of the best in the world.

41UGi5hAqDL._SX355_.jpg

Milka has this incredibly smooth taste that i never found in any other chocolate bar. Pretty much my favorite chocolate. :)

519JJTm5+xL.jpg

Haribo Goldbären (or gold bears in english) unlike milka, also came out in other countries like the UK. Pretty much the only gummibears i eat.

csm_knoppers-teaser-shop_4ba1d0ff6a.jpg

Knoppers is a small waffle sandwich with nougat and cream. Our commercials always say how they are great if you need a quick break during work. And to be honest, i also ate them during work breaks. :P

I could go on and on about german candy, but that is enough for now. :)

• Brohoof 3

I've had some sushki crackers before, they are like mini bagels of sorts. :P They're Russian

photo-12.jpg 

My favorite thing to get at the local eastern European food store. :D

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Frostgage said:

When I lived in London these were my absolute favorite <3

15606284-large.jpg

Those are SO good. I remember getting those every Christmas as a kid when I lived up in Washington state.

000126253CYKE2.jpg.jpg190882.jpg

I really, really like potato chips. I usually end up getting something like these when I get some, because HEB's (It's a chain of stores, like Safeway, except it's localized to Texas and maybe a few locations in New Mexico) store brand chips are probably better than name brand and they are normally cheaper at the store. Plus BBQ chips :wub:!!!

I don't know what it is with me and raisins. I guess they're just really good? :P 

WHY NABISCO? WHY DID YOU STOP? THEY WERE SO GOOD I ATE A WHOLE FREAKING PACKAGE OF THEM IN ONE SITTING! Just bring these back. Please?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

just laughing at the number of UK snacks im seeing already. Yeah we're pretty good at our snacks. 

but I simply LOVE Japanese sweets! Pandas being my fave - really love the strawberry ones. Banana choco pocky is another big fave of mine. 

I also adore the Milka chocolate. Just "Alpine" choc is so nice! eating one right now actually lol

just remembered one! I cant find this anywhere anymore, but Tescos used to have them in the world food section

Haldirams_Aloo_Bhujia_Spicy_Potato_Noodl

spicy crispy potato noodles. They were sooooo goood!!!! 

Edited by StormBlaze
  • Brohoof 1

Poland has plenty of its own snacks brands that are pretty great. 

First one is Wedel. A polish chocolate brand that is very well known here. Personally I prefer it over more popular Milka as it is a bit less sugary and "harder". Also there are some nice flavours and limited editions. 

Few examples:

Spoiler

ac5b84e0314f27002cdccfab3de061fc.jpg.c00ef1369f34eba9487b5f1d8e0c9308.jpg

Wedel recently created new marketing campaign with probably the weirdest mascot I have seen in my entire life. Just... You have to see for Yourself XD

Spoiler

Yes. We have over the top, evil guy from outer space as a mascot for the most popular polish chocolate brand. And it is glorious, roflmao.

Most common gift, when it comes to snacks that Polish give to foreigners (at least in my area) is "Torcik Wedlowski". 

Spoiler

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania torcik wedlowski

Another polish popular snack I love are candies we call Tiki-Taki (yes, I know the name is hilarious). Pretty much a candie made of chocolate with peanut and coconut flavour stuffed inside. What can I say... it is glorious.

Spoiler

i_tikitaki430new.png

BUT... there's more

We have our own polish fudges. They're called Krówki, which literally stands for little cows (no cows were harmed during the production XD). Extremely sweet and delicious. They're basically made of milk, sugar and butter. For picture reference here's a link to wikipedia, that also contains additional description.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krówki

Another popular polish candy is called "Michalki". Basically candies with cocoa-peanut flavour and little, crushed peanuts inside. Original ones are produced by company called "Śnieżka" (Snowball), but another company Wawel recently started making them as well (although most say that original ones are far better).

Spoiler

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania michałki

Last one will be what we call Ptasie Mleczko. By now there are lots of varieties of it in Poland (even Milka tried making its own, but as everything by Milka it is too sugary for my preferences). For further information and of course picture reference - once again, wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptasie_mleczko

And for fans of Japanese sweets - I am a subscriber for TokyoTreat - a website that delivers packages with japanese stuff monthly. They ship worldwide and don't charge additional money for shipping. Personally I am very satisfied with their services and thanks to them I really fell in love with japanese sweets ^^

• Brohoof 1

Literally anything could work for me, as long as it's good. I don't really have a favorite:^)

I only recently discovered that one of my favorite kinds of potato chips aren't available outside of Canada, that being these:

Lays001-3.jpg

And these:

F_Ruffles-All-Dressed.gif

Also apparently, these little German creations called Kinder Surprise Eggs (a hollow chocolate egg containing a capsule with a tiny toy inside) are banned in the USA, because apparently American kids see an egg sized chocolate and their first reaction is to swallow it whole.

Kinder_Surprise_Egg.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Not sure if drinks count but I'll say this anyway, Fanta comes in so many different flavours but only certain ones are available in different countries. In the UK we have orange, lemon, fruit twist, mango and passion fruit and raspberry and passion fruit. The big one I miss is Fanta grape which I drank a lot when I lived in South Africa, it's a shame that flavour isn't available in the UK. I also really like Fanta White Grape which I have only seen in the Czech Republic but it is definitely my favourite flavour of Fanta. 

• Brohoof 1

Ah, snacks... My best friend and one of my worst enemies.

I enjoy Cape Cod barbecue potato chips, toaster pastries (Pop Tarts), mixed berry fruit snacks, and cookies (No raisins. Ever)

IMG_4381.JPG.aeb301d448593fa1e49e688f1ecec35f.JPGIMG_4379.JPG.c814ba8887a877624ed6aa0154d6afa4.JPGIMG_4380.JPG.0ec61fc803517f27a44f95c13aef6162.JPGIMG_4382.thumb.JPG.a20c3af3c70ca4a23100ade1b8fd0ac4.JPG

Mini-Battenbergs.png.af37c36c684126ec8fa93909d8ec3e7c.png

I just love these. I've had snacks from all over the place, but in the end nothing has beaten a mini battenburg (UK).

1 hour ago, Battenberg said:

The big one I miss is Fanta grape which I drank a lot when I lived in South Africa,

Yeah, the UK doesn't really do many grape flavoured things. Aside from wine and actual grapes, there's very little grape flavoured anything here, which is a shame because I like grapes, especially red ones.

• Brohoof 1

For those who like potato chips and are not chili-averse, Blair's Death Rain is worth a try.

Spoiler

514sHWcEH8L.jpg

The habanero ones are awesome. When I start eating them, I feel like my mouth is on fire. By the time I've eaten half of them, I get used to the burning and can just enjoy the strong flavor.

Spoiler

61Lm8seEnUL._SY450_.jpg

The jalapeno cheddar variety is also great. It isn't nearly as strong but has a delicious cheese flavor and still gives you a mild burning sensation.

Once you find the wonderful world of chili, you can't stop. Most of the chili chips available are quite mild but Hot-Headz is another great option for those who like it a bit stronger.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

when I went outside the US for the first time I tried many new foods, but missed this one

a brony friend of mine actually recommended these to me, but I found out they're not sold in the US -_-

well this past july the family and I went to canada for the first time, and low and behold what do I see beside at the checkout counter at a small corner store? 

I tried one, and it was instantly my favorite type of candy ^3^ but it made me sad that they aren't sold in the states

on our way back I bought a whole box of em as well as kinder eggs :3 ^w^ still have some down in the cupboard 

kinder_bueno.jpg

Pocky! (the chocolate one, even though I haven't had it in a while).

Oh, and Ritter chocolate. It's basically a German brand of chocolate we get on Amazon that's really good.

170123_Nuss-Klasse_COM_Grosser_Startseit

That's really the only foreign snacks I eat. Unless you count Coca-Cola from Mexico, which I've cut soda out entirely out anyway.