Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Final Gen?

Brobot

No. Hasbro will keep it going as long as children love horses. Just like Transformers will go on as long as kids love robots.

It may change form drastically at some point, but I suspect we will see it year after year in some form or another.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As long as the franchise is still commercially viable, they'll continue it. I doubt they will just arbitrarily pull the plug at some point.

I think they'll retire G4 at some point when they can't continue it any longer. I just hope G5 will be good as G4.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt it, to be honest. Would be a shame if it was, even though it's highly unlikely.

No

Whatever the last gen is will happen when the franchise stops being profitable or when Hasbro goes under

• Brohoof 1

The current gen of MLP will continue until the ratings give out (or if Hasbro decides to make MLP features exclusively). When it no longer makes money and it's clear G4 has gone as far as it can go, it'll be cancelled and the franchise will be allowed to cool for a bit. Then a fresh creative team will be given the task of creating Gen5. Hasbro isn't going to let go of something as profitable as MLP, especially after seeing what this current generation managed to do. There will always be interest in it, and thus Hasbro will always capitalize on that interest. 

No, as long as it is successful, they will continue it. If it makes them money, why end it? Especially with how popular it has become, it would be a terrible idea to just stop it.