Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

slice of life The Equestrian Catastrophe Defense Force (RP)

silvermoon15000

(edited)

@OracleOfTwilight

@Maple Bat

@WiiGuy2014

Link to OOC: 

The four princesses looked at the three ponies and then gave the group a confusing look. Luna was the first to break the awkward silence,

"Welcome ponies to the Equestrian Catastrophe Defense Force..." She shifted her eyes to Celestia who then decided to speak next,

"This a secret and special task force meant to keep other evils at bay while The Elements of Harmony are busy, I'm sure the incident three months ago has yet to leave your mind and hearts which is why we-" she gestured to the other three princesses and the three other ponies, "-decided to create this task force," Cadence steps forward, "I hope you understand this is a dangerous job and if you want to leave we expect that you will not say anything about this, but we hope you decide to stay to defend Equestria,"

Twilight sighs before speaking, 

"I didn't want it to come to this, I especially didn't want a friend and a friend's son to get involved, but the incident left us no choice. These three ponies chose you for your skills and intelligence and your lives will have to be secret from now on, no mentioning this to anypony. Only you and us know about this." The bat pony steps forward,

"We will train you in three classes, close quarters,"

"Interrogation and strategy," the ex-guard states

"And weaponry," the officer says

"Those are the main classes but other classes are involved," she finishes.

Celestia steps forward,

"We wish you luck these ponies will take you to your new home and explain the rest from there," the four princesses teleport away leaving the other three to take you to your home.

---------------

Silvermoon:

I stood beside the other ponies all of them different the three mentors stood in front. The room was large and metallic, but the outside looked like a barn. The room had almost nothing in it except a rug and some hay.

"We will let you get aqquainted with each other before moving you into your quarters," the mare says before stomping. The rug slides open and a stair case heads down into darkness, the three enter there and wait.

I stay in silence and look at the other ponies,

"So don't we look like the start of a bad joke," I say trying to lower the tension in the room.

Edited by silvermoon15000
  • Brohoof 3

Supersonic grumbled. "Am I the ONLY one in here who knows anything about actual war? I've fought more battle than any of you have eaten hot meals. And this is my team? A singer" he points to Woodland Orchestra "A night owl" he gestures to Silvermoon "A snooty egghead" he glares at Starlight Shimmer "And a changeling-unicorn lie" he snorts at Will Guide "And they expect me to be able to FIGHT with this joke of a team!?" 

---------------------------------------

Starlight Shimmer cringed. 'That Pegasus is being mean' she thought it herself. 'But why? He knows that I am one of the most skilled Unicorns in Equestria! And yet he treats me like I know nothing? I'll learn to work with him, I'm sure.'

• Brohoof 3

Woodland Orchestra rolled his eyes. "You forgot one. A rude Pegasus." He said sarcastically, turning his attention to the rest of the group "Well it's certainly nice to meet all of you. It does help to know who I'll be working with." He looked at the metallic walls of the barn. It seemed devoid of the feeling of home. Perhaps I could make the place feel a bit more welcoming. He thought starting the hum a soft and patient melody hoping to calm the others down.

• Brohoof 3

Will Guide the Changeling didn't expect Supersonic to trust him as he's the only Changeling he knows to leave Queen Chrysalis' tyrannical rule of having to steal love from others. He wanted to show that not all Changelings are evil, and this would be his chance to do good for Equestria.

Will found himself feeling like Woodland would be the easiest to get along with.

"Supersonic, I know Changelings are not the most trust-worthy, but I would like to change that mind-set, starting with me proving my worth and trust! And, Woody, if you don't mind me calling you that, you have a very calm demeanor and I hope we'll all become great allies and friends."

• Brohoof 2

Supersonic snorted. "Oh, and you think you have what it takes? You haven't seen what I've seen. You don't know what I've been through. And through it all, I stayed strong!" She rolled her eyes. "What are you gonna do when we're trapped? What then, huh? You just gonna sing a little song and our dreams magically come true, huh!? Is that the plan? Because this team merits nothing without skill. You all better train hard." ((My character is always an idiot at the beginning of RPs because she is a jerk to ponies she doesn't know))

Starlight Shimmer stood. "Back off, Supersonic. You need to show some respect! We've all been in battles before, and maybe not as many as you, but you need to respect any knowledge that we have." Her horn glowed and a rip in the fabric of reality appeared, and she reached in and pulled out four fat manilla envelopes. The portal closed, and she used her horn to levitate the first envelope. "Woodland Orchestra. A Draconequus, harnesses chaos magic by singing, son of Discord and Fluttershy, younger brother of Cpt. Maple Bat of Canterlot Castle. Sounds like my kind of guy!" She nodded to WO. She set down Woodland Orchestra's file and picked up the second one. "Silvermoon. Uses night magic just like me, daylight weakens magic, tsk tsk. Not a lot about you, Silvermoon." She nods to Silvermoon, then picking up the third file. "Will Guide. Unicorn-changeling! Interesting. Shapeshifting, magic, the whole nine yards." Finally, she picked up the fourth file. "Supersonic. Bodyguard of Princess Celestia, owns a set of magical armor and weapons, loves to fig-Ohhh! Daughter of Spitfire and Soarin! Didn't see that coming. I guess that's where you get your coat color and mane color. Same with the rough voice." She opened the portal and replaced the files. "Well! Now that the icebreaking is done, we can do something!"

• Brohoof 2

@silvermoon15000 @WiiGuy2014

18 minutes ago, OracleOfTwilight said:

Because this team merits nothing without skill. You all better train hard.

Woodland laughed at this. "Team merits nothing with a team." He stopped both his singing and laughing looking her in the eyes "Supersonic I understand that you feel like I can't do a lot maybe to you I can't yet. We where chosen for this whether you like it or not. To answer an earlier question though, Yes I have seen real combat." He didn't want to say much more to the pegasus. He was getting angry and wasn't sure if that could transfer into his songs or not. He looked at the changeling in the group as he spoke to him. "Ya know that name sounds nice. Woody." He repeated letting the nickname sink in. He looked at Slivermoon He hasn't said too much yet. Finally he turned and walked up to Starlight shimmer "Hey, I need to ask you somthing. How'd you get all that data? Seems like you know a lot about us all before we even met."

• Brohoof 3

27 minutes ago, OracleOfTwilight said:

Supersonic snorted. "Oh, and you think you have what it takes? You haven't seen what I've seen. You don't know what I've been through. And through it all, I stayed strong!" She rolled her eyes. "What are you gonna do when we're trapped? What then, huh? You just gonna sing a little song and our dreams magically come true, huh!? Is that the plan? Because this team merits nothing without skill. You all better train hard." ((My character is always an idiot at the beginning of RPs because she is a jerk to ponies she doesn't know))

Starlight Shimmer stood. "Back off, Supersonic. You need to show some respect! We've all been in battles before, and maybe not as many as you, but you need to respect any knowledge that we have." Her horn glowed and a rip in the fabric of reality appeared, and she reached in and pulled out four fat manilla envelopes. The portal closed, and she used her horn to levitate the first envelope. "Woodland Orchestra. A Draconequus, harnesses chaos magic by singing, son of Discord and Fluttershy, younger brother of Cpt. Maple Bat of Canterlot Castle. Sounds like my kind of guy!" She nodded to WO. She set down Woodland Orchestra's file and picked up the second one. "Silvermoon. Uses night magic just like me, daylight weakens magic, tsk tsk. Not a lot about you, Silvermoon." She nods to Silvermoon, then picking up the third file. "Will Guide. Unicorn-changeling! Interesting. Shapeshifting, magic, the whole nine yards." Finally, she picked up the fourth file. "Supersonic. Bodyguard of Princess Celestia, owns a set of magical armor and weapons, loves to fig-Ohhh! Daughter of Spitfire and Soarin! Didn't see that coming. I guess that's where you get your coat color and mane color. Same with the rough voice." She opened the portal and replaced the files. "Well! Now that the icebreaking is done, we can do something!"

30 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Will Guide the Changeling didn't expect Supersonic to trust him as he's the only Changeling he knows to leave Queen Chrysalis' tyrannical rule of having to steal love from others. He wanted to show that not all Changelings are evil, and this would be his chance to do good for Equestria.

Will found himself feeling like Woodland would be the easiest to get along with.

"Supersonic, I know Changelings are not the most trust-worthy, but I would like to change that mind-set, starting with me proving my worth and trust! And, Woody, if you don't mind me calling you that, you have a very calm demeanor and I hope we'll all become great allies and friends."

I sighed

"You say we haven't seen things like you have, but I was there when the attack happened, I remember the screaming, the blood, the smell of burning flesh, you say we haven't seen things," I finished looking at the idiotic pony. I shook the memories away and smiled,

"And Starlight is it, my magic only weakens my night magic,"

"All in all its nice to meet everypony,"

I feel some magic leave my body,

"Ponies terrorizing you again Silver," I sigh and turn to face Shian, my 3D constellation of a wolf,

"Yes Shian you can introduce yourself," I replied.

• Brohoof 2

Supersonic sighed. "I'm sorry. My mother is missing. It's been a hard couple of weeks, and I'm just inexplicably angry at anyone I meet. I'm sorry, I take it all back."

Starlight laughed. "This data? Princess Luna gave it to me. After all, I'm her star student. Plus, it helps me to know what I'm dealing with before I have to deal with it."

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, OracleOfTwilight said:

Supersonic sighed. "I'm sorry. My mother is missing. It's been a hard couple of weeks, and I'm just inexplicably angry at anyone I meet. I'm sorry, I take it all back."

Starlight laughed. "This data? Princess Luna gave it to me. After all, I'm her star student. Plus, it helps me to know what I'm dealing with before I have to deal with it."

"It's fine, I'm pretty sure your mother will be ok, she is tough," I replied,

"I still don't understand how you can be so nice after that comment, I will hold my tongue though," the transparent wolf beside me said,

"Anyways this is Shian my spirit animal, a pain in the ass, and my best friend," I said as the wolf waved a paw.

• Brohoof 3

Woodland looked at the wolf constellation. "Cool. Is this part of your night magic or is Shian an actual animal?" He regard his comment about holding his tongue heavily. "I don't understand why you think that my opinion would change because of that. We've all got something..." His mind wandered for a second snapping back to reality "\It's not your fault the attack happened and there was nothing you could have done to stop it." He smiled at him "But now we can change all that."

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Maple Bat said:

Woodland looked at the wolf constellation. "Cool. Is this part of your night magic or is Shian an actual animal?" He regard his comment about holding his tongue heavily. "I don't understand why you think that my opinion would change because of that. We've all got something..." His mind wandered for a second snapping back to reality "\It's not your fault the attack happened and there was nothing you could have done to stop it." He smiled at him "But now we can change all that."

"He's alittle bit of both he is summoned by my magic, he can summon himself, but we grew up together he was a pup when I first summoned him he has a mind of his own" after the last comment I nodded in agreement

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
17 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

"He's alittle bit of both he is summoned by my magic, he can summon himself, but we grew up together he was a pup when I first summoned him he has a mind of his own" after the last comment I nodded in agreement

Will couldn't help, but feel like in another life, he was a spirit being shared by another pony, so he could relate a bit to Silvermoon.

"That's nice to hear, Silver. And I can feel that kind of love shared between two life-long companions like you and Shian. I won't feed off it without your permission, I promise.

"However, I should let you all know, that as long as the love I'm feeding on is mutual and true, such as Shining Armor and the real Princess Cadence. and not "one-side not caring for the other", like Shining Armor being fooled by Queen Chrysalis impersonating her, it won't hurt my 'victims'. I promise you that!"

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 3

Woodland, Feeling that the group was well enough acquainted looked over to mentors. "So..." He said nervously "When do we start training? Soon we prepare the sooner we save lives." He started to hum the melody he was humming earlier filling the room with a lively and happy sound.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Will smiled with his Changeling fangs looking surprisingly pleasant and kind for a scary-looking creature like himself as he heard Woody's happy singing. It may not be love to feed on, but it made Will remember why he left the Evil Changelings behind. He spoke to Woody, "Your singing reminds me just how beautiful life can be and it must be protected. And I agree that training should start soon! I might not be the best fighter, but I'm willing to use my shape-shifting ability to help the Force!"

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 3

56 minutes ago, OracleOfTwilight said:

Supersonic stood. @Maple Bat"Woody, I have a request. I would like to train with you specially as a tag team, seeing as you can fly and have bolster magic. Do you accept?" He walked over to the mentors. 

2 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Will smiled with his Changeling fangs looking surprisingly pleasant and kind for a scary-looking creature like himself as he heard Woody's happy singing. It may not be love to feed on, but it made Will remember why he left the Evil Changelings behind. He spoke to Woody, "Your singing reminds me just how beautiful life can be and it must be protected. And I agree that training should start soon! I might not be the best fighter, but I'm willing to use my shape-shifting ability to help the Force!"

2 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

Woodland, Feeling that the group was well enough acquainted looked over to mentors. "So..." He said nervously "When do we start training? Soon we prepare the sooner we save lives." He started to hum the melody he was humming earlier filling the room with a lively and happy sound.

Silver opened his mouth to speak but was cut off as Shian faded,

"We will decide who you train with and who you bunk with," the ex-guard said,

"But feel free to use your free time to train with the others," the mare added,

"Now all of you come down to the main hall," she instructed,

--------------------

Main hallway:

Silver and the others stood in the hall the three mentors standing once again in front of them. The hallway was wide and extremely long around 20 doors on each side lined them. There was very little light, most if it covering doors and some gapped on the ceiling above.

"We should probably introduce ourselves," the mare said,

"I am Silentwing Nighteye," she put a hoof to her chest.

"Steephooves, but I earned the name Steelhooves after I was tortured for 7 months by a terrorist organization," the ex-guard said.

"I'm Blindeye," the cop finished.

Silvermoon looked at the cop for a moment,

"I recognize you...you were the one who helped me pull a mare out of the debris after the attack," the cop nodded in response.

Silentwing shook her head,

"This is the main hallway, every door here leads to a room. Every door has a sign that will inform you of the room-" she smiled,

"And I mean inform you as in-" she lifted up a set of keys,

"These keys have the name of the room and the only way you get in those rooms is by guessing which room is which by answering a riddle. Each door has a camera with a system built into it to tell who is unlocking the door at all times so it can tell if you are wrong. Whoever gets the most doors right will be at the top of the leaderboards and will get exclusives for the rest of the week, understood, now get to work, we will be watching you," she finished, throwing each student a set of keys.

Silver looked at the set of keys and got to work.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

"Your singing reminds me just how beautiful life can be and it must be protected. And I agree that training should start soon! I might not be the best fighter, but I'm willing to use my shape-shifting ability to help the Force!"

Woodland blushed a tad. "Oh well I just like to sing. There's nothing more to it."

1 hour ago, OracleOfTwilight said:

Supersonic stood. @Maple Bat"Woody, I have a request. I would like to train with you specially as a tag team, seeing as you can fly and have bolster magic. Do you accept?" He walked over to the mentors. 

When supersonic suggested a tag-team he wasn't sure how to respond. "I guess we could try it. However your first impression on wasn't that good..." He thought about his sentence for a second.

24 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

"These keys have the name of the room and the only way you get in those rooms is by guessing which room is which by answering a riddle. Each door has a camera with a system built into it to tell who is unlocking the door at all times so it can tell if you are wrong. Whoever gets the most doors right will be at the top of the leaderboards and will get exclusives for the rest of the week, understood, now get to work, we will be watching you," she finished, throwing each student a set of keys.

Woodland took a set of keys. He walked towards a door. He wasn't necessarily sure where he wanted to go. "Guess I'll..." He walked to the door closest to the entrance. If he figured out which rooms where which in order he'd have the memorized by the end of the day. He walked up to it. "Ok... I'm uhh... Ready for the riddle now." He said.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Maple Bat said:

Woodland blushed a tad. "Oh well I just like to sing. There's nothing more to it."

When supersonic suggested a tag-team he wasn't sure how to respond. "I guess we could try it. However your first impression on wasn't that good..." He thought about his sentence for a second.

Woodland took a set of keys. He walked towards a door. He wasn't necessarily sure where he wanted to go. "Guess I'll..." He walked to the door closest to the entrance. If he figured out which rooms where which in order he'd have the memorized by the end of the day. He walked up to it. "Ok... I'm uhh... Ready for the riddle now." He said.

An automated voice played through the doorknob,

"A room of magic is what a student may call it, but a room for eggheads is what a pegasus might call it" it finishes, the camera fixated on Woodland.

• Brohoof 2

Starlight took her keys and inserted them into the door to her immediate left. "Riddle, please!" She said in a cheerful tone. 

Supersonic took the keys. Sliding them into the lock of the fourth door down on the right, she said, "A riddle, please."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Will Guide was nervous about the riddles, but he'd like to flex his brain, so he asked for his key and headed for a door.

He felt like he's been through this kind of thing before in a dream, where he was on a runaway train, and to reach the engine to stop it, he had to answer riddles to reach the next car!

"I'm ready for your riddle!"

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
9 hours ago, OracleOfTwilight said:

Starlight took her keys and inserted them into the door to her immediate left. "Riddle, please!" She said in a cheerful tone. 

Supersonic took the keys. Sliding them into the lock of the fourth door down on the right, she said, "A riddle, please."

For Starlight:

"A sight you may find in here but metal isn't always a pretty sight."

For Supersonic:

"Something you wear, but it may be heavier then what you usually wear,"

9 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Will Guide was nervous about the riddles, but he'd like to flex his brain, so he asked for his key and headed for a door.

He felt like he's been through this kind of thing before in a dream, where he was on a runaway train, and to reach the engine to stop it, he had to answer riddles to reach the next car!

"A place to relax, but only during free time, there are no cameras because it counts as private time,"

Edited by silvermoon15000
  • Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

"A place to relax, but only during free time, there are no cameras because it counts as private time,"

Will Guide could guess what room the riddle is referring to, but couldn't remember the name. He just hoped that none of these rooms were named with an inappropriate word. Finally, he remembered the name for his answer: Sauna!

So he took the Sauna key and placed it in the door. Now to see if his answer was correct...

• Brohoof 3

14 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Will Guide could guess what room the riddle is referring to, but couldn't remember the name. He just hoped that none of these rooms were named with an inappropriate word. Finally, he remembered the name for his answer: Sauna!

So he took the Sauna key and placed it in the door. Now to see if his answer was correct...

There was a loud buzz before the key turned itself unlocking the door.

"Correct," the door opened a slot and the word sauna appeared on the door.

• Brohoof 3

It took the dragonequus a little while to get it. "Oh! Library... Probably." He looked through his keys to see if he had one that said that or anything similar. Right here we go He thought, He put the key in that had Library Written on it.

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

It took the dragonequus a little while to get it. "Oh! Library... Probably." He looked through his keys to see if he had one that said that or anything similar. Right here we go He thought, He put the key in that had Library Written on it.

The door buzzed before twisting the key and unlocking the door, the word library imprinted on the door now.

"Correct"

• Brohoof 3