Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Movie Trailer

PinkiePie97

On 7/25/2017 at 4:18 PM, FirePuppy said:

I REALLY hope my local theater's print of The Emoji Movie will play this trailer, as it didn't appear on their print of Despicable Me 3.

But...but then you would have to see The Emoji Movie!!!! :( 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_emoji_movie

I know this is slightly off topic but IDK if that would be worth the ticket price just to see a trailer in theaters! Maybe stay for the trailer and leave for the actual movie?

11 minutes ago, Carolina said:

But...but then you would have to see The Emoji Movie!!!! :( 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_emoji_movie

I know this is slightly off topic but IDK if that would be worth the ticket price just to see a trailer in theaters! Maybe stay for the trailer and leave for the actual movie?

You'd still have to pay for the ticket in order to enter the theater.

^Haha, yeah I know. Either way you would have wasted $10-$13 (depending on whether its a matinee or not), but if you just stay for the preview (that might or might not even show), at least you won't also be wasting 2 hours of your life on that garbage movie!

5 hours ago, Carolina said:

^Haha, yeah I know. Either way you would have wasted $10-$13 (depending on whether its a matinee or not), but if you just stay for the preview (that might or might not even show), at least you won't also be wasting 2 hours of your life on that garbage movie!

True, but what I meant is that you'd still be giving money to the movie.

• Brohoof 2

Sadly, I'm pretty sure the emoji movie will still make money; marketing can offset crappy quality, and I know kids nowadays love emojis as a concept.

So while it won't break bank, I'm pretty sure it will still turn positive compared to its budget.

I'm glad about that! But here's what I'm NOT glad about:

My theater, again, did not show the official trailer on The Emoji Movie! Instead, I saw Coco, The Star, Ferdinand, and some other good movies. But again, no My Little Pony. And unfortunately, there's no more family animated movies left before October 6 (except for Lego Ninjago, which, I don't think, will show the trailer either).

On 7/30/2017 at 3:27 AM, Buttonmash1973 said:

Capture.PNG

And so the movie seems to be finished.

Hopefully we can get a second trailer soon, and hopefully the art style looks a bit better. 

New piece of a song guys!

Already with this song and animation the entire world would agree this Movie will be better than the Emoji Movie. I might point the obvious but... there have been several people who claim this will be worse than the Emoji Movie... and some of them are bronies...

• 2 weeks later...

With only two months left and for the fact that I failed to see the My Little Pony movie trailer in my local theater, I'm getting the feeling that this movie's running into restrictions on advertising and theatrical releases.

• Brohoof 2

On 7/1/2017 at 0:52 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Try Lego NinjaGo movie, even poor Vincent Tong made a joke of him and his fellow cast being replaced :lol: ":in mocking whimpers: It's not us :more mocking whimpers:". I understand the move in that movie, but for fans it might be jarring at best. Good thing they where more sensible with this one, as only the new characters have such celebs, and kept the old characters their voices, so we don't riot and shit :lol: 

To be honest, I would still love to see Celebrities voicing the Mane Six and Spike instead....Agreed?

12 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

To be honest, I would still love to see Celebrities voicing the Mane Six and Spike instead....Agreed?

Fuck no.

• Brohoof 2

27 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Get any celebs to voice new characters, but leave our MANE characters alone :unamused: 

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

IIRC something like this happened with the Jetsons movie from the early 90s. While the most of the main cast from the TV show reprised their roles for the movie, the traditional VA for Judy Jetson was replaced by a popular pop singer of the time named Tiffany, and if I am correct, the reception wasn't exactly pretty. From what I remember the reason for the change was to attract a younger fanbase (from the PoV of the publisher), but the VA, Hanna-Barbara, and many fans were quite devastated, and I also felt bad for Tiffany as I THINK she got some hate from that. I don't blame her; just TPTB.

In the end there is no reason to replace any of the Mane 6 (or Spike for the matter) with celebrity VAs. Leave that to the new characters.

• Brohoof 4

16 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

IIRC something like this happened with the Jetsons movie from the early 90s. While the most of the main cast from the TV show reprised their roles for the movie, the traditional VA for Judy Jetson was replaced by a popular pop singer of the time named Tiffany, and if I am correct, the reception wasn't exactly pretty. From what I remember the reason for the change was to attract a younger fanbase (from the PoV of the publisher), but the VA, Hanna-Barbara, and many fans were quite devastated, and I also felt bad for Tiffany as I THINK she got some hate from that. I don't blame her; just TPTB.

How similar were their voices? Would anyone have noticed had it not been advertised? Just curious.

23 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

Why? There's no compelling artistic reason to replace the voices they have.

• Brohoof 2

On 21.8.2017 at 4:17 AM, PathfinderCS said:

In the end there is no reason to replace any of the Mane 6 (or Spike for the matter) with celebrity VAs. Leave that to the new characters

I agree completely. I'm looking forward to Sia's appearance in the movie, as I like some of her songs, but I'm glad she's not replacing anyone else.

I love the design of her character by the way. :pinkie: Usually when characters are designed to resemble the person voicing them, they stick out like a sore thumb, but that's not the case here. She's instantly recognizable as Sia and MLP.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

I agree completely. I'm looking forward to Sia's appearance in the movie, as I like some of her songs, but I'm glad she's not replacing anyone else.

I love the design of her character by the way. :pinkie: Usually when characters are designed to resemble the person voicing them, they stick out like a sore thumb, but that's not the case here. She's instantly recognizable as Sia and MLP.

It probably helps that bright and flashy designs are the norm for MLP and not the exception. It also helps that this show reuses character models for almost every character, and that she's using the standard character model, rather then having one specifically created for her. In most works of animation, every character has a unique model, so there's not much forcing the design of the celebrity's characters to conform to the style of those works. 

Edited by ihhh
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, ihhh said:

How similar were their voices? Would anyone have noticed had it not been advertised? Just curious.

For those who had never seen the Jetsons show I doubt it, but I think there's a noticeable difference, personally.

1 minute ago, PathfinderCS said:

For those who had never seen the Jetsons show I doubt it, but I think there's a noticeable difference, personally.

Oh wow that is awful. She couldn't even get the accent right.

• Brohoof 1