Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

'I am fighting at the limit of my abilities here, yet there just too many!' he thought as he swiftly kicked one the creatures in the legs which made it fall down, following by a quick stab through its head.

He kept fighting and fighting, but as it progressed, his attacks were getting weaker and more sloppy by the seconds.

'Damn I can't keep this up! I can fight multiple ones, guess I was right about my body, I am not even full grown and yet here I am taking on an entire horde.'

"Maple, we need to get out of here, we can't stay here to fight the entire group, we have been alerting them them all with the fighting!" Jack said to her as he tried to stab one of the creatures, but his attack lacked the force, and just scratched past its body with a little cut.

• Brohoof 1

Maple wasn't slowing down she was used to this but she noticed Jack start to get tired. She heard him say that they should run, clipped her bow to her armor and nodded "Hold on tight then!". She picked him and dashed through the trees narrowly avoiding many of them. Once she got a good distance She flipped, keeping Jack above her as her back slid into the ground. "We..." She was panting, exhausted. "We should be ok for now."

• Brohoof 1

"Thanks for that." he said as he gave the spear back to her.

"There were so many there, those were not feral, this attack was redirected by a hive link, meaning a higher up part of the entire physic link was controlling their movements. But at the same time, we are extremely lucky that those were infected creatures not one of their soldiers, we would have been blown apart in that case." he said as he placed his hand over his wound.

"Where are the others at? Did they already go ahead?" he asked.

• Brohoof 1

"Yea." Maple said stretching after the impact. "You ok? That was a lot of enemies back there." She said as she started to head back to Ponyville. I should get mom and dad away from everfree I'm worried they're in danger where they are. "Say Jack theses things are probably still after us right?"

• Brohoof 1

"I can't really say  i am, i wen't over my limit, someone of my age shouldn't be fighting this severe, yet i am still doing it, but if i do this to much it might just cost my own body."

He then gave a sigh.

"Yes, they are defnitly after us, and considering this engagement, there will be reinforcements being sent after us, if i may say, i rather head to canterlot without any delay's, at this moment i am incapable of fighting atnother one of these battles." he said

• Brohoof 1

Maple didn't really have a choice then for her parents and Jack she had to stand against these monsters. "Go to my mother house JacK. If you remember it's on the edge of Ponyville..." She put her hoof on Jacks shoulder "Tell them to take you to canterlot and that The cottage isn't safe for them anymore They'll die if you don't do this Jack. I'll cover you as long as I can but if I think I'm going to die I'll have to get out of there. Go! Hurry!" She pushed him towards the town and turned around picking up her spear. Ready for the worst.

• Brohoof 1

Jack didn't like the idea of her doing this, but he carried his objective without a second doubt.

"You got it." he said with a nod and sprinted towards the edge.

'But what happened to the others? They must have already have gone ahead.' he thought as he sprinted towards the cottage.

He knocked on the door, a bit to hard perhaps, but he was so tense that he could not hold it back.

• Brohoof 1

Maple was trying to draw the beasts' attention away from ponyville She knew this was a stupid plan but it had to be done for now. "Hey! You ugly beasts I'm over here Come and get me!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy was heard from inside. "Oh Hello Jack. You where Knocking really loudly..." She saw the look oh his face. "Oh no is something wrong?"

• Brohoof 1

True to Maple's call, 37 infected creatures came charging towards her from hills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Something is really wrong, you guys need to evacuate all of Ponyville as fast as possible, there is no doubt this town will be overrun in few hours, perhaps days at most. But i need to reach Canterlot fast because i need to deliver news, its really urgent." he said in a worried tone.

• Brohoof 1

Maple saw them all approaching she turned and started running away from ponyville. "Come on this way you psychos."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy started to panic. "Oh no! My home, the animals... What happens to them."

Discord picked up fluttershy. "We need to listen to Jack and get the citizens and animals out of Ponyville." He snapped and a big bucket appeared with the animals near and in Fluttershys cottage inside it "I'll take the animals while you and Jack evacuate everpony else." Discord Put Fluttershy down and Picked up the bucket and started heading to canterlot.

Fluttershy moved out the door "Let's go warn the others."

• Brohoof 1

The creatures started chasing her like madman, at the moment their physic link was not apparent, meaning they were currently acting like most predators out there.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Fluttershy, it might be best if you warn them, i really need to head to Canterlot now in some way, i cannot spend any more time here." he said with an urgent tone

• Brohoof 1

Maple started using hit and run tactics attacking the creature in the front then running away quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"W... Wait. What if they don't believe me" Fluttershy said in more panic "Please! I need someone to help me. I... I mean of course what you have to do is probably really important but I want to help the citizens of ponyville."

• Brohoof 1

Jack had no idea what to do in this situation.

'Making decision's hard but this....  whole talking thing is something i cannot understand! What am i supposed to do?!' he thought with panic as he clutched his head.

"Listen, try to find someone you can trust here, and ask them for help, i am sorry but i do not know how to handle this." he said with a stressed tone as he ran ahead.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy realized that someone at least one of her friends would believe her. "Right I'll go do that." She nodded. She went to Sweet apple achres to ask Applejack for help.

When she arrived Applejack knew something was wrong since Fluttershy looked so worried "Something wrong sugercube?"

"Applejack!" She shouted "We need to evacuate ponyville something scary is heading this way quickly and everypony will believe you since you are the element of honesty they'll trust you."

"Alright. Lets go talk with mayor mare." Apple jack said hurrying to ponyville "She'll order that evacuation."

• Brohoof 1

Jack sighed.

"I am good at following organised plans, but it never really happens that I have to handle things that have to do with evacuation, there was always someone who would to that instead of me. And now I didn't even pre think how I am going to reach Canterlot, walking there is out of the question, way too far, and its on a mountain, just what am i gonna do here." he said to himself as he sat down on the ground.

"I always considered myself a follower, but not a leader in some ways, i guess i just have to sit down and wait for a miracle to happen, its the only thing i can do in dire situations like these."

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy and AppleJack had ran to the town hall and thankfully managed to convince Mayor mare to help them After the evacuation started fluttershy went to find Discord.

----------------------------------------------

Maple had taken down around 10 of the creatures before her Luck had run out she had been edged a few times by attacks but now one of them got her good they had left a pretty deep wound. "Gah!" She screamed "Alright that's enough for now. I can't die here Equestria needs me." She spread her wings and flew away.

• Brohoof 1

Jack looked at the other ponies, all preparing for the evacuation.

'Good, they are moving, at least the civilians are safe.'

'Tough i am not sure how it will play out for me, its perhaps not only the enemies that are closing in on us, but that thing in my body... something just feels off, and i just a strange feeling about this, yet i don't know what it is.' he tought.

• Brohoof 1

Maple quickly landed in Canterlot. Her adrenaline had kicked in and worn off. She ran to go warn the princesses only to find out that they where already aware of it. She saw the  bodies of two corrput soldiers and wondered if she had been infected. She wiped some blood off of her wound and examined it remembering what jack had said about it. It looked normal so she was no longer worried

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonshadow stood at the edge of the Changeling Castle. He was preparing himself for this now was the time. He undisguised himself and walked in. He approched the throne where chrysalis was.

Chrysalis Looked at the changling "Oh... You... I thought you where never coming back Moonshadow. Since you seem to have quite the relation to someone who would want to kill you."

Moonshadow flinched "I... I'm trying to prove to her that not all changelings are bad and you should too. There's something really bad happening in equestria and you need to help stop it."

"Need?" Chrysalis taunted. "Oh you don't understand if I don't then Equestria is mine with no opposition." She laughed

Moonshadow sighed "But then how do we get love from?"

"The enemy of my enemy isn't always my friend" Chrysalis said "Dishonesty, it's how we stay alive remember that."

• Brohoof 1

Jack had been following the travelling pony groups for quite a while, but he seemed a bit off, his eyes were bleaker than they used to be and the mark on his right arm had expanded, veins were coming from all sides of the mark.

"Damn, this taking forever, I am never going to make it at this rate." he said with a depressed tone as he leant against a tree. 

"But then again, how much time do i have left?" he said as he looked at his mark with a scowl.

"Perhaps i should turn around, i will never reach Canterlot at this rate." he said with a sigh and looked into the distance.

He laid his head against a tree and closed his eyes.

'Doesn't matter, i am so exhausted from today, can't do something that i am not capable of.' he tought to himself with dismay as he fell asleep.

• Brohoof 1

Moonshadow continued to plead with Chrysalis "You don't have to help them but these... Things... I've seen them They'll kill you even if you help them."

A voice was heard in the throne room. "So will Alicorns little one." A blue Unicorn with Metalic wings decended from a level above the throne room. "Why should those who have horns and wings be allowed such divine powers. They're nothing special I could learn to move the sun and moon myself. Equestria has no need for rulers only those who are willing to work to make it's glory a reality."

Moonshadow stared at the pony. "Who are you?"

"You will know who I am soon enough but I can't tell you now. Begone you traitor!" He warped the changeling away.

• Brohoof 1

It was until much later that Jack woke up, and it was already.

He suddenly realised what had happenend.

'Damn it! I sleeped for hours to come! And i still need to reach Canterlot... While the dark is no problem for me, i cannot say the same for me the enemy who operates at night... They might have launched deadlier variants during the night...'

He then tought of something.

'I hope this is going to work, tough i am not sure, its all i can do now, or i would just wander and wait to get slaughtered by an enemy patrol, wich the second one is out of option.'

He closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

Eventually, in his dream, he tried to something special.

"Luna, can you hear me?" he said

• Brohoof 1

Maple had gotten patched up and She saw a changeling appear in the center of canterlots field. "Hey! You state you name and Business here. Then Get out!"

Moonshadow turned around "Uh oh..." He started running.

Maple started chasing after him. "Go ahead and run you won't get away though..."

Moonshadow had to think on the fly he ducked into and ally way and disguised himself then he made an illusion of a unconscious changeling.

Maple rounded the corner seeing the scene "Ah Moonshadow Good to see you handled that well."

"N... No Problem Captain Maple! I'll see him to the prisons." He said nervously.

"Good work again Moonshadow," Maple said happily "You've been getting better at this." 

• Brohoof 1

When Jack got no response he became worried.

"Are you there? Listen, could you give a ride to Canterlot? I am still really far off, and I don't think I can make it on foot in time." he said.

Jack woke up and looked at his surroundings.

'I am not sure If she has heard it, if she didn't, it means i am done for....  I have learned that walking alone in the open like this, unarmed, is just nothing short but suicide... But then again, what i have been doing for most of my life? I guess back then i at least i had a group... but now? They all just left without me, this is just great.' he thought to himself.

Tears were starting to form in his eyes.

"I should have never left my blood brother."

• Brohoof 1

"Now, Now why plead to a goddess who barley ever listens to her subjects." The same dark-blue unicorn with mechanical wings Landed next to Jack. "I mean. If She won't help you then who will? Well I'll help you if that is you tell me who you are."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna had heard Jacks voice calling for her. "We need to go find him." She ran outside and started flying but she had no idea where he was

• Brohoof 1

Jack gave him a sceptical look.

"She already helped me rather good, there are not many who would even want to help me with finding a cure for this ongoing virus."

his face softened.

"My name is Jack Gonriel, what is yours?" he asked