Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

Rainbow dash also noticed the large monster "Should I help you with that!" Rainbow yelled "Because I could just use a rainboom easily!"

AppleJack had gotten a few ponies out with rainbows help. "I can get the rest of these ponies outta here. You can help if he needs it."

Shining too had seen the beast but was too busy. Moonshadow was in a similar pradicament.

• Brohoof 1

"If you can do that, it would be appreciated, but don't take any unnecessary chances!" Caerson said as he has started trying to catch the attention of the beast.

"I will hold them off, go for it!" he said as he drew his revolver and started taking out some infected one by one, until one came close, but with his axe in his other hand, he killed the infected with a swift attack, and started to fight against 8 in close combat.

The battle was going in a bit towards Equestria's favour, but they knew it would not last forever, their enemies would eventually get reinforcements.

Rainbow looked at the huge beast and flew way up into the air "Alright I'm in position! try to keep it still for a bit need to aim." She started to dash downwards

Applejack kept it up with helping as much as she could with those who where hurt.

Moonshadow disengaged his opponent and saw behind them "Everyone look out!" He shouted diverting some attention to the army behind them.

• Brohoof 1

Caerson was killing infected after infected until he heard what Rainbow Dash meant.

He drew his revolver and made a gamble as he shot straight at the creature, the bullet did nothing against the creature, but it was not meant to damage, it but to distract the creature and divert its attention to Caerson again.

It roared and fired a massive fireball at him, as he saw this coming he made a quick move as he grabbed an infected that was still alive and held it in front of him, hoping that it would block most of the fire.

The fireball then exploded straight at its target, leaving a large cloud of smoke, but it managed to make the Creature standstill because it was aiming.

Rainbow dash eventually hit the point were the explosion happened and then all the soldiers were distracted by it giving the equestrians an upperhand. When rainbow hit the creature the force knocked it to the ground "Ah yea! That's how it's done!" When the blow hit the ground quaked and it did so again when the creature crashed into the ground

Moonshadow had managed to get his weapon back "Now's our chance! Let's go!"

• Brohoof 1

When the smoke cleared, Caerson stood there, holding an almost completely vaporized body of a now death infected.

He had lots of burns over his body, and the cloak had been burned off on some parts.

"Good work Rainbow, now we have a better chance against them." Caerson said with a pant.

He then stumbled over the creature, he held his axe in the air, and cleaved a few times in its thick hide, until the neck had been breached, the creature then died.

"Rainbow, I got one last thing, could you warn the others? We got an exit now, we need to hurry, can't waste more time on them since they will be coming with more reinforcements if we keep on fighting now." Caerson said as he stumbled inside.

For the Equestrians it seemed they have the upper hand and a good exit.

Twilight smilied at something she saw. "We don't need to run... We've got reinforcements on the way... but they're not with infected."

Moonshadow was a bit confused "Who is it then?" He said "Good? Bad?"

Twilight shrugged "I can't tell from the drones..."

• Brohoof 1

"Reinforcements? Twilight, what do you mean by reinforcements? The entirety of Hollow Shades had been crawling with our enemies, why would an entire army come and help us when they could be targeted as well? Not to mention, how would they know we were in such a secluded place? I don't like this idea, it might be a trap, I am going outside and check this out." Caerson said with a slight grimace, not believing this would be an Equestrian reinforcement with how tight their current army already was.

He then walked back outside, his axe gripping in his hand, not knowing who it could be.

When Caerson got close he saw they looked like equestrians but not quite like the ponies but they bore a sharp resemblance. Several of them drew weapons when he got close but the one who was wearing the armor with golden trim looked like she was excited "Oh my gosh is that you Caerson?!" The leader asked looking at him "Oh Pinkie spoke of you in the letters she was sending! She told me there was a battle... Where is it... I thought it was here since Rainbow made that big rainboom there... Or is it over?"

• Brohoof 1

Caerson looked a bit surprised.

"It is still going on, Rainbow Dash managed to take down this creature over there. We have been looking for a chance to escape, but then Twilight told me reinforcements where incoming, and then I saw you guys coming."

"But yes, i am Caerson, we haven't met before, come to think of it, i haven't seen your race until just now." Caerson said as he holstered his axe.

"I'm Princess Skystar. We're hypogryphs." Skystar said almost, shouting "Pinkie said that you were going to a battle so we came to help." She restated. "Let's go!" She said running past him to the battle very nonchalant.

Rainbow noticed them "Twi! It's the Hypogryphs!"

Twilight looked up from the thing she was controlling the drones with "Really? Well, I guess maybe we can win this now."

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

'Wel il be damned, our luck is really great now that another race is aiding us, just how many sentient species does Equestria have? And to think everyone presumed that there were not that many races left in the galaxy...' Caerson thought.

As he was watching the battlefield, he was glad to see they were having an advantage, their enemies losing their own advantage.

The enemies upon the hills seemed to retreat further back into the woods while the last soldiers on in the town where fighting with everything they had got.

"They are regrouping..." Caerson muttered.

He then looked back at the battle.

"Keep going everyone, we are almost there!" Caerson called out.

"Yea! That's how we do it!" Skystar said laughing.

Twilight was using the drones pretty proficiently to note. It was apparent she learned quick "Alright. As long as we keep this up we should win here."

Rainbow dash took down one of the soldiers with the help of a griffon and Applejack managed to get all of the survivors out "The ponies are clear." She declared.

• Brohoof 1

"Good work, we are very lucky we got more allies now, we can't stay here for long though, as strong as we may be, it would be unsmart to stay here longer than needed, they will come with an even greater force when that happens." Caerson said.

He then thought for a moment.

Caerson got an idea as he walked towards Shining Armour.

"We need to hunt down the last of them from this attack, most of them up the hills have retreated and are trying to regroup, we can't let that happen, once we are done here, we need to act fast, and while we do that, some of the soldiers should stay behind to watch over the civilians." Caerson said to him.

The enemies where now only down to 8 men.

"Oh there's a lot more armies here in Equestria... can't say they're all as eager to help us through," Skystar replied to him as her troops to a defensive position for the civilians.

Shining charged the last few enemies, his sword easily slicing through several enemies as he ran forward. Once that was taken care of he needed to give another rallying cry but he couldn't really think of anything heroic. "Well... Come on. You all want everyone to survive right..."

Moonshadow disguised as Maple again and ran beside shining armor. "He's right everyone looks at the pony next to you... You can see ambition and goals in the eyes of each of them... Now... Are you going to let these pathetic soldiers take that light away from them. Becuase if we don't do it then no one else can. WE fight for our brothers and sisters, We fight for our families and friends, for those who can't protect themselves... For Equestria!"

That certainly got the army riled up they all shouted "For Equestria" back to 'her' and a good number of them rushed forward charging the disorganized enemies.

• Brohoof 1

"For their sakes, i hope they would, they won't be having it good once the enemy throws an all-out invasion on them, they eventually would need help if they prefer to exist longer." Caerson said, knowing how it tends to go between independent nations in time of war when a greater threat is on the horizon.

He then turned back to Shining Armour.

"We need a forward plan once they are done taking down the regrouping enemies, if i may ask, who is currently running the Crystal Empire while you are away?" He asked him.

"Thorax is for now. I know he means well even though he has a little bit of trouble with leading but he is the king of the reformed changelings and letting him and the other nice changelings into the kingdom until any of the others alicorns get back. He may seem a bit... Special if you go to meet him personally..." Shining meant no offense but there where traits about him that were... off.

'Maple' and the rest of the soldiers that where attacking managed to sweep up some of the remaining forces that where retreating.

• Brohoof 1

"Equestria does have a history of many reformations, it seems a pretty unique way to-" Caerson was however as a Claw suddenly went straight through his chest.

While it did not any lethal parts, it did cause quite the bleeding and gave off a gruesome sight as the sharp points of the claw had impaled him through the chest.

"What... In damnation..." Caerson said with disbelief as he was looking at the sharp ends of the claws.

The claw then was thrust out of his chest, the one who attacked him seemed to be an in infected, but this one looked very ordinary, he was wearing some sort of armour, and red glowing lines where all around its body, it seemed to be an infected that was capable of using powers from the demon realm.

Caerson turned around as looking at the strange infected with a deadly glare, but it didn't really help that Caerson started coughing up blood.

But he did not care, he wanted that thing dead, and so with a roar drew his axe and tried to slash the infected apart, only for it to teleport away and reappear behind him.

"NO!" Caerson shouted as he tried to block the infected's attack, but it proved to be rather futile as he barely had enough strength to attack, let alone stand, his stubbornness is the only thing that was holding him together from the infected tearing him apart.

Twilight was aiming one of the bots at the creature one in particular with a high caliber sniper-type weapon, Seh didn't fire it though she was too worried she'd hit Caerson.

Shining rose his blade "This is gonna hurt sorry...'" He drove the blade between him and the creature it cut the creature badly and it cut Caerson a bit too since when he swung they were so close the hit separated the two by a light margin which was good enough for Twilight to decide to fire.

The shot went straight through the creatures head but still hit Caerson in the back. "Oh no!"

• Brohoof 1

Caerson choked in his breath as the sniper round hit him.

He was looking at his chest with disbelief as it was streaming with blood.

"Wh-Why...." Caerson sputtered out of his mouth as he fell to the ground almost lifeless, his wound was already bad but the moves that Shining Armour and Twilight Sparkle had done could, in fact, be the cause of his death if nothing would be done about it.

Twilight dropped the device that she was controlling those drones with and she ran up to him pouring all of her magic to heal him. "No... No No No... That's not what I wanted." She said in blind panic as she was desperately trying to keep him alive with her magic. "I just wanted to help you..."

Shining added his magic to it as well. He didn't know healing magic, but he did know a spell which slowed down blood flow. He learned it from Cadence who used it to calm ponies down. "Skystar! We need a medic!" A hypogryph immediately came over and started to work on the wounds.

• Brohoof 1

Caerson had his eyes closed, he was vaguely aware of his surroundings.

He then opened his eyes and lifted his head.

"Guys... Please stop... Don't waste your efforts on a bitter old man like me, I have lived for so long in this tragedy that I am getting tired, just stop..." Caerson said, knowing that he was not going to survive unless he would get full-scale medical attention, which was only available in the main cities in such a degree.

"Just bury me or leave me behind, because it is like they say, i should not be deserving to live here, not after everything, not ever." Caerson said weakly.

"Yes you do," Twilight said not letting go of the spell. "Everyone deserves a chance to change... Especially after what you've done for us. Fluttershy's daughter... teaching me the things you know and... giving us valuable info on the enemies... Only for me to kill you... I'm sorry... I'm sorry." Even though her breakdown, she was still able to use her magic somehow even at full capacity.

• Brohoof 1

Caerson expression softened greatly.

"I have done many things Twilight, many tend to call me a hero, but behind all that glory I do nothing but hide my true feelings as I feel nothing but sorrow who died, for those who are going to die soon. Ever wondered why none would call out our names in the terms of glory? You have all these races, Ponies, Changelings, Vernomians, all those who have some form of redemption in darkest times. But then you have the cursed 3, Terrans, Eldritch and Raukan, these 3 races are cursed, hated, disgusted. Many call us savages, barbarians, renegades. You will hear anyone of us say this, for it is the truth, my race is responsible for the destruction of everything, and now we have to pay the price for it. That is my grief, Twilight Sparkle." Caerson said, before eventually passing out, he was not dead, but he had passed out due to the lack of strength, and the loss of so much blood.

Twilight wanted to say so much but he had passed out. In grief, Twilight tore apart the drones she was using working to mimic the stuff that was attached to his body and she worked for hours. Not wanting to eat or drink anything, She blamed herself for this and wanted to go as far as she needed to save him.

Shining was concerned didn't want any of the soldiers to leave since Twilight didn't want to leave. "I've never seen her act like this... She's worrying me."

Moonshadow, Who was still Maple watched the spectacle in a confused sorrow. "I know... It's upsetting. I get why she's like that... Sorrow's a powerful emotion it drives some of the strangest things."

After another few hours of Twilight working nonstop even while the others where sleeping she was working, Eventually she got it. She put the replacement into Caerson's chest she used her healing magic on it sealing any blood loss and connecting the device to the vitals but she passed out in Carson's lap shortly after which not sure if her gadget would work but she just couldn't stay awake anymore.

• Brohoof 1