Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

"I know what he has been trough, everyone does at this point, news spreads like a wildfire. But some things tend to be necessary like this, because no matter where you are, there are things lurking behind a curtain, waiting to strike. But your will to protect him is honourable, had he not found any of you, he would have been long dead by now, as would anyone of his age for that matter, because your planet is one of the last remaining places which still have this type of defence. Some might have already told you this but things are not looking so good as they seem, we have had significant victories but we are still not even close to a breakthrough unless the root of the problem is gone, but even that is not very likely, at least not at the moment." Karthspire said.

He then suddenly heard someone approaching.

• Brohoof 1

"We don't mind to help you with that If we could get more detail on it. I never turn down one of those who needs my help." Luna stated hearing a different person approach, "We refuse to force any to fight alone and I still think Jack has put up with enough already, He should be brought somewhere safe and allowed to grow up, not thrown right back into combat for an advantage. I hope you understand where I am coming from on this."

Maple had gotten lost on her way to find Woody "Great... Where am I..." She saw Jack "Well I'm really lost. Hey Jack!" She said a little happier she noticed Jack was with Luna who was discussing something with the leader figure she moved closer to listen in for a bit.

• Brohoof 1

"I do, or at least, for the most part, it is not easy for us to understand the entire concept of having such a non-combat type of life, its an unfamiliar concept to us. So please forgive any of us if we do not understand how it works, even before the entire virus situation there was no such thing as peace." Karthspire said as he noticed Maple coming.

Jack looked up, as he saw Maple approaching.

"Hey there, we are waiting for someone here at the moment, turns out it must be pretty important, though I don't know who exactly," Jack admitted.

"I rather explain when she has arrived, it's pretty annoying with having to explain the same thing like 3 times." Karthspire said as he leaned back against the wall.

• Brohoof 1

"Hey. I don't mind waiting with you all." Maple said sitting down on the edge of the balcony.

After another few minutes, a Blue dragon walked onto the balcony, panting, "Sorry... I'm late... Forgot... Here now..." She said looking up at Karthspire and smiling nervously.

• Brohoof 1

"No worries, it happens to all of us. Everyone, this is Evelyn, one of the strongest and most experienced flyers among our city." Karthspire said.

"I have called you here for an important reason, i wanted everyone here to show you good you are, which is why I have been thinking about a little competition, a fighting competition. While Evelyn is the main reason for this being held, she is gonna need opponents, but i tought, why not make it more fun as well? Anyone is allowed to participate, and some of our own will be participating as well. If any of you feels like joining this, feel free to say so, but also make sure to inform your friends about it. We will be holding it in a few hours." He said.

• Brohoof 1

Maple smiled "I'll join it. You all do need to see how strong our kind is and I'm a pretty good example of that."

Evelyn examined Maple for a second. "Karthspire... are you sure that that is allowed? I mean she is a robot..."

"Hey!" Maple exclaimed having heard what Evelyn said, "That stupid virus took my real body but even so before I lost it I was a strong pony and now I'm even stronger." Maple said flairing her wings to show off.

Evelyn took a step towards her, "Mechanical strength is weak compared to the strength of will. Now that"

Luna stepped between them "Maple has plenty of strength in anything you wish to challenge her at, while not feeling pain may seem like an advantage, she loses part of a mechanical body much easier than you would lose a leg, Maple, stop being so aggressive these people did just save my sister."

Maple nodded in response.

• Brohoof 1

"Aye, it is allowed, while we never had mechanical participants before, it does make a nice change of pace, and I heard them talk alot about Maple, so why not show it? That might be a good opportunity for her as well to inspire others, but one thing should be made clear, KILLING is not allowed, but flying, using weapons, is all allowed as long as no killing will be involved. You will lose if you either go out of bounds, forfeit or are unable to fight, but don't let advantaged discourage you tough, just because someone has wings or is made of metal doesn't mean they hold a big advantage of others here, I can confirm that much." Karthspire said.

"And by the way, the one who wins the finals will be up against the currently standing champion, so that should make things even better." He said with a smile

"Evelyn, i would suggest you give it your all tough, some here want to see your full potential in a fight."

"That will be all, once the tournament is over we will discuss things further." Karthspire said as he walked away.

• Brohoof 1

"I wasn't going to give it any less than my best. I don't intend to lose to you either robot." Evelyn said glaring at Maple "You best bring your best if you wish to beat me."

"Oh I will. It'll be a fight to remember." Maple returned valiantly. "And don't worry I wasn't gonna kill anyone anyways. Karthspire? Where is the infirmary I was looking for it since My borther was taken there."

• Brohoof 1

"It should be a few streets away from the barracks itself, keep walking forward but move left on the 4th street, and then you should be able to see it. Do give your brother my regards." Karthspire said as he turned around before resuming walking away again.

Jack turned to Luna.

"Perhaps we should walk through the city for a bit? I kinda do want to see that park that they had built there, but I couldn't really find my way around before." Jack asked Luna.

• Brohoof 1

"Sure Jack that sounds like a wonderful idea I think it was over there" Luna said pointing "if you want we could go there now? I'm not busy with anything so it'd be something to do."

"Thanks." Maple said, "I'll do that for you."

After a few minutes, Maple found it and walked in looking for Woody. Worried about what condition he might be in.

• Brohoof 1

"Sure thing, let's go." Jack said as they started heading over there.

As they were eventually walking, Jack spoke.

"Say, did you happen to notice any... strange individuals around this city? As in someone who stands out from the rest in a creeping way? I cannot help but shake this feeling." Jack admitted.

-----------------------------------------------

As Maple arrived, Woody had been bandaged as was lying in a bed.

The doctor looked up when she approached.

"Ah, you must be Maple correct? Your brother is doing ok, he had some cuts, but nothing severe luckily, i presume he had a mix of fear and beginning pain from the injuries that caused him to collapse, or at least that is what I could speculate, but it's safe to assume he could actually be allowed to leave the infirmary if he prefers to, only thing he should be coming back for is replacing bandages and some more painkillers should the pain begin to rise within him." The doctor told her.

• Brohoof 1

Luna looked at him "I can't say I've seen anyone out of the ordinary. I haven't been here too long though so perhaps I have but just missed it?" she turned a corner and Jack could see the park area he spoke of earlier.

------------------------------------------------------

Maple smiled "Glad it's nothing too serious. I was worried he'd be dying." Maple walked over to Woody

Woody over in his bed was sleeping. Mumbling something about a unkillable enemy and her dying.

Maple frowed a bit worried about him but assumed the dream was just a nightmare. "It's ok brother." She said to him even though he's asleep.

• Brohoof 1

"That could be, so far there were 2 times when i walked through this city i saw someone with a mask just constantly watching me, but it was not just staring, he was observing my every move, but only that, i felt this strange type of magic, i was not sure if it was coming from him, because when he was looking at me i just felt tiny bits of it all over the place, but when i was out of his sight, the signal was just gone.. I just don't really know what to do make of that, but whatever it was, i am not sure if it was magic in the first place, i am just not sure." Jack said with a bit of worry.

"Tough it seems we have arrived." he said.

• Brohoof 1

"Strange perhaps he was trying to help?" Luna said hoping for the best. "I don't know why he'd do it like that but the people here don't seem to have malicious intent, I haven't seen him though so I can't say." Luna walked int the park taking in the scene of it "It's a nice place certainly."

• Brohoof 1

"Indeed, alot better than what I used to see when I was younger." Jack said in agreement.

He then sat down and looked at the scenery of the park.

"Well, perhaps it could still be debatable, my father preserved life in such a unique way, wanting to keep growing while life itself was trying to take it all down with this war, but even that did not deter him. He would have loved to see this place." Jack said.

• Brohoof 1

"He was a great man then," Luna said not looking at Jack rather just looking straight ahead. "People who work hard to protect everything that exists like your father and the siblings you've grown to know. They're really something else. I know you have been fighting for the same reason, Jack," She held her breath in fear of his response to this "but I fear that if you keep it up we'll never see each other again. You've done so much over your whole life that you shouldn't have been forced through, I just... want you to grow up the way Woodland did, normally, doing what you love and not having to risk your life every time a challenge shows it's ugly head, I wanted to let you at first but after what Celestia told me I realized how much you hated all the fighting... I'm sorry for having been so blind."

------------------------------------

Maple had sat down next to Woody guarding him, giving vicious looks to those who tried to come close. Even the doctors and nurses if they tried to examine Woody eventually she would let doctors near him but she kept being definsive if they did something to him asking "What did you do?" or "Did that hurt him?", she could tell she was a bit of an annoyance but she really didn't want Woody to suffer any worse than he was now.

• Brohoof 1

"You are right, i hate all the fighting, but... there are moments where i feel like i need to do it, for others it may sound like i would have a choice in this, but before i can start a new life, i would have to liberate Cyril, i still have some friends there who need to have a proper burial, there is one even still alive hopefully, because if i end up abandoning them or be present when a liberation would begin, it would be a similar feeling as for you if i where to die. After Cyril is liberated, i will try to start to over with a new life, but as long as this feeling is still present.. I am just a in tug of war that cannot be fixed by any other deeds, it might feel as stubbornness, but for me it feels like i will be putting my friends to peace if i do this one final thing there, i have been trough to much with them to just leave them to rot..." Jack said.

• Brohoof 1

"I completely understand that... Though something has been bothering me... You aren't entering that tournament, right?" Luna said pausing "I mean it's ok that Maple is, she can't feel any sorta pain plus she's used to fighting and dangerous situations. You are too but I think Maple tends to handle them better than you do. Not to offend you in any case."

• Brohoof 1

"Don't worry, I am not entering that tournament, but aren't we all used to dangerous situations at this point? I mean, Maple is strong, but don't we all have this similar level of fighting in the situations? I and Festus fought through a tunnel full of kamazi infected, which would explode on impact, granted that Ember helped us out in the end but it did show how well we did despite being badly outnumbered and couldn't just simply run away. She has accomplished a lot, but don't you think you should give the others some more credit as well? Ember has adapted so far against our enemies to a point where she has learned how to handle a firearm without any trouble in such a short time, that is not something many can do Luna, or for the fact that Festus actually already was capable of gliding movements despite not having full-grown wings back then? Fluttershy had made an incredible breakthrough when she managed to gather up so much courage to actually fight her enemies head-on. We are all in this together when it comes to accomplishments." Jack said, feeling a bit offended about this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor was getting a bit annoyed with Maple constantly interfering.

"Miss Maple, could you perhaps be so kind to drop this behaviour? It is interfering with our work." The doctor said, getting a bit impatient.

• Brohoof 1

"I agree with all of that, as true as it all is Maple still can't feel pain. Though... I worry that if a part of her falls off that means she'd have to get it fixed... back in Equestria... I guess we should just hope for the best in that regard..." Luna looked around a bit "Thought I shouldn't worry about you too much, I need to let you have your own opinion on these matters, but I'm going to have a say in it too alright?" Luna sounded a little commanding in question.

------------------------------------------

"I can't just stop. I'm in a new surrounding and my brother is hurt." Maple explained, "I don't want any harm to befall him, I'll keep it down but I really don't want you doing stuff to him while he's out like that, So I just want to know what you are doing before you do." She bared her teeth, Twilight had put fangs into the body so Maple wouldn't feel without them, "I mean it shouldn't be too hard to tell me right?"

--------------------------------------------

Ember was walking with Festus "Ya know kid, You've come a long way since I first started to train you."

"Thank you, Princess, I'm only doing my best..." Something clicked in Festus' mind "Oh right. The stone, here" He said handing the stone, which determins the leader of the dragons, back to ember.

"Keep it, No one really pays attention to who has it until the leader decides to retire." Ember explained "I want you to take up after me when I do."

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

"Of course, you are alot more experienced than me in the first place." Jack said with a smile as he sat down.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Miss, you should have a little more faith in us, we are experienced doctors and know what we are doing, we would never inject your brother with things without your full permission, but I assume back where you come from doctors are also allowed to work like this I presume? You could perhaps show a bit more leniency towards us as we are using our own supplies to help out your brother, something that not everyone is so willing to do in these times, because we don't exactly have growing resources, we must work with what we have, which means barely anything we possess can be replaced." The doctor said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The masked person was looking at Ember and Festus, he was following their every movement, but it was starting to get uncomfortable, as this was the 4th time that the masked person had been watching them from another part of the city, casually leaning against a wall while watching them. How he managed to follow them so quickly was a mystery, but he had managed to appear from one point to another part in the city within mere moments. But the mask had no eye holes, which means no eyes could be seen through it, which left the question of how he was able to see them in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

"I... Guess you are correct..." Maple said taking a slight step back "They operate in the same way where I'm from, I just really worry about him... I'll stay out of the way for now." Maple said but she still watched what they did close to make sure they wouldn't hurt him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember glared at the masked individual and approached him "Hey! You've been stalking me and Festus for I don't even know how long. I'm only gonna be polite once so stop stalking us!" She said turning back to Festus "The nerve of some people."

• Brohoof 1

The masked person had only tilted his head in response but had not said a single word.

It was only around 6 minutes later that the very same person was watching them from the roof of a house, almost like an eagle would do.

There was a bit of an eerie moment about this since it did not make any sense on what was going on.

While the doctors weren't around Woody, he woke up violently, screaming, sweating and shaking, after a second he looked around  "... Oh... It was... Only a dream."

Maple ran over to him first before anyone else could react "Bro! Are you ok?"

"M... maple." Woody smiled "Oh that everything I thought you..." Woody hugged her almost falling out of bed. "Knowing that you're ok... It makes me feel much better."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember sensed the feeling of being watched she looked around and saw the masked stranger again, she drew a javelin and flew up to him "I said to leave us alone." She said angered but his presence "Next time I will use this but now I'm concerned for others safety. So get lost!"

• Brohoof 1

The masked person shook his head, he first pointed to himself than to Ember and then to Festus.

And he then held his palm open, but the gesture was perhaps not understandable enough, he was then hoping she would understand the gesture, but to the others would be pretty hard to understand, which made it looked like he was almost implicating something else.

He just gave a tilt of his head again, waiting for the answer that he was probably not going to get due not being understood.