Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

The soldier looked a bit perplexed at Maple. "are you not aware of what type of person he is?" The soldier asked.

"You mean that stupid rumour that everyone seems to blindly follow? This girl right here is nonsense-proof, so you had better come with a more valid argument." Kiran said with a smirk.

Ignoring Kiran's remark, he lowered his weapon and looked at Maple with a look of disapproval. "You do realise he is doing this for his own gain? He just wants you to get dragged into his problems so that you can solve those for him, that is how he acts." The soldier said to Maple.

"You mean the very thing that you have been doing to her and her friends? Pretty sure they have been dragged into a place that they had never been willing to go to before until things had already happenend.  You are not one to talk here Little Jimmy." Kiran remarked.

The soldier gripped his gun tightly in anger, before giving a deep sigh. "Then go, get out of here and never show your treacherous face here ever again." The soldier said to Kiran with a glare.

"Gladly, but I think you owe this girl here an apology, she used the very brains that you didn't have," Kiran said, he silently slipped a note into Maple's tail, which went unnoticed.

He then walked up to the soldier and spat him in the face. "Next time it will be me who will be holding you at gunpoint." He said to the Soldier, before quickly taking off into the distance,  having left.

"Everyone, come, we are regrouping with at the designated location, it will take atleast a day, but that is the place where the other groups will be gathering at." Somebody called out, as they were going to regroup with the other groups.

Maple continued to stand between Kiran and the soldier as Kiran left "Look... I don't care what you say. When someone saves your life you owe them something... that applies to you too!" Maple had felt Kiran place the note. She waited until the random soldier was out of distance and read the note, While heading to regroup with the others.

Ember and Festus chattered about the mech situation. Festus saying "I feel keeping something like that around would've been much better for us... but it's already blown up... so whatever." 

Ember shook her head at his crazy idea "Well... None of us know how to pilot it or use its weapons... So it's just a hunk of metal to us... Plus the enemy could steal it and use it against us if it still operates. Destroying it was a  good call in my eyes."

• Brohoof 1

I hate to leave so suddenly, but you know how much these guys hate me.

In any case, you wanted me to prove my worth, but I have been secretly training you during this entire time,  not in the fashion of blades and combat, but in something far more useful given that you guys are new to this place.

Just take a wild guess what kind of training this has been,  but all the combat stuff will come later on when you have your new body that is, for now, pretend that you didn't read any of this.

Greetings from, you know who.

Was written in the letter, as it was already apparent who it was written by.

When everyone had regrouped, they started to head out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in Equestria,  Caerson was inside one of the castle chambers, lost in very deep thought as he looked at the blood that had ended up on the floor, it was the place where that corpse had been chained up.

Caerson gave a deep sigh, as he couldn't help but think something was not right.

Treasured approached Caerson, "She escaped... There was nothing I could've done to stop her. I'm sorry, all the work you did... well it doesn't matter... We need to make more progress... How would you suppose we do that?" He tapped his hoof angrily, The power core in his chest humming quietly Caerson hadn't noticed it glow yet, it wasn't as strong as Maple's core, but it didn't need to be since the majority of his body was still pony only his chest to his wings wasn't.

Graystone, Who was usually around his intellectual equal chimed in at this moment meeting the pony he worked for in the eyes, "Well, We'll need to either find her or another specimen for us to study... I cannot believe she managed to escape... No matter. We'll have to wait. Crystal, Can you go check Zecora's progress... I've yet to do so recently " they seemed to exchange something mentally before Treasured starts to walk away.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"You won't be finding another specimen, at least not in Equestria.  The other corpses we had found didn't have the same effect that the girl had." *Caerson mentioned to them
"Where the others stayed death, she got resurrected, now that is the case with all infected victims, but here is the intriguing part...   She had regained her sentience, and all her former memories, something that is not possible for anyone who died when they were infected."

"Whats more, she displayed powers that she isn't supposed to have,   she managed to survive straight impalement, regenerate her body out of nothingness, and then all that chanting... Only those who have become part of the Murani Kalisis, or more commonly known as the Blood Cult  are capable of wielding these powers."

"But it looks like the infection had fused with something together, which I can only assume that the other thing was the same type of energies that the Blood Cult utilizes when they convert their victims into their clans."

"In other words, she became one of the Unborn, I don't know much about the Unborn, but I did hear legends about it, that they are the gateway between our realm and the void.  I heard that legend from an old friend of mine."

Caerson then went into deep thought before speaking again.

"You know, she could very well be the cure for the virus, it is not just her current status within her body, but those powers, I don't know much about them, but what I do know is that this power they utilize is capable of doing things that we couldn't do in our own reality.      You see,  a person that hasn't been converted by the energies cannot use those powers, but...   She isn't entirely converted to those powers, but more like a... Hybrid.    She could perhaps use her own powers to create a sample of her own blood without those energies changing its properties." Caerson speculated out loud.

"But this is all just mere speculation of mine, because like I said, I am not an expert when it comes to the powers that she has.   But I do know something.. Twilight still has my old schematics, I will need them.." Caerson said as he grabbed a radio and started talking to Twilight.
+Twi, are you there? I need your help with something, could you grab the old schematics of my drones and come over here? I have a plan, which involves a certain spell that you had told me about before.+  Caerson asked her through the radio.

+Because know how much you love experiments.+ He said in a bit of a teasing tone.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"I!... I see" Graystone thought about everything he said... Considering. "The cure for the Virus.... is that girl with her powers? You saw how unstable she was while we examined her... we both knew she was going to escape... and it was only a matter of time. The guard... as much as I dislike saying it is incompetent." He spoke under his breath "The fact she bested Treasured still amazes me..." He speaks at a normal volume "Regardless I need samples of her flesh... and Energy which Treasured has ways of gathering. If we can find her... I can do my work."

+I'll be right there... I'm kinda busy with something else, however. Friendship problems... But more than just friendships. Loss and hardships would be more accurate. I never thought I would have to deal with it... I only read about it... Just give me some time and I'll be there. Alright?+ She sounded gloomy as she spoke calmly. She wasn't liking the direction everything's been going. He could tell perhaps it was becoming too much a weight to the princess.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

+Very well Twilight, take your time.+ Caerson said back through the radio, he felt bad for Twilight but knew he couldn't do much about it right now, that is how life would become for them.

'I have been used to type of stuff ever since I started to become a soldier, but them?  I am not sure if they have suffered this level of tragedy before.      This tragedy has been taking hold of everyone's lives out there,  for the people here it was just a matter of time before it happenend, they wouldn't be safe forever, but sure had a long time of remaining hidden.' Caerson thought with a sigh.

He then looked at Graystone.

"The reason she is unstable is not even entirely because of her current condition, but it is because of those powers she now has,    it has been said that these powers can overwrite things that we couldn't overwrite by the normal standards that our laws of physics allow, which makes sense since those powers where never supposed to be among us in the first place."

"But finding her is going to be incredibly hard,  her current powers might be undetectable because of the fact that it cannot be considered magic.    Tough her unicorn magic? Perhaps...   But even that magic signal might be completely overshadowed by the powers that are slowly taking a hold of her."

"However, I can somewhat share your oppinion on the Guard, but  not in the same fashion,   it is only since late that they have been deployed to their fullest extent I presume,  from what I heard of Twilight and her Friends doing in the past,  The Royal Guard has been mostly held stationary, during those times.         Which does make them less experienced compared to when they are in the thick of battle on a weekly basis."  Caerson admitted.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"Well... Regardless... If we don't find her she poses a threat should she decide she's sick of us and this planet... with powers like that... Ugh... It's just odd knowing there are things she can do well beyond my comprehension of magic!" Graystone stomped a hoof and sighed "All I can do is try to find out more and more about it... But that's hard without a specimen." He started to pace around the room "Tracing something like that based on the hint of unicorn magic she uses to activate it is possible... Near impossible... but we can do it... Have any big ideas?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"If it makes you feel more at ease, the girl seemed to struggle with using her powers to a proper extent.  A friend once told me about these powers, that unlike magic, these are truly fascinating, but also incredibly complicated."

"Twilight had once told me that someone named Starlight had travelled back in time using starswirl's spell,   and she accomplished that massive feed of that level with just a spell.          But from what I can imagine magic still applies to our laws and physics,    which meant that she would still be bound by the limitations of our own universe."

"But from what he told me, these powers are not magic,   but rather a stream of reality like he called it, part of a massive entity.     Time travel with these powers would be possible, and could do extraordinary things that magic might not be able to achieve in the end,   but...    It requires knowledge,     knowledge of how time flows itself.      It would like trying to create a star from monocules,  needing to the placement of every single monocule in order to achieve the creation of the star.    It is like...  A giant puzzle and the puzzle pieces are scattered and try to actively get away from you."

"That is what he told me when I asked him to explain these powers, they are a mystery for sure,  so I can safely assume that the girl doesn't know how to use any of these powers to a proper extent unless somebody were to teach her that is.  And from what I remember... She wasn't actively trying to kill us, or atleast not when Shining Armour was keeping her locked up.    She claimed that she wants to save all of you,  but her explanation was rather vague and perhaps not genuine... Something about a person manipulating things,  a meteor,  it doesn't really add up for my opinion."  Caerson explained.

"However..."  Caerson said as he started pacing around.

"The chance that we can find her won't be so easy I am afraid,  first I need to know what forces we have available, or rather... Wich allies we currently have, because we might need to make search parties in order to find her.

"Do you know what allies we currently have? It is imperative I know, the more we stand idly by the further she will be going away from us." Caerson said with urgency.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"Regardless of her intention, she will need supervision." Graystone argued "We can't let someone THAT strong wander around doing whatever in Tartarus they... Regardless of how much they claim to want to... "Help" us... No." Graystone looked meeting the eyes of the engineer. "We have the armies of the Dragons, Griffons, And more recently hippogriffs thanks to Cadence's efforts... That's not a lot of ground we are capable of covering... The "wonderbolts" would be our best bet for a search party." He sighs... stopping his pacing. "Alright... So are we in agreement on this? We find the girl?"

• Brohoof 1

Caerson gave a nod. "Yes, finding her should definitely happen, but what we will do with her afterwards should be decided by the leading staff of Canterlot, since they will be the one holding her in custody," Caerson mentioned.

"But you are correct about the ground covering part... What about the Changelings? Was Thorax not the ruler of these reformed Changelings?  I had met him in the Crystal Empire a while ago.   Tough Speaking of Wich... what about Chrysalis? It has been said she had aided you all before,   though I am not sure what has happenend of her. Haven't met her personally." Caerson said as he walked over the to the table and started inspecting the map.

"But where she would go would be very hard to guess, we don't know her true intentions..." Caerson said with a sigh.

"Follow the trail of change that she leaves with her every step,  she is not aware of how to use her powers properly, but she does not sit idle to use them regardless...  Head my warnings, for she will not the same mare that you had seen  for long." A very familiar voice suddenly spoke out, which seemed to come from a Crystal stone that was lying on one of the tables.

Wich happenend to be Meriel.

"To be honest. Treasured won't tell me what happened to her... I think she might have... ahem, been infected... Or Maybe She's dead... I just don't really know... Thorax is with us, however, I know that. His forces... if you can call them that. They're... Moral support. So there's a reason I left them out..." He was visibly intrigued when the voice came through the crystal "I'm going to send Treasured after her again... If he needs backup I'll try to-." HE was interrupted

"You'll try to what, Graystone?" Twilight was at the door. A mix of upset and anger. "Listen he shouldn't go alone... he's at too much of a risk. I'll go with him if I need to. No waiting for him to get in trouble first. So Find him a partner or I WILL GO." She stomped a hoof. She wasn't truly mad at him... she just didn't want to lose anyone else... not even the ex-villains. "Caerson... Did you need me?"

• Brohoof 1

Caerson was a bit surprised at Twilight's sudden entrance, but at the same time he couldn't help but smile at it, since he knew Twilight was a person of reason, and this moment truly showed that.

"Twilight, it is good that you have come, I need your help with something," Caerson asked Twilight as he walked over to her.

"Do you remember the schematics of that spaceship we had over at Canterlot? That one spaceship wich Flurryheart had... entered? Well, I was planning on creating another ship, using one of the enemy dropships that we have had found before.    I will need one since once it is completed, I am heading over to another planet for a while in order to  warn my brethren, or more importantly, ask for aid, I feel that we might hold on like this at it is." Caerson admitted with shame.

"Will you help me build it? Finding that girl is our main priority, but in the time where we have to sit idly by, we might as well work on that ship." Caerson asked Twilight.

He then turned to Graystone. "I wanted to ask you if you could help us build it as well,   Equestria will need all the help it can at this point, and... I know someone who would provide us proper help,"  Caerson asked him.

"I will go with him."  Offered Meriel.

"Tell him to take my stone with him, and I will guide him to her, for do not be deceived of my current status,  my magical abilities are far more potent then one could assume."

"Without me, he will walk himself into a trap, for the whispers of the SoulShaper are not yet gone." She warned

Graystone went over to the Crystal. "Well... Alright, you can go with him... He does like Crystals. So a talking one would be a great ally for him... I'll take you to him." After he mentioned he looked a Cearson. "Don't worry... I'll help you with that... Sounds like a challenge." Graystone touched something on his chest and it started to glow. "Treasured, Sir... Meet me again please." He pressed it again and it went off.

"I'm with you on that. Plus any help we can get... I'm sure it will be helpful. As long as you promise that... they won't have a problem with... well our kinds distrust for anything... Beyond Equestria to put it to a broad term." Twilight had a point... After the Infestation, they had every reason to be scared of things they didn't know. "We can build it though... If you have plans for a "Dropship"... I'll get the Spaceship plans!"

• Brohoof 1

Caerson gave a nod to Twilight "I can't say for sure if I can promise on that one entirely since I cannot speak for one's actions like that, but I am certain that they won't have a problem with, though the only thing that they might ask of you all is military assistance, we are only speaking in terms of assistance like  a joined forces operation, anything around that area." Caerson said.

"Just don't worry about that too much alright?  I once used to be one of them so I can speak from experience." Caerson said with a wink.

"Tough getting to them is going to take long, perhaps around 2 months or so in terms of travel time, since they are at the other side of our galaxy...  We will see how things play out."

He then paused for a moment.

"Twilight, I need to tell you something,  something I don't trust anybody else with," Caerson said as he took her out of the room for a moment, heading towards one of the empty castle doors, closing the door behind him.

"Listen, I know you are definitely not wanting to hear this but...  I might not be around for long, and I am not talking about simply being away, but I mean being dead." Caerson said with shame.

"When I made that one cure that I had injected Zecora with, I had made a fatal mistake, creating a chain of events that would destroy countless of lives...  You remember the curse from that boy... Jack was his name I believe,  but more, in particular, that creature,   that massive creature that emerged from his body.   The fact that this creature even existed was... My fault..."

"But it was not just him who had gotten that curse,  5 others,  but what I am trying to say, it was no curse... It is a genetic implant, the essence of an extinct species,  the fact that this essence even existed was because of me...    When I implanted the cure into the body of my friend   he started to change, but he became..." Caerson said, but then stopped.

He did not know how to finish his next sentence, instead deciding to get straight to the point.

"What I am trying to say is... My fate might eventually be sealed once the creature wants to take care of his... creator..." Caerson said, putting a big emphasis on the word creator, as he was clearly referring to himself.

"In order to keep you all safe I will be heading back to my brethren, and after that I will be taking a death oath, to give my end a proper purpose, since they will need me one last time... So I what I wanted to ask you Twilight,  once I am gone for good, I want you to continue your research here..   And give this planet a proper future." Caerson told her, with an expression full of shame and sorrow.

"I trusted you with this because not only are you the most intelligent person around but also my closest friend, what kind of friend would I be if I kept this a secret?"

After all this new information... Twilight took with... a hint of a smile "Right... I understand what you did... Maybe your intentions weren't... Too pure however you're owning up to it... If it helps any, WE did manage to get rid of the one in Jack. Completely destroying it." Her smile faded, into a distraught look. "I know that doesn't stop the others and without Fluttershy... We can't use the elements again." She sighed "Let's get to work alright? I know its hard to bear, But let's just make the last while we have memorable alright?"

• Brohoof 1

Caerson looked at Twilight, sorrow in his eyes.

"Twilight i...  Wait...  You mentioned that the creature was completely destroyed, but if that where the case, all the infected would have gone into disarray on this planet, yet with the last battle we had with them on that town, it was proven otherwise." Caerson said grimly.

"It is still alive...  But not here, if it where still in Equestria, it would have made itself already apparent to us,    it must have had escaped, that much I know." He said as he started pacing around.

He then realised something.

"You remember this one person being here? From what I heard it was someone named Karliah, an assassin who was abducting ponies in order to get fresh DNA samples.  That is what I heard from some of the royal guard ponies,      it could have very well been that she has covered the creatures escape."

"Do you know happen to know this Karliah person? The name does ring some bells in me, but not entirely at the same time." Caerson asked Twilight.

"Well... I'm too familiar... I didn't do much at the start personally. Only when it was really brought to my attention." Twilight watched him as he paced around the room "I think I remember a few things about her... Why in particular do you bring this up?"

----------------------------------------------------------------
Graystone looked at the crystal "Ok... So. Real talk with me for a moment... What are you?" He asked as he continued to wander around looking for Treasured and Zecora "No offense or anything but you kinda scare me... You seem very powerful... from what I can read off your magic."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Well... What if I were to tell you that she could have very well taken the creature with her and brought it back to life?  One thing you should about this creature that was born from that curse is that it is while it is organic, it is not entirely the same as you and me, but more a form of bio-organic and other things."

"Bringing it back to life should have been possible for her to do, given her infamous reputation for disturbing scientistic experiments," Caerson noted.

"After all... Wasn't she the one who was fueling the creature in order to boost its transformation?  Put the puzzle pieces in this matter together Twilight, and think deeper about this."

"They didn't kill it,   because if it had been dead, the infected on Equestria would have been thrown into massive disarray, yet they haven't,   or atleast, I presume they wounded it to the point of near death but didn't finish it off completely..."  Caerson said with a sigh.

"You can expect many lives are going to be destroyed at whatever place this creature might be at now.."

------------------------------------------------------

"I am an Eldritch,  the same race as that boy that your leader had tried to capture before as part of a bargain."

"But my mortal body has passed away long before most of your generation was born, a couple hundred years ago,  back when I was a Magister, tasked to identify disturbances via my visions."

"Now I am confined to this stone, that keeps my soul intact, protecting it from the foul powers that the reborn girl showcased.    But your leader took a desperate gamble back there,   had the girl been aware of what her powers truly are meant for, she would have been able to outsmart him and turn the tables using the advantage of exploiting one's weakness."   Meriel said.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"Well... Why aren't we trying to find something to kill it completely. It seems we're missing out on a huge opportunity." Twilight gasps "I mean... Then we can finally get rid of them all. And YOU made it so you know how we can beat it right? I mean... Together we surely can do this... Right? I mean... It's not like it's unbeatable right?" She said hope in her eyes as she started to feel there's a good chance now.
------------------------------------------

"Wow! Ok, that's... I'm glad you're going with her 'Hunter' now... Maybe you can help him in ways I, Or anyone else could not. I have faith in him." Treasured runs into actually

"Are you talking to a rock Graystone? Oh, wait you're the spirit." He says after "Why did you need me, Gray?"

"Oh right... Well you and her will be heading to find the girl who escaped. She'll be a backup for you and give advice but she won't get in the way." Graystone handed him the stone that contained Meriel. "I know I can't order you... but I can tell you want revenge against that pony."

"Yea... you're right. Well, I'll get looking for her... you will keep me updated on back here right?"

"Of course and you will keep me up to date

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Caerson bit his lip, but then his expression changed again.

"It is a difficult thing Twilight, the infected creatures can be taken down, the infected semi-sentient soldiers and the other conversion strains can be taken down,  but these monsters that are born from the curse..." Caerson said before rubbing his face.

"You can kill them, yes, but we are talking about a ridiculous amount of power to take one of these down, about a 1000 man would be needed to take one down by what I can imagine, but even that might not be a guaranteed victory without massive casualties"

"We had faced off againts one in the past, but...   Dear me... They use these weird powers like telekinesis and telepathy,  but what is worse Twilight, these curse creatures are like hive minds, they can control any infected beings that are connected to their system.     Imagine what would happen to Equestria if one would be here right now?   We would have no chance of winning.." Caerson admitted with shame.

"But...  There is one other way to kill him, something I have known for a long time,  but it comes at a terrible price,   you see,   The Terran Prince which I had injected with that black stuff in order to save him, it had changed him, and in that sense...  He became the hive mind of these cursed creatures,   meaning if the Prince were to die,   these curse creatures would cease to exist."

"But his death would deal a blow to my race that we would never recover from since the Prince is venerated as a hero, is believed to be an answer to our problems,   which makes sense since he is the Grandson of Aliah...     One who carries over such a legacy is held in high esteem.    And I admit that I cannot bear to see him falter, not after everything he has been a trough, all the things he had sacrificed to save countless of lives...  All those lives saved at the cost of his own future..." Caerson said, as he then became silent and looked at the ground.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A revenge that is going to hold you in a grip of truth and pain.    Because there is somebody else waiting for you,  but not willing to play his cards just yet." Meriel said in a rather vague way.

"We should move, every second that she is free will mean another chance for her to regain her senses, something you CANNOT allow." She said, as the stone started glowing brighter and became hot,   for it was the fury burning inside Meriel herself that was causing it,  for she had a fierce hatred againts the powers that the Blood Cult utilizes.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"So... The answer to our problem... is seen as the answer to yours... So we can't kill him and solve the problems. This... I don't know what to do. I mean, it seems the only option we have is to take him down. Otherwise, It seems that we'll be endlessly and hopelessly outnumbered by these nightmares. You... agree right?" Twilight met his eyes, refusing to back down here "That's what our plan is then... Or will we have to argue if we should take him down or not... But I want to keep my people safe so you know what I want to do" She did seem to regret the idea even with the mention of getting rid of the infected...
------------------------------------------

"Don't worry, She won't get far... I'll make sure I get her this time..." Treasured took off like a jet, only just remembering to take the stone with him with his telekinetic magic. "I swear on it... once I do find her I'll take her powers away from her making sure that they'll never return this time!"

• Brohoof 1

"Twilight...."  Caerson said as he was a bit caught off-guard by her sudden suggestion.
" You are talking about the murder of an innocent man, a great hero at that...  Doing such an action would be downright barbaric...  Do you know what he did for us?"  Caerson said with asked with shock.

"You might not know of this yet, but he is the reason Equestria hasn't been destroyed yet, or any of our neighbouring allies, The Raukan, The Eldritch, any that are located in the sector of the galaxy that we live in.

I have known him personally, fought alongside him like a good friend, and I can tell you from personal experience, that my race would crumble without him,   no one can come close to the leadership and amount of inspiration of hope that he has been able to muster.      If he is gone... who will be keeping our enemies at bay?  Equestria has faced an invasion fleet,  but that one was not that big compared to what you will face once Valtrek decides to muster a full-scale assault on Equestria."  Caerson explained.

"Not to mention that...  Equestria would most likely have new enemies instead of allies once they realise that one of their biggest allies has been murdered by the very ally that they deemed to be a good hope.   Karthspire is not nearly the only person who will be furious...."

He then walked over to Twilight and put a hand on her back.

"Listen... You may not know him personally, but if you ever get to meet him,  you will understand why many see him as the hero that we need,  He has an extraordinary Charisma, imagine  if your old Mentor Celestia or your old friend Luna where to get murdered, the entire population would be devastated, and most likely go in denial and lose hope when  they realised that one of the leaders  of Equestria has managed to perish just like that."

"Just think about what such a death can do againts the population of the Terrans, which number in incredibly numbers...   You would be wishing the death of a race with this suggestion,  because without his leadership, who will ever be able to mount that same type of leadership that he has provided us with for 3 centuries?"

"Besides...  There is no real guarantee that the infected will really start to decay and starve out,  He is connected to them due to the monster that is trapped in his body,  but he is not the *true* hivemind, that Valtrek,    He is more like a....."  Caerson said as he didn't know how to word this one correctly.

"Let's just say that he is a type of prophet that could potentially be the answer to end this war for good, but at the same time being a....."  Caerson words died in his throat as he had a look of slight horror on his face thinking back, but he quickly hid that.

"Anyway.. just think about what I said, I need to go now.."  Caerson said as he quickly walked off, leaving Twilight to her thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Strong words, but in the end, we will have to justify those in actions." Meriel agreed.

"Now...   I am going to connect to your mind,  don't try to resist, else I might make an unfortunate mistake, which could damage your brain."  She warned as magic came from the Stone that connected itself to his mind.

At first, it would feel good but later would create a feeling that felt like a sense of insecurity.

"I am not fond of distributing my knowledge to those I do not deem trustworthy for it, but you shall suffice for now."  She told as the link grew stronger.

She then started to increase her magic drastically, which would result in a headache, from the sheer amount of magic that was forming from Treasured and Meriel.

"You shall see what I see, and you shall gain a vision of where she might be, but take this with scepticism, because these visions are clouded with mystery and uncertainty."

There was then a vision of woods, the Everfree forest,  but there was something off,  the animals and plants in the forest had started to change by some form of magic,        animals where turned into terrifying creatures, some growing 10 eyes or getting additional limbs, while others where fusing together to form even bigger monsters.

It was no longer the Everfree, but something you would see in a nightmare.

In the forest walked the Girl, a look of scepticism on her face, as if she was looking at someone, which turned out to be correct, as there was somebody else with her, but the other person seemed to not have a physical appearance, but was a bunch of purple mist, that seemed to communicate her via a strange form of telepathy but they where incredibly far off, not at a place that one would be able to remember from such a vision.

Then the vision was suddenly cut off as Meriel disconnected her magic from Treasured, creating a painful effect.

"I presume you saw that? Not only does the area around her seem to be cursed by her foul magic,  but she is NOT alone.  Tell me..."

"Who do you presume is with her? Think real good..."  She asked.

"Right... Sorry. Just hard to see him as innocent when he's partially involved in killing your entire race" Twi apologized about halfway into Caerson's near speech. After she, however, became suspicious and started to follow him, attempting to do so quietly to not upset him. She knew there was something else. Something possibly important that he wasn't telling her. She needed to know what it was, knowing well if she was caught then it could mean the end of their partnership and worse, their friendship.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Ugh... My head... Don't do stuff like that..." Treasured narrowly dodges a tower as he passes "Whoa! And that's why! Who's with her is none of my business, I'll take down the mare and when I do I'll take who's with her too if I need to. Don't try to get in my way either or I'll shatter you." He said as he turned himself to face everfree before continuing his rapid flight.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Caerson is walking through the castle, a glaring look in his eyes as he eventually reached the room where he makes his projects, and more importantly, keep his belongings.

He opened the door and then slammed it closed behind him,  walking over to one of the mirror's, and threw his cloak off, revealing his body.

Then He threw off the bionic in his left eye, revealing the burned part, the very eye that had been burned by Valtrek but had never healed, meaning he could no longer see through that one.
As he looked at his own reflection, his glaring eyes then turned to that into a mix of sorrow and shame.

"Old friend... What is happening to you? You carry the legacy of not just yourself, but billion's of lives, so why? Why do you keep accepting these abnormal changes to your body like they are a necessity? What are you trying to achieve Mick? You know the grim truth of what will happen to us yet you are withholding it,    tell me... Why are you still trying to save us after what we did?" He asked himself, as he clenched his right fist,  but then loosened.

He gave a deep sigh, obviously not comfortable with what he was thinking,  but he then remembered something.

"I can fix this yet... But I need to speak to Cadence fast...  Before it will too late.." He muttered to himself.   "But first...."  He walked over to the Radio and started working on the frequencies until he eventually found the channel.

"Anyone? I repeat Anyone? This is Mandrake Caerson, Former Chief Engineer of the 5th Thundershock Detachment, I require immediate contact with General Silver, could anyone grant me communication with him?" He asked through the radio with urgency.

"It has been a long time since I have heard that voice, far too long..." A voice said through the radio.

"Silver! I am glad to speak with you! But there is an urgency going on, I need to speak to... You know who!  Could you get him on the line?" Caerson asked with desperation.

"No can do,  we are facing a bit of a crisis at the moment, as he has to yet return with his retinue from a boarding attack,  give us a matter of 3 hours and I will have him on the line, however,  do not get your hopes up,    things might get delayed due to his circumstances."  The voice answered.

"Of course, I will tell you right away that we have new allies,  it turns out there are still alien empires out there than the one we already know,  so I wanted to prepare a meeting, a very important meeting," Caerson explained.

"We are already aware Caerson." The voice said, much to Caerson's surprise.

"You all are?  But surely such news couldn't have leaked all the way over there in such a short amount of time?" Caerson said with shock.

"Under normal circumstances that would the case,   but it looks like that some of those allies you mentioned have run into Valtrek himself quite some time ago,  our intel sure confirms that after we had discovered new sources of DNA implanted into the conversion centre codes." The voice explained back.

"That explains it... Anyway, I will be back on this radio channel within 3 hours, please do hurry, I have alot to discuss, not just with him, but the current council of our allies as well." Caerson said before turning the radio off.

He then walked out of the room, not noticing Twilight, who would have heard everything that point.

"Cadence! Where are you? We need to talk!" He called out through the castle.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus