Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

For a brony such as me I would like to ask of everyone ... how are the mlp comics?*in a very proper English accent* ... *back to the normal voice which is a little on the bright side with a touch of excitement... it's not the same* I need some darn advice on it cuz I'm worried that I might be getting short little comics with none of the feeling that I get from the show.  I know I'll enjoy them anyways cuz I love the show anyways. Just comment below if it's a "really good spantaculous maculous idea", ( in that order) if it a "darn why did I get that idea", (worded like that as well) or if it's a "I don't know but I'll give you a hoof anyway cuz I thought this post was funny" idea. So yeah.  TomorrowI'mDoingAHowToConvertYourFriendsIntoBronysWithoutE'mKnowing!!!!! SO BYEEEE AND YAAAYYY

the comics have many virtues that make them, on average, more enjoyable to me than the show.

they are written for a slightly older audience for one thing. For instance, the young twilight/baby spike issue, where they make an analog for a young mother trying to get schooling while taking care of a baby, is not something we'd ever see in the show.  That issue is one one of my favorite canon stories.  in a similar vein, the writers are more willing to make adult references to shows, movies and books that are just too old for 10 year olds to get.  

for another thing, comics are FAR better than episodes for showing what individuals are THINKING.  For instance, there is a killer 2-parter where we got TONS of thought bubbles from big mac, and it very much adds to his character.  We also get a chance to read maud pie's diary, and that was also fascinating.

the comics are also great at showing relationships that would be tough to show in the show.  For instance, those in the past, like starswirl and celestia, or the sombra and the pony friend that he used to know.  

I'd say go for it.  

If you tell me one of your favorite ponies, I can recommend some good comics for you featuring them. 

• Brohoof 1

The comics can be darker and more visceral than the show. They expand upon what's already been depicted from the show and definitely fill some loose topics on certain subjects. For me, I like reading the comics because I can go at my own pace to absorb anything I don't really understand much easier than watching. 

• Brohoof 1