Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid things you thought/did as a little kid.

MachineGunLola

One time I briefly ran away because I wanted to by this pokemon plush toy but I didn't have enough money, and instead my younger sister ended up buying it for herself to spite me.

Or often I would spend hours in the bathtub/shower mixing all the soaps and shampoos together hoping for some kind of chemical reaction.

But.... I think one of the dumbest things I did as a kid was I had these magnetix with the silver, metal balls. I would unscrew the lightbulb from my nightlight with it plugged in and drop the ball in it because it would make pretty sparks and make the power go out, which I happened to think was the coolest thing ever. My parents would always get confused about the power going out and then they'd hit the switches on the breaker in the garage... I don't think they ever figured out what I was doing till years later I grew up and I told them about it. Thank goodness the house never caught on fire or I was electrocuted... Actually, scratch that last one, I also would stick my finger in the nightlight to feel the shock, but I don't think it was that strong. Woops.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I played some really bad games when I was young, movie based games to be specific. I played games like Shrek Super Party, Shrek Smash 'n' Crash Racing, Robots, Ratatouille, and possibly a few others. Movie based games are considered very lazy and bad, and I enjoyed those games. Unfortunately, I was unable to grow out of it. I still enjoy Shrek Super Party to this day, and I don't think I'm as ashamed as I should be. I do play good games, but some of the games I enjoy are terrible but I don't see too many flaws.

• 2 months later...

Oh my goodness... I did so many silly things when I was younger! I think the best (from when I was around five, I think) included:

• Jumping off of my bed, after having a dream about being able to fly, and ending up with pretty bad carpet burn on my knees and arms.
  • Trying to fly again, this time wearing the cape of my Halloween costume and dramatically leaping from a computer desk. That didn't end too well, either.
  • Trying to climb up a smooth, vertical wall, convinced I could teach myself to be Spider-Man.

Those are some of the strangest, I think. There are likely more, but they're are the ones I remember. :P

Edited by Wolves

I thought if I didn't close the door to my room, I would get got by a monster. So every night I would keep closing it. For about half the time I lived in one of my previous residences, the door was broken. So I woke up in panic sometimes to discover it open and had to flip on the light, grab a stick or whatever was nearby, and open everything to ensure myself that there was nothing around.

Let's see...

As a kid, I got kicked out of Mother's Day Outing at the local church, I stole from my friend down the street, I constantly bragged about my toys to anyone who'd listen, I set fire to a toy tank in my bedroom, I refused to do my homework, I threw paper airplanes at my teacher, I disrupted class CONSTANTLY, I made cars stop for me by running out in the street in front of them as a joke, I rode my bike though a friend's house once, I slung mud at the cars of three of my friends' parents, I hogged my buddy's Nintendo when I visited him, I snuck into the kid across the street's house while his they were all out of town and ate all his ice cream, I jacked up the automatic winch on the neighbor's Mobile Home trailer until it almost fell over and left it, I let my down the street neighbors' dogs out as often as I could get away with, I hid a cat in my mailbox and kept him there for three days (yes, I fed him), I busted a bully's room window with half a brick, I smeared makeup ALL OVER the side of my family's house, I ate tree bark and paper, and was generally an enormous pain in the ass to anyone and everyone.

And all that was before I was 12; I mellowed out considerably after that.

I used to think the characters on TV could come visit if we were bored.

I also believed that grass seed was fairy dust and used to sprinkle it on things to try and do magic. Got frustrated when it didn't work.

And I thought you could eat a rainbow if you got close enough.

And I remember one time I had (for about two days) an irrational fear that my cat was actually a robot disguised as a cat for the government or something.

Way too many things, so here's a few:

I used to believe that every superhero that I used to know about, believed that I'd go to hell for doing anything bad, thought of life as a magical place filled with positivity and nothing else.

Most of my actions were non existant, I used to be a positive kid that used tohelp everyone out, that was it, really. 

• 2 years later...

When I was 3 years old, I decided to slurp down as much hot sauce as I possibly could. In hindsight, it wasn't the best idea, but I didn't know any better. This is according to my parents, as I don't remember that far back in time.

• 3 months later...
On 5/16/2012 at 8:50 AM, Mephala said:

Ooh, another thing: riding down my stairs in a laundry basket. Not a great idea.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't do that too. :twismile:

I'd also jump off the top of my brother's bunk bed just for sh*ts and giggles. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't do that too. :twismile:

I'd also jump off the top of my brother's bunk bed just for sh*ts and giggles. 

I did it with a mattress at my granny's. Bare wood stairs so that thing got cruising.