Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid things you thought/did as a little kid.

MachineGunLola

1 thinking that if I stayed on the toilet for too long a hand would drag me straight down into the sewers

2 blew up my laptop by accidentally overloading it

3 exlcuded from primary school because the teacher shouted in my ear so I whacked her with a chair

I'm almost dead certain that the item one fear came from the hand in the toilet in Legend of Zelda.

Speaking of which when I was five or six I played Link to the Past and got to the part after you get the Master Sword. Then I went up to the tower and Agnahim zapped Zelda and I was like Oh no she's dead. Then I got really scared, cut the power on the SNES and didn't play LOZ for a year.

1. Believing a monster lived under the stairs and would come out in the dark. Therefore - if I was the last one up - I would flick the switch at the bottom of the stairs and ran as hard as I could to the top or it would come out and grab me.

2. I'm very clumsy and kept tripping and falling over things. Dad said "look at the ground when you walk and you'll stop falling". It worked, but I just ended up walking into things like walls, lampposts and other people instead. Dad had a facepalm moment.

3. Not me but a friend of mine. We were about 12 and there were three of us going out ridding on a bikes in the countryside - except one of my friends was going sooo slow. So me and my other friend tried to figure out why he was so slow. Turns out he had never ridden a bike before with gears - and therefore was ridding at the lowest gear possible everywhere. We pointed this out to him to which he replies "But that just makes it harder to pedal..." 

I remember once I was jumping on my trampoline singing the lazy town theme tune at the top of my voice. it was really embarrassing when my neighbour called over the fence "could you ask your dad if your sister can come round and play."

oh and the time that I swung on a goalpost and cracked my head open.

and i'll never forget the time when my sister and I threw all the cushions and blankets down the stairs and had a competition to see who could do the coolest jump. didn't end well.

• 3 weeks later...

Well...I used to think my grandmas actual name was "Grammie" X3

And when my brother (Same age as me) told me that sticking up your middle finger was bad, I went around doing it to everyone cause I didn't believe him.

Oops.

Stupid stuff. I was just dumb back then. I did a lot of stupid stuff as a kid, but hey that's what kids do.

So when I was little I loved watching black and white movies still do well I thought the movies were B&W because color had not been invented for the world yet and it was real life

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...
(edited)

I used to think it was possible to be sucked down a bath drain.

And I really hated the show Codename Kids Next Door as a kid because that show made me think that being a 13 year old meant being a adult...Turns out I acted just as much as a kid as a 13 year old as a did before...Maybe more.

Edit: I also tried to send a message using the wind like in the Winnie the Pooh Christmas Special...Then I realized it didn't work and ran back for my drawing...And hit my head on a street lamp.

Edited by Emiko Gale

When I was just a kid, I thought I could for once walk home at the age of 8. It was a big mistake because I had to face oncoming traffic even thoughI looked both way before crossing the street. I wasn't thinking straight, because I was in a rush to grow up fast. Now that I'm older, if I have kids, I'll make sure they don't make the same mistake I did.

My grandparents used to tell me that their old car had wings to allow it to fly over pot holes and such...I totally believed them. In addition to that, I used to be very superstitious as a kid. Things like 'step on a crack, you break your mothers back", so Id never step on cracks in the pavement.

After all the fairy tales I've seen, a long time ago I thought that a kiss on the lips would revive a dead person, but it's literally nothing but lip to lip contact, love can't revive a person, because love is something in the brain. And their brain isn't working anymore. But hey, it's good for fiction unless it's cliche, I don't remember seeing it a lot in any sort of media lately.

Ran up the stairs as a kid and never liked basements because of ghost videos. They've made me scared of basements my whole life even though ghosts rarely were in basements in said videos. Anyhow, I always got up the stairs as fast as my little legs would carry me. Ye.

I used to think it was possible to be sucked down a bath drain.

And I really hated the show Codename Kids Next Door as a kid because that show made me think that being a 13 year old meant being a adult...Turns out I acted just as much as a kid as a 13 year old as a did before...Maybe more.

Edit: I also tried to send a message using the wind like in the Winnie the Pooh Christmas Special...Then I realized it didn't work and ran back for my drawing...And hit my head on a street lamp.

Sounds like you were adorable as a child. c:

Well I don't like to say "stupid things one thought as a kid" because it's not stupid. You're a kid then, you don't have the full picture yet.

Uhhh this is actually harder to answer than I thought because not a lot of what I've believed as a kid has gone away. It's changed, evolved certainly, but I still think a lot of the same things I did in adolescence.

I mean I guess if I were to nit pick I was terrified of vampires as a kid. That they would come and bite me and suck me dry as I slept.

Otherwise my parents really didn't tell me a lot of lies. I mean when I asked if Santa was real, they didn't deflect, they just answered with "what he means is real." Which sort of allowed me to still believe into my adult years the spirit what's really important.

Oh! You know what? There was something. There was this time when my brother and I were watching Rugrats and there was this episode when the parents were fixing their pilot light, which they heard as "pirate light" and meant it as a light that keeps pirates away. For a short time, I actually thought that's what it really meant.