Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

Jack had an flabbergast expression on his face when Woody suddenly changed his face.

But he then nodded a bit.

"Well, the virus is perhaps not just threatening our race but the entire galaxy as well. It has been spreading like crazy, anyone who gets infected, they turn into mindless and non sentient beast, they get golden/dark yellow eyes and start to murder everything their instincts telling them to kill. But what is even worse is that every single infected being becomes part of this so called *Hive Mind*. It is one massive physic connection that links all infected togheter, like a big chain of command, and Valtrek acts as the leader of it. Non sentient enemies would be rather easy to defeat you might think, but just think about how many life forms would hold a planet, and then combine that factor with over more then 300 planets that have fallen victem? They now number in billions, and it is growing every day, if anyone had known about this virus sooner we could have mounted some sort of defense againts it. But by the time we figured out its purpose, we where already crumpled for the most part."

"Where once in the planets there used to be laws and some sort of goverment? It is all gone, everything in our galaxy has now is in a state of chaos and dissarray.

All that is left of us are survivors scattered all over the stars, trying to salvage what is left. But even should this virus be stopped by some mericle, with the return of Valtrek, we might as well not even bother to resist." Jack said with a sad tone.

• Brohoof 1

Woody nodded This is devastating He thought I fear it might have been brought with him but benefit of the doubt and all that. He sighed. "Well for now you're safe from it It sounds terrible though. This is an odd question but care for a bit of ambiance while you read? I'd like to sing but I'll leave if you'd rather."

• Brohoof 1

'Safe might not be so true for my case, i am not even sure how long i still have left, its just all one big mystery.' jack tought with concern.

He then looked to Woody.

"Singing? That is a pretty cool idea, i haven't heard someone prospose that in a very long time." Jack said.

• Brohoof 1

Woody was delighted. Before he started singing he decided to sit in the middle of the room since he had been standing for a while. He opened a portal to the chaos realm and pulled out a song book. "Have a preference to any sort of music? Because I've got quite the collection."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh um, it might be best if you pick, I just don't know anything about the different music genre's," Jack said with a nervous laugh

'A few days ago i was fighting for my life and now i am suddenly at such a peaceful place, it is just very hard to phantom how everything turned out.' Jack tought.

• Brohoof 1

Woody flipped through his book put his paw on a page and nodded. "Just a heads up sometimes when I sing I let my soul flow a little too much which means things might get a bit random. You'll see what i mean if it happens." He started humming a upbeat and refreshing melody. As the song picked up his 2 horns started to glow. His books pages started to come out of the book and fold them self's into animals. who listened to his singing.

Spoiler

(Song by Nintendo. Made for smash bros 4 in Wii U)

• Brohoof 1

At the words of *soul flow* he had a frightened look on his face, but that was quickly replaced.

As the singing was going on, Jack could just not believe what he was witnessing.

'Unbelievable.' he thought with amazement.

• Brohoof 1

When Woody had hit the peak of his music all the pages in his book where animals that where his audience. His eyes where closed though. He had no idea that he was doing anything. He just kept singing like nothing was happening.

Eventually Twilight too heard the music coming from the room and stepped in. Seeing what was happening she was star-struck She'd never seen Woodland use magic before. "Wow. That's amazing." She said quietly.

• Brohoof 1

Jack was really enjoying it.

After what seemed like a while, Jack spoke again.

"That was really amazing Woody, I honestly have never heard something like this before."

"I think I am going to sleep now, just feeling pretty tired after everything that has happened," Jack said as he walked to the room.

• Brohoof 1

Woody at that point had finished singing. All of the folded pages had put themselves back in his book. "Alright. Also Pinkie's party is tommorrow you won't want to miss it. I'm usually there as the musical accompaniment to the festivities. Don't think theres a theme she normally tells me that when I get there. Anyways don't be late to it. It's for you after all." He said. As he was leaving the castle Twilight stopped him to ask about his singing earlier and why he was using magic during that. "My singing is my magic." was his simple response and then He left.

• Brohoof 1

Jack had been sleeping for a few hours and it was late in the night.

He was in a dreaming state, but as it was going on, the mark on his arm started to glow a dark red.

Out of nowhere, inside his head, a monstrous scream filled his ear dreams that made him wake up with a scream.

He woke up with sweet barren all over his body.

'Man... This keeps on happening whenever I sleep... I cannot sleep, but I stay awake forever either?' he thought.

He felt his arm and to his surprise, the place where his mark was located was giving off an unnatural amount of heat.

'I can run from enemies, but how can I run from something that is inside of my body?! This just never ends, I am literally waiting to turn, this is just great..' he was thinking.

• Brohoof 1

Woody had arrived at home and gone to sleep in his room as well. Before laying down he kept thinking about that Virus. "I wonder if it's curable? Uggh I should have asked."

Maple meanwhile, During the night was exploring the crashed spacecraft. She was looking for anything worth retrieving for Jack that wasn't burnt or on fire. A lot of the tech was confusing to her but if she saw anything that looked important and easy to carry she grabbed it and stuck it in her bag. "He probably doesn't need any of this." She told herself "But better safe than sorry."

• Brohoof 1

Jack stood up threw the blankets off him and stood up.

He squeezed his arm.

'I wonder what will happen to me if I turn, I know for a fact my curse is not the same as those infections I saw most victims have. Will I turn into one of those things? Will I denigrate? I honestly have no clue what is going to happen to me. But I know one thing for sure, Valtrek and his followers must be really desperate to find me now that i escaped. I guess that is the reason why my mentor was so bound on getting me to escape at all cost...  But why? I may get some tiny boost from this curse, but that doesn't mean i am strong. I am even wondering why I am still breathing in the first place, shouldn't I have died years ago when those attacks happened? That is something i wonder every night, everyone i cared about is either death or becoming one of those monsters while I am still there, but then again, I will perhaps meet a similar faith perhaps soon, I can only wonder what is going to happen.' Jack thought.'

"I may not have very long anymore, but while i still have time, i will do everything to set things right, even if i have to die for it." he said to himself with a sign as he looked outside via a window.

• Brohoof 1

A few hours later Maple had returned to ponyville with stuff she had gathered from the ship, With a few burn marks and minor cuts, walked into Twilight's castle and knocked on the door to Jack's room and waited on him to answer... If he was awake that is. Since it was so late. "Hey you up in there?" She asked quietly.

• Brohoof 1

Jack was in deep thought until he heard the knocking.

He quickly hid his right arm behind is back as he opened the door.

"Hey there, you seem pretty bruised up, have you been fighting somewhere?" Jack asked with a curious expression.

• Brohoof 1

The bat pony laughed. "I wish. I was just trying to collect some stuff from you ship." She set the bag down " I don't think anything was important enough for you to merit going back but I grabbed whatever seemed important. Anyways are you alright? Most ponies would be asleep by now."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah I'm fine, just having constant nightmares when I sleep, so I am trying to avoid it for a while." he said.

"I was wondering when you found my ship, did you found anything else.... alive?" he asked.

• Brohoof 1

"Alive?" She she said questioningly "Where there people with you? I... I didn't see anyone. The worm hole was closed too. I just picked up some the devises that here laying around. I'm not sure if any of them work. And I found some sort of... weapon?" She held up a revolver. "I don't exactly know what it is."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"As far as I know there was no one with me, tough there might have been a chance something had lodged into the back of my spaceship..."

He then examined the revolver.

"Huh, looks like it was still in my spaceship during my escape... But to explain what it is, it is called a firearm, or a pistol to be more specific, it fires off small projectiles that fly at unbelievable speeds, able to tear trough enemies with ease, tough the projectiles used in such weapons are hard to find nowadays." Jack said as he examined the inside.

"By the way, from what I have heard, you are a soldier, right? Could I perhaps your military force in some recon missions? I can be of great help in that part" Jack Asked

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 1

"I was about to head there, it's time for my shift anyways. I could introduce you to princess Luna and we could see about doing that for you." She sighed "Normally I fly there though since I go alone. You seem to lack wings though so we could just ride the train... Just be ready for the train car we're in to be empty due to it being a odd creature and you walking in."

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded.

"Might be best if we get the train then If it means getting there fast."

"I am ready when you are."

he then looked at his arms and legs.

'These blasted chains will have to go off eventually, tough i don't think it will be that easy, who knows what kind of traps they put on these things once i try to break them off...' Jack thought with concern.

• Brohoof 1

"Let's go then!" Maple said happily "Oh Wait I'll need to go get my stuff I'll meet you at the train station." She handed Jack some golden coins. "These are our currency, Bits. Uses those to buy two train tickets for when I get there it shouldn't take me too long to get my armor and bow."

• Brohoof 1

"Alright, see you there then."

After Jack had brought the train tickets, he stood there waiting for her.

'I need to suppress the powers of that curse in some way, or else it shows to much, magic users could even feel the effects leaking off me at a certain point. Not that it is easy to hide in the first place...' Jack thought.

• Brohoof 1

After a few minutes of searching her house Maple found her things and arrived at the train station. "Hey." She greeted Jack. Her armor stood out in the crowd and the bow it's self wasn't helping. It matched the color palette of the armor except it seemed like the string of the weapon was glowing, The main reason she stood out. "Did you get those tickets? I'm not sure if I gave you enough."

• Brohoof 1

"Aye you did, let's go." he said.

The train ride to Canterlot was around 2 hours. but they eventually reached it.

When they walked outside some of the nobles get starting and making remarks, Jack glared at them but didn't say anything in particular.

• Brohoof 1