Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Movie Trailer

PinkiePie97

On 6/29/2017 at 7:46 PM, Star Trail said:

The amount of emphasis on the new celebrity cast but somehow they forget the mane 6 character's cast. They're an important part of the movie too.

Or maybe cast the celebrities to voice the Mane 6 and Spike?

9 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Or maybe cast the celebrities to voice the Mane 6 and Spike?

What? That's a terrible idea. I won't enjoy the movie if that happens. :ooh:

2 hours ago, Hierok said:

Like they did it with the 2016 reboot of The Powerpuff Girls, right?

• Brohoof 1

54 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Like they did it with the 2016 reboot of The Powerpuff Girls, right?

Never saw that serie, so I don't really know. ;)

13 hours ago, Hierok said:

At least we got out old VAs voicing our old well known poneh and not being replaced with more celebrities :fluttershy:. Seriously, we would riot if that where to happen yo :D

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Star Trail said:

The current VAs are already considered celebrities within the fandom. 

But not to the general audience (not that I think that should happen).

21 hours ago, Star Trail said:

But the idea is to bring the general movie goer to see ponies. It's as much as it sucks, marketing the regular would backfire, as the movie needs to be seen by the general movie goer as most of us will see it regardless. If I where in the marketing, I would do the same 

17 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

But not to the general audience (not that I think that should happen).

36 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

But the idea is to bring the general movie goer to see ponies. It's as much as it sucks, marketing the regular would backfire, as the movie needs to be seen by the general movie goer as most of us will see it regardless. If I where in the marketing, I would do the same 

I see that Hasbro wants to invest into big celebrities and in return may bring some profits. Nothing wrong with the new cast but my fear of them taking screentime from the mane 6 is uneasy. In the trailer, some of the mane 6 like Applejack, Rarity and Fluttershy don't even have any lines but of course, that's just the trailer. 

(edited)

Later today I'm going to see Despicable Me 3. But I am looking forward to seeing the MLP trailer on the big screen. I don't see why it wouldn't play before a family-friendly animated film.

Edited by Prospekt

10 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Later today I'm going to see Despicable Me 3. But I am looking forward to seeing the MLP trailer on the big screen. I don't see why it wouldn't play before a family-friendly animated film.

don't get your hopes up, the trailer wasn't in the despicable me I saw a couple weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

don't get your hopes up, the trailer wasn't in the despicable me I saw a couple weeks ago.

I didn't end up seeing the trailer today. Kinda surprised me.

4 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I didn't end up seeing the trailer today. Kinda surprised me.

I'm honestly wondering WHAT movie the trailer will show with at this point, the movie comes out in like 2 months and there's barely any kids new releases down the stretch

• Brohoof 1

On 7/18/2017 at 3:17 AM, Star Trail said:

I rather let celebrities voicing the Mane 6 and Spike instead? My choices are Ariana Grande, Aidy Bryant and Kate McKinnon. Agreed?

4 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

I rather let celebrities voicing the Mane 6 and Spike instead? My choices are Ariana Grande, Aidy Bryant and Kate McKinnon. Agreed?

You're allowed to have that opinion, but why? What's wrong with the VAs they already have?

1 minute ago, PinkiePie97 said:

You're allowed to have that opinion, but why? What's wrong with the VAs they already have?

Oh, no reason. Like they did it with The Magic Roundabout and the 2016 Powerpuff Girls reboot of course. 

2 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

Oh, no reason. Like they did it with The Magic Roundabout and the 2016 Powerpuff Girls reboot of course. 

You just answered your own question why there is no need for a change in voice actors. Unlike the reboots which are supposed to be separate from the original source material, the movie is drawing entirely from what's been built up in the show. It's the same with the Spongebob Squarepants movies, no need to change a cast in a movie that relied on the success and appeal from the original show. However the counter argument could be made for Ninjago but it's the studio's call, and Hasbro knows who these characters need to be.

29 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

You just answered your own question why there is no need for a change in voice actors. Unlike the reboots which are supposed to be separate from the original source material, the movie is drawing entirely from what's been built up in the show. It's the same with the Spongebob Squarepants movies, no need to change a cast in a movie that relied on the success and appeal from the original show. However the counter argument could be made for Ninjago but it's the studio's call, and Hasbro knows who these characters need to be.

Yeah well, that is, just like, you know, your opinion man.