Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Movie Trailer

PinkiePie97

(edited)

Still not used to the animation. Honestly, it doesn't look that appealing, BUT the MLP writing staff just loves to prove me wrong when I watch.

But dat world building. If they do the movie really well, MLP FIM may not ever end due to the possibilities of the storylines and characters.

Edited by joshyang908
  • Brohoof 7

Alright, it's about time we finally got a trailer!

I am soo digging the new animation style for the movie after finally seeing it more in depth in motion.

Plus it looks like this is going to be a fun movie, I am looking forward to it.

• Brohoof 5

"I mean, what could possibly go wrong?"

You just had to ask, didn't you, Twi? 

Wow... Tempest is even more badass than I imagined. Her voice is straight up "Do not mess with me." Although... where are Luna and Celestia?

My only issue is the backgrounds look out of place, like when the ship appeared from within the clouds or when they were spinning on the windmill. It's two completely different textures and the ship looked more like something out of an early Playstation game.

• Brohoof 5

Just now, Compeador said:

I'm totally not surprised sunbutt and moonbutt is "be gone" again, but still looking forward to it  :yay:

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it THIS time... :dash:

The trailer looks good! I'm still not a fan of the more 3D CGI I'm seeing, but I guess I'll have to deal with it. Thought I saw a snippet of Firefly about 7 seconds in, but the cutie mark was wrong. The villain looks promising; I guess we'll see where it goes from here.

Just now, PoisonClaw said:

My only issue is the backgrounds look out of place, like when the ship appeared from within the clouds or when they were spinning on the windmill. It's two completely different textures and the ship looked more like something out of an early Playstation game.

I agree. It looked... well, cheap.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, not sure how I feel about the animation. It looks beautiful visually especially with the villain's ship and the vibrant colors. In montion however, it feels a little robotic like kinda CG but not all the way. 

Everything else looks great though.

• Brohoof 3

17 minutes ago, joshyang908 said:

Still not used to the animation. Honestly, it doesn't look that appealing, BUT the MLP writing staff just loves to prove me wrong when I watch.

But dat world building. If they do the movie really well, MLP FIM may not ever end due to the possibilities of the storylines and characters.

I agree.

2 minutes ago, ChikoritaCheezits said:

Hmm, not sure how I feel about the animation. It looks beautiful visually especially with the villain's ship and the vibrant colors. In montion however, it feels a little robotic like kinda CG but not all the way. 

Everything else looks great though.

I'm assuming it's still somewhat unfinished. Most movies these days will release trailers with unfinished animations and effects. 

• Brohoof 1

1. The Toon Boom animation and graphics are gorgeous.
  2. The cartoony comedy is there and helps balance some of the tension so far.
  3. Grubber's hilarious.
  4. Not sure about the seaponies. I'll have to wait before seeing the film to make a judgment, though.
  • Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

Definitely a step up from everybrony's nightmare of sea ponies from... what gen were the old ones from again?

G1, and they weren't everyone's nightmare (I liked them).

Just now, PinkiePie97 said:

G1, and they weren't everyone's nightmare (I liked them).

Just take one good look at one of Silver-Quill's videos (Inspiration Manifestation, for example), and you'll know that mostly every brony didn't like it. But, that's your opinion.

I knew not to get my hopes up, because I really doubt this movie will have anything I care about... but god, it's just so noisy. Didn't get that many laughs, and I really  dislike the action focus. But, I dunno, I should have expected it would be action-heavy just from what we'd seen before. Also, while I know there's precedent in My Little Pony past, having basically a mermaid kingdom strikes me as awfully unimaginative; I still can't shake the feeling that everything here must have been focus tested within an inch of its life. Freaking anthropomorphic cat...

And I don't like the new art style at all. It's so glossy, and the CG backgrounds look almost plasticky. I don't want to overstate it, but the blend of 3D and 2D doesn't really look right, and I definitely feel that it looks worse than the show proper. The characters sorta look pasted onto the backgrounds to me. The flash animation of Equestria Girls wasn't perfect on the big screen, but I don't think this blend is the solution. 

Most irritating is how they credit all the big guest stars instead of the actual main cast. I know this movie is made for a wider audience, but man, they really have no confidence in the brand, huh? 

I dunno, maybe this trailer is edited to seem more frantic than the movie actually is, but this doesn't do much to assuage my worst fears. Not expecting much.