Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Dream of a Filly (RP)

Sphinx-Ara

@Raven Rawne

"Well I took things from the corpse such as teeth, claws, the eyes, that sort of thing, I've heard that some ponies will pay through the teeth to get these sort of ingredients, considering the potency of the ingredients but also how difficult and dangerous it is to get them in the first place" she says and hums a little tune to herself "Well, yes the leather would honestly be a great boon to help me get a discount on the new tools, but sometimes accommodation is more important" she says "how about this? We wait and see what happens when we get to Ponyville?"

• Brohoof 1

@Goddess Sunset Shimmer

Natural couldn't really argue with that logic. "I reckon some curio collector, or maybe an alchemist, or other sicence type would be interested, yeah. Buuut we'll see how it goes once we get there, yeah."

She remained silent for some time, as they neared the town that was finally coming into view. Finally the mare spoke up again. "Uh, any particular idea on how to attract the attention of the Princess? cause that's completely out of my area of expertese, so to speak." 

@Raven Rawne

"Honestly? I was hoping that maybe I could talk to one of the mane six and see if they could help, or maybe see if there is a guard or night guard in Ponyville who knew my parents that could get me an audience with the princesses" she says and thinks for a moment "Other than that, I'm not really too sure, I'm not one to think so far into the future" she says and rubs her left forehoof a little, as she had stepped on a pebble "Ugh, I need to get my shoes checked soon too"

• Brohoof 1

@Goddess Sunset Shimmer

Natural simply nodded.  They were getting closer and she seemed to be on a lookout for something from within the town proper. "I hear ya, been a while since you had them changed eh? Being in the forest and all."

They finally reached Ponyville outskirts and the mint mare almost braced as they fid so, but then stopped and looked around, confused. "Have you... ever visited the town before? Cause if not, then Pinkie Pie is clearly out of town. She welcomes every single pony on their first visit... Anyway,  the leatherworker first, then your horseshoes. Maybe we'll see any guards around to ask."

@Raven Rawne

Astral smiles and nods as she looks around the town, kind of thankful that apparently the aforementioned pink mare wasn't in town, but also relieved that ponies didn't seem to pay her much mind. "I guess you were right miss Natural, anyway let's see..the tannery is..." she continues to look around the town then spots what looked like a tannery "Over there I believe, 'I'll just drop into the wagon to grab my things then see what I can get" she says as she then goes into the wagon and then exiting with a pack full of the left over leather and the other bits and pieces.

She then waves to Natural and makes her way towards the tannery. She looks around outside the shop, and by the presence of small racks with animals hides drying and being tanned confirmed her beliefs that it was a tannery. Walking into the store, she smiles and walks up to the counter and dings the bell on it "E-excuse me, I-I have some leather to trade and I'd like some new tools please" she calls out, hoping to get the store owner's attention.

• Brohoof 1

@Natasha Xalian

Natural Order chuckled. "I'm always right, maaaybe except for when I'm not." She walked towards the tannery, navigating the still wide streets of the seemingly sleepy town they walked into. The biuldings were placed rather sparsly on this end of Ponyville and ponies didn't really pay any attention to another visitor, especially since she herself wasn't new to them. As the duo neared their first destination, and Astral noticed the tannery, Natural stopped on her bidding to allow safe embark and picking up all the leather her companion wished to trade. Then the mare waved back to the filly and looked for a good spot to park for a few minutes, so that Astral could see her after coming out of the tannery.

---------------------------------------

The tannery was well lit whrough large, slighly opened windows, letting fresh air to combat the stench of leather, salt, and all kinds of things used with it. The store was composed of a rather small space for customers, separated by a heavy counter. Rows of shelves and racks displayed various ready to sell goods, from pouches through saddlebags to belts and anything in between. Doors leading most probably to the workshop area stood ajar, and there was a humming sound coming from over there. it stopped at the ring of the bell however, and soon enough hoofseps were heard on the creaking wooden floor, occasionally muffled by something. An elderly earth pony stallion wearing a think leather apron emerged through the doors, thick eyeglasses on his nose as he peered over them - apparently he wore them when reading or working. Looking around, he asked: "Yes? How may I... help you?" Only after a moment of looking around did he realise that his customer was as tall as the counter, and that's why he couldn't see them immediately. Once that was out of the way, he approached the filly across said counter, taking no doubt the usual position when he attended the shop. The stallion eyed his customer rather curiously, but whether it was because of her age, race, or his poor eyesight, nopony could really tell.

"Ahem, yes, so, how can I help you, little one? Here to purchase, or maybe repair something...? Rright, I think I've heard something about trading leather, am I right? I thin I can buy some if it's in good condition." He walked around the counter and onto the "customer area" to see what she had to sell.

@Raven Rawne

Astral smiles "Ah yes, I have some freshly tanned manticore leather I'd like to trade in for some new leatherworking tools, please" she says as she places the leather on the counter, "I also have some other bits and pieces from the manticore, but I don't think they're that useful for leatherworking" she says softly as she also places her old leatherworking tools on the bench "I n-need to repair my armor and hoofblades" she explains, also placing them on the counter "Oh and uhm..if there's any work, I'll take it, so that my employer and I can afford somewhere to stay" she says as she looks back out of the store to see Natural and smiles at her. 

• Brohoof 1

@Natasha Xalian

The stallion raised an eyebrow as he listened. "Manticore? Now that's new. And I thought I've seen it all when it comes to leather. May I?"

He took a piece for inspection and put his glasses back on. "Hmm, it's much thicker than the usual stuff, yes,  and harder too. The tanning is a bit rough but, nothing that can't be smoothed out. I think I can find some good use to those small pieces. But I'm afraid I won't find any use for those... other pieces."

He then glanced at the armour and hoof blades. As the stallion took one bladed hoofboot, he looked squarely at the filly. "I can tell this is the real deal, not a toy. And it's well worn from use..." The earth pony then examined the entire set in silence, and spoke up when done. "Despite the obvious patch jobs, there's quite a lot to do. Mostly replacing the worn out straps and re-sewing some pieces properly, just to name the most pressing needs." He thought for a moment. "But I guess I can trade the repairs for those scraps though. It's good leather, no matter what it's from. As for the tools and work,  well..." He ran a hoof through his mane, thinking. "I guess you could help around the workshop to pay up for new tools. Some of these aren't worth repairing if you ask me. They'll only ruin everything you make with them."

"So, are you interested? And if yes, what can you do with leather?"

Edited by Raven Rawne