Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I would like to gather as much Criticism on my OC as possible.

MoTusNua

Hello! My name is Carrick Edwin Reynolds but people on the site know me as MoTusNua.
To give you some context. I was an old user of the forums, three years ago until I left the fandom to deal with emotional problems, I had at the time. I am in a much more emotionally stable state and have been getting back into the show and fandom. I am self-writer which means that I continue to write Poems and Stories and share them with my Family, Friends and Teachers. However, I have not publish any of it publicly on the internet.

I used to Roleplay back in the days when I did use the site and I am very excited to start again, however, as perfectionist and due to my want to improve my work. I've decided to allow people to criticize my OC before I use it for actual Roleplays. If you could tell me what you like and dislike about my OC. I would be extremely grateful as I can use that to improve the character and my writing.

Here is a Link to my OC:

Any criticism is welcome and don't worry about going harsh on me. I would like to know, how people actually feel about my writing and my OC. So, just give your genuine feelings on my Character, so I can learn from that. Thanks!

• Brohoof 2

Let me just say first, that you have no idea how good it does my heart to finally see a pacifist OC. Especially one that does seem to be indirectly RPG/combat leaning!

Man, I can tell you put some genuine heart, effort & feeling into this and it really shows! Of what few problems I have, like the poster mentioned before me is that your Pony Creator picture is rather bland. In contrast to @Metalloriff I kind of prefer solid color ocs, its so rare to see these days. If anything, I feel that its alot easier to screw things up with a striped mane. Twilight's one violet strand amongst so much purple sticks out something fierce & don't get me started on the eyesore of Rainbow's mane! Yours does need a little bit of variation in color to it, but I can't put my tentacle on what though. Mane doesn't match the tail though, goes from curly to straight.

The name doesn't seem quite as descriptive/pun-based as pony names tend to be, but I still get that feeling that it does mean something so I'm fine with it!

One of the bigger issues, but one I"m not going to harp on, is your grammar. I can tell its something you're working on, but all the same it does get a bit dodgy in some parts where its enough to set aside time to think about what your getting across. Not bad, I still get your idea, but something to work on after all!

I loved what you did with your story! You actually did tell a story that both described the character and his environment without leaning to heavily on either as is so often the case! I do have to wonder the plausibility of some group just randomly thinking "Eh, let's go start a town of our own." I'd like there to be a reason they left, but the way you put it does sound quite grounded and it would be hard to do it any way that didn't sound like persecution.

Hee, I find it funny how much I appreciated you telling us what he's not an expert in! Ours certainly is a fandom that lends itself to Mary Suing, what with all the "natural talents."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

Let me just say first, that you have no idea how good it does my heart to finally see a pacifist OC. Especially one that does seem to be indirectly RPG/combat leaning!

Man, I can tell you put some genuine heart, effort & feeling into this and it really shows! Of what few problems I have, like the poster mentioned before me is that your Pony Creator picture is rather bland. In contrast to @Metalloriff I kind of prefer solid color ocs, its so rare to see these days. If anything, I feel that its alot easier to screw things up with a striped mane. Twilight's one violet strand amongst so much purple sticks out something fierce & don't get me started on the eyesore of Rainbow's mane! Yours does need a little bit of variation in color to it, but I can't put my tentacle on what though. Mane doesn't match the tail though, goes from curly to straight.

The name doesn't seem quite as descriptive/pun-based as pony names tend to be, but I still get that feeling that it does mean something so I'm fine with it!

One of the bigger issues, but one I"m not going to harp on, is your grammar. I can tell its something you're working on, but all the same it does get a bit dodgy in some parts where its enough to set aside time to think about what your getting across. Not bad, I still get your idea, but something to work on after all!

I loved what you did with your story! You actually did tell a story that both described the character and his environment without leaning to heavily on either as is so often the case! I do have to wonder the plausibility of some group just randomly thinking "Eh, let's go start a town of our own." I'd like there to be a reason they left, but the way you put it does sound quite grounded and it would be hard to do it any way that didn't sound like persecution.

Hee, I find it funny how much I appreciated you telling us what he's not an expert in! Ours certainly is a fandom that lends itself to Mary Suing, what with all the "natural talents."

I have taken your comment to heart and corrected many grammar mistakes, I missed on my first re-drafting. I have also added an explanation to why they decided to settle this town in the first place. Thank you, your comments have actively made this a better OC and it's very much appreciated <3

Edited by MoTusNua
  • Brohoof 1