MLP Movie Trailer

PinkiePie97

5 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Will this end as the grand finale?

No, Season 8 is already announced.

2 minutes ago, joshyang908 said:

Boo @ GlimGlam being a background pony!

giphy.gif

Agreed, she should clearly be upfront with the rest of the stars!

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, takai said:

And it's great to see MLP continue the tradition of sexy female villains.

Probably not an uncommon reaction to Tempest:

1 minute ago, joshyang908 said:

Boo @ GlimGlam being a background pony!

giphy.gif

st,small,215x235-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite

• Brohoof 2

I will admit, it's looking better than I expected. Tempest is already a better villain than most, and I can already relate to Storm King.

(edited)
12 hours ago, A.V. said:

*Notices the orange-y guy on the left.*

Is that who I think it is?

All he's missing is his hazard suit and glasses! XD

I hope we're talking about the same dude!

Edited by MegaSean45

For anyone who could be worried about how the comedy could hurt the adventure-y and/or epic tone in the film, really good epic movies can also be funny.

Disney and Pixar are really good at making humorous villains and writing a boatload of high-quality humor. Aladdin, 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story 1/2/3, Up!, The Lion King, Hercules, and Princess and the Frog are just some.

Force Awakens was both very serious and very hilarious.

the animation style is great and all, but am i the only one who is confused about canterlot? i mean, it looks so different then it does in the show...  the only explination for it that i can think of was that they had an over population crisis and had to rebuild the entire thing.

(edited)
33 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Will this end as the grand finale?

Just now, Stickman, The Legend said:

Dear lord I hope not.

Season 8's under production, so the answer's an emphatic "no."

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Frozen The Unicorn said:

Loving the Art Style. It's same but also different. DHX has outdone themselves once againpinkie.gif.83e3aab4f9291fc6b5380c221803b4a1.gif

@TilgorethEdited that photo to remove ponies which won't have a major role in the film. That way we can focus on the mane six Important ones

mlp.png.e90c75f36ec618f4093ec088876414ac.png

@MegaSean45 Fixed.

mlp2.png.89844dbb7a88a983c21f4794c5727a4e.png

Whatever, at least it includes Spike in the bunch! Will he get a chance to be awesome like as of late? Obviously! :P

• Brohoof 1

Okay, that was honestly one of the most HYPE things I have ever seen come from the G4-verse, and the trailer just blew me out of the water. The animation was crisp, the new characters have plenty of potential, and the humor seemed actually GOOD. Grubber and the Storm King even garnered laughs from me.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
4 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

I mean, will they use the animation style for Season 8?

Don't know. My theory is they won't. They're making this film under a more advanced budget, and Toon Boom's a pretty expensive program; that's why you're seeing a lot more angles in their faces and bodies, details, smoother animation, new lighting and shadows, etc. These reconstruction of Canterlot/Equestria costs a boatload of money.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, Dark Qiviut said:

Don't know. My theory is they won't. They're making this film under a more advanced budget, and Toon Boom's a pretty expensive program; that's why you're seeing a lot more angles in their faces and bodies, details, smoother animation, new lighting and shadows, etc. These reconstruction of Canterlot/Equestria costs a boatload of money.

Also it wouldn't meld with the other seven seasons. With the movie they can get the animation bump but for the show they'll probably stick with flash for consistency and budgetary reasons

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

It would be beautiful. Somewhat choppy, but beautiful. I mean, we got to see it during the fight against Tirek, right?

I agree! I haven't seen animation of this kinda magnitude since the unnessacary but still exciting fight between Twilight and Tirek (they were evenly matched, which is why Tirek offered a trade instead)!

11 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I agree! I haven't seen animation of this kinda magnitude since the unnessacary but still exciting fight between Twilight and Tirek (they were evenly matched, which is why Tirek offered a trade instead)!

Still calling BS in that fight. 4 pony princesses = discord + Tirek + all other ponies in Equestria....

tumblr_n5hbwzUzJ01soc18mo1_500.gif

Also back to the movie trailer: dood Fluttershy & Rainbowdash, you girls have wings. You should use em! (& i know its a trailer and the edits were taken outta context)

latest?cb=20150707021108