Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the Movie Gets a "PG" Rating, Do you Think A Certain "D" word Might be used

bwrosas

What... "Derpy"?

YES PLEASE!

We fans have been waiting for SOOOOOOOOO long for our justification in this!  It's LONG overdue, and the fans keep speaking louder and louder -

YES, HASBRO!  WE LOVE OUR DERPY HOOVES, AND WE SHALL NOT TOLERATE HER MERCH'S NAMELESSNESS FOR EVEN ONE MORE BLASTED SECOND!  DER-PY HOOVES!  DER-PY HOOVES!  DER-PY-...

... wait... that's... not what you meant, is it?

... oh, the mortification...

• Brohoof 14

I wouldn't bet on it. Hasbro has been very protective of their property this time around, and although they have a large, dedicated following, including a lot of adults, they've kept it suitable for kids throughout. In the end, they do not want another Transformers: The Movie on their hands.

So, unless the D-word is Ditzy Doo (which I hope it is), I don't think so.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Not PG, shows that kids and parents watch together wouldn't have anything too vulgar nowadays.

Wait Wait Wait, this is In the MLP movie section, just realised that, in that case, there is no chance that the MLP movie is going to have any swears in it at all, its PG because there will be a bit more action than usual judging by the trailer.

Edited by Snow
  • Brohoof 4

41 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

What... "Derpy"?

YES PLEASE!

We fans have been waiting for SOOOOOOOOO long for our justification in this!  It's LONG overdue, and the fans keep speaking louder and louder -

YES, HASBRO!  WE LOVE OUR DERPY HOOVES, AND WE SHALL NOT TOLERATE HER MERCH'S NAMELESSNESS FOR EVEN ONE MORE BLASTED SECOND!  DER-PY HOOVES!  DER-PY HOOVES!  DER-PY-...

... wait... that's... not what you meant, is it?

... oh, the mortification...

You! I like you!

Gonna toss another chit for no. They wouldn't even get away with the fandom created profanity being used. However, I will smile if someone says peeved.

• Brohoof 3

I stopped caring about the outdated rating system in the few years! Whether G or PG, as long as it's a fun movie, I'll consider it good.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I stopped caring about the outdated rating system in the few years! Whether G or PG, as long as it's a fun movie, I'll consider it good.

Aye. It's a rather ridiculous system as it is and there are numerous examples of inconsistency. It isn't really helpful and can be completely ignored if you are an adult. I can still see it's use for parents separating G films since they are by and large better for small children to consume, but for all intents and purposes ... it's a very flawed system. 

Just now, Jeric said:

Aye. It's a rather ridiculous system as it is and there are numerous examples of inconsistency. It isn't really helpful and can be completely ignored if you are an adult. I can still see it's use for parents separating G films since they are by and large better for small children to consume, but for all intents and purposes ... it's a very flawed system. 

I mentioned this several times already on a few other posts, but this bears repeating. Here's a guy's editorial about the rating system:

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I remember when PG-13 movies didn't have the word "shit" in them, but it's seemingly been OK for them for about 10 or so years.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 1990 - PG Rating - had Raphael repeating the word "Damn" multiple times throughout the film. The MPAA has changed the rating system arbitrarily over the course of the years that the ratings are virtually meaningless. It all depends on the accepted forms of the time. However, due to Hasbro's family friendly branding, they will not risk overtly putting anything in that children could easily catch onto. It'll more likely just be the regular nods to adults like in the show.

It really depends. If it is said no more than just a couple of times, that's not something that will freak out most parents, know what I mean? You've got to include a lot of instances of it to risk boosting the rating to PG-13.

There are some people who freak out at the word "death" :dry: , so I doubt it. Still, who gives a shit about that rating system anyway, it's flawed

• Brohoof 1

I really doubt that. I'd be fine with it if something, I guess, but it would definitely feel weird and I don't think that's gonna happen.

*Mane 6 launches attack on Tempest. Said Tempest emerges without a scratch*

Spike: That didn't even scratch her! Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?!

Spoiler

(No I don't think swearing of any kind will happen)

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro won't allow the writers to use swear words with MLP period. They view the brand as being for a much younger audience and going against that would definitely make them--Hasbro--very unhappy. As such, I believe the rating is going to be G. If PG is used, it will be because of animated violence as opposed to the use of foul language.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cars 3 got rated G in the US but PG in the Philippines (where children under 13 would have to be with an adult to see the film under that rating)... until it got re-rated G on appeal.

But no matter, many other movies got that rating, like the award-winning Minions, Zootopia, Inside Out, Sing, Ice Age Collision Course, and recently, Despicable Me 3. It could happen to My Little Pony as well. 

You see, for the film to earn a G rating in the Philippines, it must meet all of the following guidelines:

• Theme – The film should not contain violence, threat, abuse, horror, or other themes that may cause fear or disturbance to a young child's mind.
  • Violence – The depiction of any violence must be mild, brief, infrequent, and unlikely to cause undue anxiety or fear to young children.
  • Horror – The depiction of horror and frightening scenes should be mild, brief, infrequent, and unlikely to cause undue anxiety or fear to young children.

One bad move, and it's very likely that Philippine children will need to have an adult with them to see six ponies go on their biggest adventure on the big screen.

By the way, I am not Filipino, just a social studies/world history addict. Oh, and Viva International Pictures is the distributor for the Philippine version of this movie.

Just for the sheer hilariousness of it, I would love this, even if it happened just once. To see one of our beloved characters  get so frustrated that they randomly shout "Damn it!!", that would be hysterical. 

• Brohoof 1