Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

Ember didn't move "No games! Just be straight with me! I can't shift my focus off a threat still holding weapons!" Ember moved the blade closer, it touched but didn't cut... "Don't test me!" Apparently, Ember really didn't remember Kiran. Why? Most likely due to being too focused on her foe.

Celestia nodded "Right... We should. Luna. Are you ready?" Celestia turned to face her, both the alicorns horns still glowing.

"Of course sister." Luna then referenced the other soldiers "I can keep the spell up for what I think to be 4 hours... So that means we need to get as far as we can in that time. Lets get moving!" Luna and Celestia started to walk quickly, Trailed by Evelyn

"Let's hope this spell is working" Evelyn commented, "I've never relied on a spell this much before..."

• Brohoof 1

Kiran's expression turned into a frown when he realised that Ember still didn't recognize him, and he was also well aware she was joking in the slightest.

"Calm down, It is me Kiran, that one guy who you had talked to before, I even remember you wanted to fight me sometime, but it is not very appropriate to do it now, is it?" Kiran told her with a sigh.

He then threw his weapons to the ground to the ground.

"There, happy now? Or do I have to lie on the ground with my hands behind my back like some sort of convict?" Kiran asked her with irritation.

'Well, I used to be on convict in a sense... But whether that conviction was justified is a rather debatable, especially if a death sentence is connected..' He thought with irony

Everyone started following Luna and Celestia who were keeping up the spell, they were heading in the direction in where they were originally all heading towards, while the first group was travelling the opposite direction to fight againts the enemies while the second group would be tracking down the massive war machine.

"Same here, but I am confident this is going to work, but at the same time, I am somewhat concerned about the wildlife around these areas.   Think about it for a second,  there is nobody keeping nature in check, and with all the infection going on, some animals will revert to a more predatory state while others will start to adapt to the infection and start growing counter mechanisms, mechanisms that will prove equally deadly to all of us as well. Or what I am trying to say in short-"

"We could encounter animals that are very strong, as in having hides that could very well be tough enough to counter bullets and magic attacks alike, nature is scary when it is being influenced by the ongoing tragedies, and it's trying to bite back twice as hard..." Jack reminded everyone.

Ember jumped and slung the axe across her back "Oh! Kiran I'm sorry... I really didn't recognize you ugh... With all that's been happening... Well I think you know what I mean by that... I've just been highly on edge I think Festus picked that up too... But maybe no games next time?..." Ember said raising a brow.

Celestia nodded to jack agreeing. "As true as that is they're all just animals. They can be reasoned with... To a degree. Fluttershy has proven that time and time again, So I wouldn't worry about it too much" Celestia smiled to him

Luna yawned, she seemed bored. "Just try to relax no point in worring about things that could easily not happen you know? I wish I had a game to play... It's been a while since I've felt safe enough to say that" 

• Brohoof 1

"Sorry about that, but I didn't expect you were the one to spot me. I thought at first someone else would spot me, but that prank failed big time." Kiran said with a laugh as he regathered his weapons.

"I guess the 2 of you should get ready, they are going soon. I will be joining the second group as well, but in secret, I am sure not everyone here will be happy to realise that I have returned, personal grudges and all that you know? Anyway, you are right about Festus, he is going through something that seems to bother him greatly, he will want to talk to you about it, I could see it from his face last time I saw him, so keep a close eye on the kid yeah? He is gonna need." Kiran said before looking around cautiously.

"Yeah, there is my queue... Hey, I had better go now before anyone else spots me, and do please keep my return a secret for now alright? I rather not have a mob of angry people after my backside just yet. See you later!" Kiran said before quickly sneaking away, and then ran somewhere into the desert, without anyone spotting him.

But he would meet them again eventually since he would come to them before the actual attack would happen.

Someone walked up to Ember.

"Hey there, are you coming? We are about to leave." The person told Ember.

"I guess you are right, I cannot help but think about such things, my father knew alot about wildlife, so it's obvious that I would come to learn such things as well," Jack said back to Celestia with a smile.

He then heard Luna's comment and thought for a moment, before he had a rather intriguing idea.

Jack over a bit over wards the saddle with a bit of painful effort and was looking through the things that Evelyn had brought with her, but Jack had put in something himself before they had left the city.

He then found what he was looking for and revealed a Pistol, though this had a silver touch to it, and it looked pretty powerful from its size.

Jack also grabbed a few magazines and threw them to Luna, or rather, he tried to throw them, which ended up rather awkwardly as they just fell to the ground right next to where Evelyn was standing.

"Luna, Do you think you could try and fire this handgun with your magic? I am interested to see if an Alicorn or Unicorn would be capable of doing that since we have never tested in theory." Jack asked Luna, hoping to make her lose her boredom as well in the process.

The entire encounter with Kiran confused Ember. He'd popped up and now just like how he came... "I will never understand Kiran. Oh well I guess I don't have to..." Ember walked ouide the tent, "Yep I'll be right th-" Ember had turned around and then she was looking Festus in the eyes, She saw a malestrom of emotions in them "Oh boy... C'mon... We can walk and talk about it." She set her claw on his shoulder

Luna levited the gun before it hit the sand. "Sure jack. I don't mind to do that.. But I think I might need something to aim at..." She looked around for something... But most of what she saw would be dangerous for someone to shoot at.

• Brohoof 1

The second group was about to move out, the plan was being talked trough, most had already been covered, but there where still some parts unclear despite a plan had already existed due to previous engagements. The leader of the second group had made some errors at first, and now a new leader for the second group had been chosen...

Jack was looking around for a targe that Luna could shoot at, but he then saw a tiny scorpion walking somewhere nearby.

"You can shoot that Scorpion over there, but be sure to chamber the magazine in the pistol and rechamber it. I guess if we shoot the scorpion we gain more food as well, or atleast... not all of us can it since you and Celestia are Herbivores." Jack said to her

He then thought for a moment.

"While we are on the subject, how much food and water do we have with us? I don't know because I haven't been told." He said. "Evelyn, are you carrying those things in your saddlebags by any chance?"

Ember walked with Festus and Festus was going on about how he felt "I just... I did what you said. I made a friend... but instead of making me stronger... It was only making me more vulnerable... I feel so lost... and empty... I just want to go out and steal things... which is unlike me..." Festus managed through his tears.

Ember hoisted him up onto her shoulders. "Kid... That's natural what you're experiencing... it's grief. It means you really don't want to lose that person... and now, fighting for them while they're gone... It will make you fight harder... With more resolve and desire to win. You're not as weak now as you might believe. DOn't worry Festus. Just wait until the next battle ok. you'll see what I mean then!" AS a reply Festus nodded he felt tall being on Embers shoulders like this.

Luna fired at it she hit it. "Hey! This is like that game... it was good but the ponies who were in the online mode were... Well... Rude to say the least." Luna said rechambering the gun and aiming it around looking for something else.

Evelyn looked at Jack "It's good you're on top of it but don't worry the doctors have plenty of supplies for the journey. They'll last us for at least the journey to the point we meet the others at so don't you worry about that... Unless you need something now."

• Brohoof 1

Life is a hard cycle, we no longer do things because want to do them, we do them because we need to survive. Everything we do is in reality purely selfish, someone might act like they want to always help others, but in the end its down to the selfish gain of wanting to feel good, there is no such thing as having no selfish desires, which sums up all of our intentions, only some have more selfish reasons than others.

There is no such thing as a person without selfish reasons, even the most helpful and friendly person does it for his or her own benefit without realising it, it is in our nature to hide up our bad sides and mask them with our good sides to make better impressions, but the answer is, is that a good way to act?

I see helping others as a good thing but said person shouldn't deny that it's for his or her own beneficial reasons as well, making up a lie about it, whether intentional or not, is yet another way to benefit to your own gain, telling the truth is less beneficial, because you will hurt yourself with that very truth in the process, but who am I to decide whether someone is selfish or not?

If there is one thing that angers me, is that someone uses the good intention excuse as a way to get more fame and attention, while I do feel like helping others, I won't take any credit or acknowledgement from it, I don't want to stand out from the rest like some sort of puffed up ignorant who feeds on attention and power, it is how this entire mess started...

-William mentions to Garrow in a philosophical way, voicing his oppinion on what he thinks of the term hero.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, I guess water would be nice, to be honest, I haven't really drunk anything in a while. It is pretty hot in the sun after all.." Jack admitted, he, however, looked up when he heard what Luna said and couldn't help but giggle, even though he didn't understand what Luna had exactly meant since he didn't know what a *videogame* was, he did always seem to find it funny when Luna was acting that way.

Evelyn reached into a bag she was carrying pulling out a canteen. "Here you go. I didn't say I didn't have anything myself." She chuckled to herself. "Stay on top of your health. Given how you look right now, I think it'd be best for you... You know, given..." Evelyn sounded sad, and worried. She knew there wasn't much she could do aout Jack except make him strong so he could fight the infection.

Luna levitated the gun around a bit more. "When... I'm not using this... what am I supposed to do with it? In the games it went off the screen and you just brought out another gun... So what do I do with it?"

• Brohoof 1

"Thanks," Jack said as he accepted the canteen and started drinking from it, but not by a whole lot, since he was very conservative when it came to resources and food, his early days of survival have proved that.

"But don't worry about it too much, I have always been the type who has a problem in one way or another, whether it being kidnapped or having some sort of illness. I even remember that I used to have a curse, in which I would eventually turn, that dreaded mark... Yeah, I remember that all too well.  I have been experiencing such things my entire life, I have grown used to it you know? This means I won't stop fighting againts this virus, I will fight with every fibre of my body because you know how stubborn I can be hehe." Jack replied to Evelyn with a smile as he handed the Canteen back.

He then looked at Luna, who was still levitating the pistol.

"Well, you store it away like any other weapon, and tread it as such, because these things are like a portable crossbow if you think about it. But make sure you put the safety on, which should be located somewhere on the pistol." Jack mentioned to Luna. "Perhaps you should keep that weapon around a while longer? For in cases, if you are out of magic and you need to engage enemies at range, then this might help you."

"Or actually... You might have find a way to use such a weapon without magic, for in case things get desperate you know? Perhaps learn to use your hoofs and wings to utilize the weapon, heck, you can even use your tail, don't hesitate to be creative with the way you fight, that might actually be a good advice for Celestia as well. Learning to use any kind of weapon makes your odds in fights and survival better, I can sure remember when I learned how to use a bow, granted I am not very good at it, I can still use one with decent results!" Jack advised.

"Yea. I know you're going to do everything you can to both, not be taken by it and to do as much as you can before you do end up changing... I still wonder how you haven't yet... it's been a day and a half now... At any rate, I'm very proud of you for keeping it back for that long!" Evelyn smiled to him trying to keep the spirits high. "We're quite the group huh? 2 god figures, a dragon, and a kid with a lot of talent."

Luna set the pistol on her back. "I feel as though there's supposed to be... something I put it in like what Festus had but I don't really have those things.. you wouldn't happen to have anymore... or at least... know where I can get another one do you?"

• Brohoof 1

"Thanks, Evelyn, and I also do wonder why I haven't turned yet, I would call it a miracle, a miracle forged by our ancestors, and we wield it, it makes us strong. Call it silly beliefs, but I will never stop thinking that." Jack replied with a smile.

"In fact, with the 4 of us, I believe we can take on the whole world! It's something I have never felt before, for once I no longer am afraid of what might happen, I felt like that perhaps a while ago, but then something happenend, I could feel it... Something or someone is helping us, and I bet I know  who it is.." Jack said with a smile as he looked up into the sky.

Someone walked up to Luna when he had heard what she had asked.

He handed her a bandolier, which did seem to fit Luna, even though it was not made for ponies to wear, it still would fit.

"These things are called Bandoliers, usually we put our pistols in what we call holsters, but bandoliers are overall more efficient since you can also store ammo and other items in it, but at the same time it won't comprise any space if you are planning on putting on armour. And you can craft these from leather, it is one of the best and simplest inventions made I must say, easy to produce and efficient at the same time."

"My name is Edgar, I am a historian, or well, used to be one before.. you know.   Anyway, don't feel forced to give me something in return, we have to help each other to survive, and this is one of those things." He said before he waved her goodbye and joined some of the others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was about 6 hours later, everyone had decided to set up a camp,   this had been made necessary since Luna and Celestia hadn't been able to keep up the spell much longer and thus this was the opportunity to gather some rest and wait before they could continue travelling again.

Jack was still laying on the saddle, somewhat dozing off, when he suddenly heard a sound, he couldn't yet make out what it was, but he had a feeling it was something bad.

"Guys heads up! Something is coming our way, or no wait... Multiple things are coming our way! I can feel some sort of movement, I can't tell how many or what they are, but it's heading straight towards us!" Jack suddenly called out to everyone as he had a bad feeling about this.

Most of the others also stood up and looked around them cautiously, some of them seemed to be really afraid or tense, especially the younger ones.

"Wait I can hear it too!" Someone called out.

"I can't see anything approaching, but I can sure hear it... Just what in oblivion is going on?" someone else said.

Everyone was starting to panic, normally they would be capable of somewhat readying and calming themselves, but they had no idea what was coming, some wanted to flee, while others were sticking together, it was becoming a bit of chaos. The members of this group weren't soldiers, after all, they where citizen.

"Guys... Perhaps we should do something.." Jack advised though he did not know what to do himself, he was holding on to Evelyn's neck pretty tight.

It was not apparent what was coming their way, but it was obvious it was something that wanted to attack them...

Luna pulled out the gun she'd still had. Levitating it and aiming it at the sounds. "Sister... What should we do here... You are the leader of this group... in a way."

Celestia Looked out and her horn started to glow brightly "Evelyn... keep the young ones safe... Me and my sister can handle this, this time. I trust you..." Celestia used the spell to vlear the area in front of her and Luna prepping it for battle. "Whatever it is we got this sister."

Luna nodded "Of course we do. No one can beat us together!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The movement suddenly stopped when Celestia had used the spell,   but then... 3 big things shot out of the sand, they where as tall as the largest tree's in the Everfree forest, they looked like massive worms, only these things had a big gaping mouth, that was round formed with sharp teeth around every corner.  Not only that, among their entire body where tiny legs spread all over the place, which seemed to be used for climbing things when not using their body propel themselves through the ground.

One of them had been hit by Celestia's spell, and had gotten more aggressive but also more alert than before.

"G-guys, those things look repulsive..." Jack stammered as he became a bit pale, he was sometimes afraid of enemies, but he seemed to rather big fear of insects, and here near him were creatures who looked like massive insects.

There where 5 of them, 3 above the ground who where observing Celestia and Luna, even though these creatures had no eyes, they seemed to have these senses, which makes them capable of smelling and feeling out anything flesh related, this was a terrifying aspect as they could seek out their prey in no time...

1 of the 3 tried to attack Luna, lashing forward like a whip towards her, attempting to bite her with its big mouth.

The second tried to attack Celestia via a side manoeuvre, trying to catch her off guard.

While the third one dove back underground and was moving its way under the Alicorns in circles, and it would try to attack via underground whenever it decided it would be the best moment.

Everyone else in the third group was cautious, some of the people were glancing around with fear, while others tried to somewhat distract the 2 other worm creatures.

One of the more braver people had drawn his weapon, which happenend to be some sort of makeshift spear.

"Come at me, ugly creature! I will take you on!" The person shouted to one of the creatures who was towering above him. But unfortunately... the 5th one had been crawling underground as well...

"What are you wai-" The person got attacked midsentence by the 5th creature, as the creature had killed the person with one strong bite, it had been rather easy because the mouth's of these creatures were only a bit bigger than that one victim who had been just devoured.

Jack himself did not know what to do, he was both beyond scared and had not even the slightest clue what he was going to do againts such things that could where using the sand as their personal aquarium.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

Celestia and Luna instantly knew what was happening, both reacted to the situation differently

Luna reacted offensively and attacked the nearest worm, firing down its throat with her gun and flying out of the way of its vicious bite. "Watch out they're burrowers! Keep moving and they can't get you!"

Celestia heard luna shout to watch out and she saw the worm, She teleported out of its way, not by much, she stabbed her halberd into its side and it dragged a bit before catching. No doubt that the slice was lethal Celestia took her weapon out of the worm and broke into a sprint "On it Luna!"

Evelyn  didn't know how to react except to follow Luna's lead and take to the sky where it would be harder for them to get attack "You got any ideas? I'm fresh out for this one..."

• Brohoof 1

The first one who had tried to attack to attack Luna staggered back a bit from the gunshot, and when it noticed that Luna had flown out of the way, the creature decided to quickly burrow in the ground again, preparing for another attack.

The second one roared in agony as Celestia's halberd damaged the creature, the stab itself was pretty painful, that was something the creature could wether somewhat, but it was the moment that the halberd started getting dragged through its flesh, it was one thing that would hurt any creature if a weapon would be grinding through its flesh with such momentum.

The creature itself was lucky that it didn't organs like other creatures did due to it being a worm.

The second creature didn't really bleed, but rather had a nasty deep cut in its body, and slowed the creature down.

Also the 4th and 5th creatures noticed what happened to their fellow friend and decided to focus their attention on the 4 fighters rather than the other civilians who wouldn't be capable of doing that much other than a distraction and do slight damage with their weapons, wich only a few of the civilians even had proper weapons.

But while this was going on, the 3rd creature had been underground this entire time... and it went straight for Celestia because while she was running, the 3rd creature had been able to catch up to her via tunnelling underground while she herself had been focused on the second creature.

The third creature shot out of the ground in front of Celestia while she had been running  and smacked her away with the side of its head, which the creature had been using the momentum of tunnelling upwards to increase the impact of the headbutt itself, and while it didn't do any sort of devastating damage, it did have alot of force in the impact itself, similar to doing a bodyslam to someone.

"Celestia had mentioned running, which is a good idea, but we won't really be able to attack back during that, we should perform hit and run attacks, we can't perform outright attacks on these things that are capable retreating back into the ground so fast, I think when one person is being chased by one of the creatures, the other person should engage the creature with a fast attack and retreat quickly.  Just constantly attack the creature when you have not targeted yourself, if we keep doing that in a cycle we can overcome them, we might have a proper chance then!" Jack called out to the 3 of them

He laid down on the saddle with his belly and held on tight to Evelyn, as he was certain these creatures would try something desperate if they were starting to lose, which could involve attacking Jack or any of the other citizen.

Luna charged a magic blast and used the energy to fire a beam into the sand it was focused so it would cut into it... but not very far. "Come... Out... and... FIGHT!" *She kept firing beams into the ground trying to hit it she fired one beam at random into the ground. She saw the ones attacking the civilians and she fired several beams in rapid succession at them trying to help them fight

Celestia got blown back by the headbutt, rolling when she crashed into the ground "Grr... That... hurt. I'm not going to be beat by worms!" She roared bringing up her weapon, she drove it into the ground concentrating the sand into what was almost a hard surface, it was still sand but much more dense. She waited for a worm to crash into it.

Evelyn kept scanning the field closely "This really isn't good... I like your idea but I'm stuck thinking about the bad stuff that could happen... What if I'm caught off-guard and you get hurt due to it... or maybe something worse... I'll try to strike. My goal is to keep you safe any magic you got to help?"

• Brohoof 1

The first creature got hit by Luna's first beam, it hit the creature in the backend, near its tail, not only did it damage the creature, but it left for an interesting outcome. Due to being hurt, the worm wasn't focusing on where it was going and went straight into Celestia's halberd. Taking this much damage caused the creature stop moving for a while.

It became apparent to those who where fighting that these worms actually had a notable weakness, since they didn't have eyes, they had to rely on their instincts and other things like smell and feeling, but during the moment they get damaged greatly and experience a good deal of pain, they lose their focus, often resulting in an underground retreat or blind attacks in a desperate attempt to hit their enemies.

The second creature was still above the ground and tried to crawl back into the ground, but it was slow in its progress and was still above ground.

While the third creature tried something different. this time it burrowed itself into the ground straight down with a great amount of speed, and then went upwards, and managed to propel itself into the sky, while it couldn't fly, it had used the momentum of the underground launch to itself straight into the air, and was trying to attack Evelyn and Jack.

"I might have an idea, though we have to make this work fast. If you could hold me in your claws tightly and keep me as close to you as possible, then I should be protected by the shield, tough i have got to make sure my arms, legs and tail don't stick out, then I should be good, and can always use my magic to strengthen the shield like I had told you before.

Then we can try multiple things, if you have happened to bring some bombs with you, I could hold those and drop them in the mouths of these creatures when you happen to be near them, or... we could do fast straving runs, tough ice breath might not be a good idea, in the desert it will meld way to fast for it to have any proper effect on these creatures, and then comes the matter with-" Jack suddenly got interrupted by the creature who had propelled himself into the air was heading straight for them.

'Those things are capable of propelling themselves like this?! O gosh, this is bad!' Jack thought to Evelyn with extreme worry and also a hint of fear, as he did not know what to do, not that he could do much except as he was right now.

The 4th and 5th creatures both quickly dug underground, and were trying to evade Luna's beams that she was firing in the ground.     At one point they were trying to both attack Luna at the same time, both from opposite directions as they would try to bite her the moment they would emerge. 

Luna kept angrily firing into the ground. It was obvious that she was angry at them, the strength of the magic. It was blowing away the sand with each shot. She wasn't using the pistol much, she didn't really think to do so more than she wanted too.

Celestia wasn't faring much better she was going to have to fend them off half-trying until she got her breath back. It was gonna be a rough bout. She braced herself ready for more to head after her.

Evelyn moved upward as soon as she saw the worm emerge "Gah... You're right... I think the shield thing is too risky... we should just stay up here... away from the battle. I do have an idea... Bombs." She pulled a few out of a pouch in her armor. She then lowered herself waiting for the next one.

• Brohoof 1

The first creature was badly wounded and was trying to escape via underground, but meanwhile, the second creature had managed to dig underground since no one had tried to attack that one, and was also trying to escape via underground, seeing as the first and second creatures couldn't do a whole lot as they currently where wounded to a good extent, but those 2 where also the more hesitant of the bunch.

However, the third creature was attempting to launch itself into the air, when it had missed Evelyn, it tried again by using the momentum of falling down into the ground to increase its turn speed and launch itself even higher up than before, trying to bite Evelyn again.

During all of this, the first creature got hit by one of Luna's beams, and surprisingly, this time the creature no longer moved, it was death.....

Seeing that his comrade had died, the second creature emerge from the ground with a roar and tried to attack Luna with the fastest speed that it could currently muster, which was only slightly faster than its normal speed due to its wounds.

The 4th and 5th were trying to attack Celestia at the same time, the 4th one emerging from the ground in front of her, and when it was about to attack, a harpoon suddenly went straight into its body, causing the creature to grunt in pain.

It was Edgar who had fired the harpoon in an attempt to help Celestia and had tied the harpoon rope to a big rock, making sure the creature would not escape.

"Attack it fast!" He called out to her.

But then the 5th creature had emerged from the ground and had almost bitten him to pieces if Edgar hadn't jumped out of the way at the last moment.

"Bollocks!" Edgar shouted as he quickly got up and started running from away from the creature, who was now trying to catch him like a snake would when trying to catch its prey.

Evelyn threw the bomb into the mouth of the worm creature and flew away from it as quickly as she could She'd gotten so high Jack could feel the air pressure decrease it was colder up there. "Ugh... I wish I could just set you on a cloud and keep fighting... But Oh well I can't... I'll just keep you safe. But my, it feels nice up here doesn't it?"

Celestia drew her weapon back "Use this if you can! *She tossed the halberd at Edgar it landed a ways off from him. She faced the harpooned one and used magic to do a sword-esq slash with her horn at the harpooned one. It was a potent Magic so it would cut deep and Clean.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The third creature had gotten the bomb in his mouth and automatically swallowed it, and when it was falling down again, it dived back into the ground, or atleast it tried... before its insides where blown apart by the bomb itself, killing the creature, because despite being a worm, even such a creature could not survive that kind of attack.

Jack looked down for a moment when he heard the explosion, but he could see only a minuscule dot from where he was.

"Yeah, it feels pretty cold up here, but that works great after being in this hot desert for so long," Jack admitted as he gave a sigh of relief that they where far removed from those worm creatures. "But hey, Celestia and Luna got it all under control, from what I have read they fought againts the spirit of chaos and some powerful king named Sombra, who both happenend to be around the top 5 strongest opponents that Equestria apparently had faced before. A doubt some wildlife could compete with what they are capable of, not to mention what we are all capable off really." Jack said with a chuckle. "Besides, would it really be fun to fight againts enemies that constantly retreat back underground? If I would have been you I wouldn't really be excited to fight such opponents, especially if they are massive worms." He admitted with a chuckle.

Edgard blinked with a hint of surprise when Celestia had offered him her halberd since he was not used to fighting with such weapons, perhaps long stick or salvageable weaponry sure, but a halberd crafted from this calibre? It was something entirely new for him, and so he had to improvise a bit.

He slashed with the axe part of the halberd at the creature, but as expected it didn't do alot of damage, the weapon itself was very strong, but Edgard didn't have that much physical power compared to most soldiers and survivors, he was not a warrior after all.

The creature lashed out and tried to bite him, but Edgard quickly stabbed in the creature's mouth who had it now wide open and could not close it due to the halberd still being in it.

He then turned his head towards his pal "Harry! Throw that fuel canister inside the creatures would you?" Edgard called out to his friend.

"But we went all the way for-"

"It doesn't matter, we can always get a new one, our lives are more important than a bit of fuel!"  Edgard retorted back as he started to struggle.

His friend no longer hesitated and threw the fuel canister inside the creature's mouth with a long and far swing.

"Well my worm friend, it seems this is where we depart," Edgard said to the worm in a humoristic manner, his accent sounded a bit like a British accent would.

He then drew his pistol from his bandolier with his left hand while with his right hand he still kept the halberd in place.

Edgard then shot the fuel canister itself, and it exploded inside the creature's mouth, while at the same time the worm started to burn from the inside due to the flames that were created from the fuel canister explosion, killing it after about a minute.

Tough Edgard himself got blown back a bit, but luckily uninjured, and sighed in relief.

The harpooned creature roared in the loudest volume it could muster when Celestia's attack cut deep into its body, and this was the finishing blow, after all the damage the creature had taken before, and because of the fact it had been trapped by the harpoon, it eventually stopped moving, which was an indicator that it had died.

Edgard inspected the halberd a bit and whistled with great interested.

"Good lord, around all these area's everyone, is using mostly salvaged and rather non-durable melee weaponry, yet out of nowhere someone comes along and brings such a masterpiece into the battlefield, not something I would have expected," Edgar muttered with astonishment.

"Thanks for that, not sure how I would have been able to go face to face againts a leech without your help at that moment."   Edgar said to Celestia with a smile as he walked over to her and handed her back her halberd. "Or rather I should be thanking all 3 of you, normally we tend to run away from leeches, yet here you guys are going toe to toe againts them! That surely is unmatched bravery I must say.."

"Tough is it true that you guys are participating in the attack on Gerolenstein? It surprises me that anyone has been willing to mount an attack on that place after the long years of struggle, but especially for the fact that outsiders are even willing to aid us in such an endeavour. Is there a reason for all of your participation in this? Surely it must be something more then revenge or liberation?" Edgard asked Celestia with interest.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

The battle had worn on Celestia and Luna, They both had every reason to be but they where both going to regain strength quickly thanks to being immortal. "We're here for... Different reasons. I'd rather not go into detail on that now. When we get out of that center I will let you know everything. For now let's reprise."

Luna landed and laughed "That was awesome! There goes that boredom!" She continued her laughter pleased.

Evelyn landed next to her. "Oof... It's hot down here. I kinda wanna stay above the clouds... But I can't fly forever. Everything seems clear So We're breaking. You want down JAck? I imagine that that saddle is rough."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Hmm, fair enough. Though I am not sure if we will meet again after that, I and my friend Harry over there have been travelling with this travelling army for a specific reason, the directions where you guys are heading towards is close to our destination.  I and Harry are heading back to one of the Talorian refugee camps." Edgard said back.

"Come to think of it... Why hasn't Karthspire told any of us that he was going to meet up with the Talorian commanders? Normally he would have told us all, but in this case, he hasn't even told us before what he was going to do before, that was until I overheard him talking with one of his most high ranking officers, I couldn't get much out of it other then the fact that he was personally going to approach the Talorian commanders about something specific, and i could here genuine worry in his voice. I bet he isn't telling everyone the complete situation and decided to not tell us everything about it, I think something bad if he goes so far to hide it from others in the first place." Edgar admitted.   This piece of information would be valuable to everyone, but especially to Evelyn, who was part of Karthspire's army.

He then looked at Luna, Celestia and Jack. "I think the 3 of you apart from Evelyn, who everybody us already know, do not know what the Talorian is ey?" He asked them. "The Talorian is just like Karthspire's army a massive resistance group, though it acts in different regards, where his army is mostly filled with the natives of this planet and lots of outsiders, the Talorian resemblances the remnants of people all over the universe, mostly from now occupied planets under Valtrek's rule. I guess you could say all of them are survivors at heart. Tough compared to Karthspire's more civilian based community,  the Talorian is comprised of purely militaristic groups, one of their scientists have been trying to find a cure for the virus for a pretty long time, I think for around a good 43 years? Longer then most other people have, which goes give some good promise in that." Edgar explained.

Jack was thinking for a moment before he answered.

"You are kinda right about the saddle becoming a little rough at the moment, though I am not sure where else I can sit, I guess sitting on the sand for a moment is possible, but after seeing those things crawl out of it... I am starting to have second  doubts, could I perhaps sit on the back of someone else if we start to travel again perhaps?" Jack asked to Everybody.

He did smile about Luna's amusement, from what he had seen, she had been fighting really hard, which must be rather relieving for her.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

Celestia nodded "Well... Thanks for the explanation. We are still kinda new to this whole... Other planets thing as a whole. You're the first to just offer an explanation to us. Oh and I owe you something for saving me back there." Celestia had an ornate knife, it was master crafted, almost the length of her weapon's spearhead. and she kept it in her armor as a backup. "Take this. I don't use it too much anyways."

Luna made a snarky remark "That's because you keep forgetting it's there." Celestia hit her with a hoof

"I have my reasons to forget it. It's just... Not very practical most of the time so I have no reason..." Celestia said scrunching her face

Evelyn flew over to a big rock nearby and set JAck down. Sitting next to him. "How's your whole... Recovery, going? I can tell not well but you'll be walking again at some point right... I'm really starting to lose hope... It's just getting harder and harder. Please tell me something... You know... Good."

• Brohoof 1