Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you dream last night?

Dreams can be complex and very interesting. Keeping a dream journal of some sort is considered to have a positive effect on them, by making them more vivid and potentially more lucid.

Let's make this topic our dream journal, and write down the most recent dream we've had! 

I dreamt I broke my phone screen....Then I woke up and realized it was a dream...only to find out my phone fell outta my bed while sleeping 

and cracked....Thankfully...that was also a dream! 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I dreamt someone was destroying the world to get an artifact to reshape the world. And they were good at destroying. They easily destroyed cities. I was the one, who completely knew of this artifact, it was a little wooden box, where you have to put 4 special straws on each corner and. And we (me and the FBI) hid that box and the straws before and the one who was destroying the world gave up. I traveled the world casually. But now they continued the seach and we hid the box 'n straws differently. Then i woke up.

Edited by FizzyGreen

That I was trying to buy a winter jacket from Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle. But the ones I wanted didn't fit. He was trying to shell his crappy toys on my family. Oh and I had to find a jacket that fit before the store blew up. So I quickly browsed the sizes of my 3rd choice for color, neon blue. Bolted out of the store as it exploded. It was filled with crappy toys. Very uncomfortable. But once I threw those out, it fit pretty well.

9 minutes ago, gabbylikespie said:

I dreamt that I was dating my crush and I was so happy that I thought it was real but when I woke up, I was sad to find out that it wasn't :(

Haha, used to happen to me quite often too!:D

I'm always having dreams of things that happened in my Theory of MLP: 

Last night I had a dream about a DR Who special 60 year anniversary episode that was centred around my theory and I was even playing as myself in the episode. I was talking the Doctor through equestria and the DATANET in my universal jet and there where tons of facts in the episode about how events took place in equestria. Apparently the episode aired in the year 2023 too! :) 

My dreams have been extremely weird recently... Probably cause of how hard it's been to fall asleep lately, 2 of my friends died in my last dream (?) and it was so vivid that I actually had the thought "wish this was all a dream" multiple times, without realizing anything. I'm excited for tonight's dreams, if I do end up falling asleep:):)

(edited)

I had a dream that there was a young girl with magic that lived alone on a mountain with a little animal friend. She had a burn on the side of her face from a fire that killed her family, she was the only survivor. She was 8 when it happened, now she is 17.

During the dream she is wondering around a forrest on the mountain and runs into an older boy with the same burn on his face, her brother.
Turns out he also survived and was found by a group of hunters badly wounded. He woke up in the village at the base of the mountain and thought he was the only survivor.

This is what happens when I go to bed after writing for 6 hours. :P

Edited by Katze

11 minutes ago, Katze said:

I had a dream that there was a young girl with magic that lived alone on a mountain with a little animal friend. She had a burn on the side of her face from a fire that killed her family, she was the only survivor. She was 8 when it happened, now she is 17.

During the dream she is wondering around a forrest on the mountain and runs into an older boy with the same burn on his face, her brother.
Turns out he also survived and was found by a group of hunters badly wounded. He woke up in the village at the base of the mountain and thought he was the only survivor.

This is what happens when I go to bed after writing for 6 hours. :P

I get that too! My dreams depend HEAVILY on what I did before going to bed, not on the entire day. If I go to sleep stressed, my dreams become weirder and weirder.

I've not only had dreams about my theory but I've also had a lot of dreams of future events that made my dream of creating the ponies impossible. Like one of them was when I was on a school camp to Sydney and we were walking along Darling harbour. A lady then ran past me quickly and she snatched my IPod touch out of my pocket and ran. Even though I caught up to her and grabbed her she said I made the biggest mistake of my life. She then smashed my IPod on the ground and broke it in half and she then quickly pulled a out a hidden baseball bat from the back of her shirt and she hit me in the head with so much force that her blow ripped my head clean off my body. That's when I woke up and yes the exact same thing actually happened in Sydney except likely that same lady just causally walked behind us not playing any attention to our school group. Now that's just one of many dreams I had where I died in a place and situation that actually happened a few months later after I had the dream. :)   

1 minute ago, Techno Universal said:

I've not only had dreams about my theory but I've also had a lot of dreams of future events that made my dream of creating the ponies impossible. Like one of them was when I was on a school camp to Sydney and we were walking along Darling harbour. A lady then ran past me quickly and she snatched my IPod touch out of my pocket and ran. Even though I caught up to her and grabbed her she said I made the biggest mistake of my life. She then smashed my IPod on the ground and broke it in half and she then quickly pulled a out a hidden baseball bat from the back of her shirt and she hit me in the head with so much force that her blow ripped my head clean off my body. That's when I woke up and yes the exact same thing actually happened in Sydney except likely that same lady just causally walked behind us not playing any attention to our school group. Now that's just one of many dreams I had where I died in a place and situation that actually happened a few months later after I had the dream. :)   

That's quite a weird dream LOL

Just now, Nico said:

That's quite a weird dream LOL

I believe those dreams are actually alternant timelines that are exactly the same to the main timeline but exept in the dreams I died in an unfair way before my dreams of my theory where brought to life. :)  

Just now, Techno Universal said:

I believe those dreams are actually alternant timelines that are exactly the same to the main timeline but exept in the dreams I died in an unfair way before my dreams of my theory where brought to life. :)  

Nah dreams are just your brain reorganizing stuff from the last day, while giving you something to look at, in my opinion, at least.

I didn't dream last night but a couple nights ago I dreampt that Dumbledore can reverse time and there are weird curses and stuff and he has to be secretive which explains his eccentricities. And he was cursed with whomever he touches their life drains out of them, AND if he doesn't keep it up he will die. So he throws himself into conflict areas and simply touches the baddies.

But what happens when there is no conflict? If you are cursed with immortality like a vampire then, well Dumble is a good guy so doubt he would start feeding off the innocent, maybe he would just decide to die or make his condition known to execute death sentence criminals, maybe he would go vigilante, but then if he goes that route it becomes easier n easier to justify less bad people getting touched to death (lol) which means he would eventually prey on the innocent. But he could know all this in advance, and just decide to die, but if dying means being in an infinite loop and he fears such a fate, like he didn't set up his paradise zone, so he keeps reliving the last hour of his life or so based on the distance it takes to reach another human, he could set up a zone with enough materials so that he doesn't get bored. Perhaps even reliving similar conversations over n over with a dear friend, whom knows the condition so he asks them to stay open with diversity of musings or topics. And just in case he finds out the capacity of the human brain and makes the zone a library with literally more books than can be remembered, and it has to be books that can be remembered, rather than content of said books because even remembering the book could dissuade someone from reading it if they remember their opinion or take-away of it thus they'd just over-simplify the contents, and outside the library could be a wilderness where he can boat or enjoy the fresh air etc.

Tho he is dying technically he would be very weak technically, so his friend could cast light-weight spell charms n stuff on him.

Tho imagine if you are sick with diarrhea or something, and stuck in that loop the last hour of your life, all the stuff you can do, but you shit yourself trying, truly a fate worse than death lol. Now I am reminded of nursing homes xD

Just now, Nico said:

Nah dreams are just your brain reorganizing stuff from the last day, while giving you something to look at, in my opinion, at least.

But still your brain is also an antenna for spiritual signals and I'm probably being sent information from other universes with my dreams as they take place a few months into the future after I actually have the dream. But also a dream saved the life of a man from getting killed in 9-11. He had a dream of the incident happening and the day the incident took place he felt extremely uneasy mentally and he was extremely fearful of going to his office in the twin towers that day so he insisted worked on his laptop computer from home. In the end the feeling of uneasiness from his dream saved his life and he couldn't believe it when he saw that the disaster from his dream actually happened. :)  

6 minutes ago, Nico said:

Some scientists say that nightmares and dreams are to make certain ideas conscious in the mind that were not, which means its the subconscious communicating with the conscious. Prolly for data storage reasons or because it knows you are curious about it or it reinforces your behavior into behavior it thinks you need or who knows.

https://www.livescience.com/32730-why-do-we-have-nightmares.html HE is wrong tho, saying that nightmares would not be pointless, because look, we have wisdom teeth, whats the point for that, its not superior in any fashion.

Changeling Will Guide: I had a horrifying nightmare of me chasing the loved ones of my pony friends and doing who knows what to them! I'm not that kind of Changeling...anymore.

43 minutes ago, Nico said:

I get that too! My dreams depend HEAVILY on what I did before going to bed, not on the entire day. If I go to sleep stressed, my dreams become weirder and weirder.

Maybe we can use this to our advantage.

Before bed our brains want to continue our emotional conundrums for the morning, thus preserves it with a similar dream. Or perhaps it doesn't want, but its simply something that happens due to altered brain state.

Its hard to explain how I am comprehending it right now, but if we can do it for anxieties we can do it for excitements too. Its like some of it bleeds into the dream and the dream notices so perpetuates it by bringing up similar scenarios. AND did you know the mind views cringe as physically painful? It recognizes it similarly. Probably because stress damages the nervous system due to oxidation, and stress occurs during physical confrontations, or noticing 'I am bleeding!' or such.

So I see how its easier to have intense nightmares more so than intense good dreams. But there may be a way.

Could just need to have similarly strengthed good thoughts before bed, then also do stuff healthy for the nervous system, like, oh duh, anti-oxidants, but no preventing bad is not the same as causing good hm.  Time for google.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/05/17/good-brain-health-tips.aspx

Which reminds me, it lists sleep, well when I used to lucid dream alot it was when I was napping after a full nights sleep in the morning for enjoyment plus a kind of love/anticipation sorta feeling idk how to describe it. But the heart can produce good stuff

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23533248 for example, dats gud. Also explains why people who are broken hearted don't produce it so much.

So you gotta love love love. When I was a kid I loved fictional worlds like DBZ and stuff. Learning and pondering about it was exciting, enjoyment. Lately I don't feel such things as intensely, so prolly gotta work on that. Excitement for the possibilities of the worlds in the fiction. So I just need to reconnect to that enjoyment probably. Its like, think of how awesome it would be to fly like DBZ style or something, then realize you can do that: in your dreams. And then don't devalue it because 'its just a dream'. If anything value it more because the possibilities are endless.

Sorry if I am slightly off-topic.

36 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Maybe we can use this to our advantage.

Before bed our brains want to continue our emotional conundrums for the morning, thus preserves it with a similar dream. Or perhaps it doesn't want, but its simply something that happens due to altered brain state.

Its hard to explain how I am comprehending it right now, but if we can do it for anxieties we can do it for excitements too. Its like some of it bleeds into the dream and the dream notices so perpetuates it by bringing up similar scenarios. AND did you know the mind views cringe as physically painful? It recognizes it similarly. Probably because stress damages the nervous system due to oxidation, and stress occurs during physical confrontations, or noticing 'I am bleeding!' or such.

So I see how its easier to have intense nightmares more so than intense good dreams. But there may be a way.

Could just need to have similarly strengthed good thoughts before bed, then also do stuff healthy for the nervous system, like, oh duh, anti-oxidants, but no preventing bad is not the same as causing good hm.  Time for google.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/05/17/good-brain-health-tips.aspx

Which reminds me, it lists sleep, well when I used to lucid dream alot it was when I was napping after a full nights sleep in the morning for enjoyment plus a kind of love/anticipation sorta feeling idk how to describe it. But the heart can produce good stuff

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23533248 for example, dats gud. Also explains why people who are broken hearted don't produce it so much.

So you gotta love love love. When I was a kid I loved fictional worlds like DBZ and stuff. Learning and pondering about it was exciting, enjoyment. Lately I don't feel such things as intensely, so prolly gotta work on that. Excitement for the possibilities of the worlds in the fiction. So I just need to reconnect to that enjoyment probably. Its like, think of how awesome it would be to fly like DBZ style or something, then realize you can do that: in your dreams. And then don't devalue it because 'its just a dream'. If anything value it more because the possibilities are endless.

Sorry if I am slightly off-topic.

That does sound interesting, but for me, falling asleep in a good mood is a rare occasion. I suffer from insomnia, so most of my nights are spent trying desperately to fall asleep, or atleast being nervous about whether I'll be able to fall asleep or not. 

And you're not going off-topic, all good!:D

13 minutes ago, Nico said:

That does sound interesting, but for me, falling asleep in a good mood is a rare occasion. I suffer from insomnia, so most of my nights are spent trying desperately to fall asleep, or atleast being nervous about whether I'll be able to fall asleep or not. 

And you're not going off-topic, all good!:D

Hm I looked forward to sleeping most whenever I wanted to get up early to play videogames when I was young. Perhaps if you dread the morning its harder to fall asleep. But its just a guess. Another thing could be the anxiety of concern of sleep causes the sleep problem, which means something triggered a fear of not getting enough sleep before. But they say morning exercise and reading fiction in the after-noon plus stress reduction activities can help prevent insomnia, plus a night-time routine helps get the mind readied. Like, always brush your teeth n etc same routine before bed. Prolly so 'muscle' memory knows its time to sleep, compared to just free-styling each day causing the mind to not know when it should sleep.

1 minute ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Hm I looked forward to sleeping most whenever I wanted to get up early to play videogames when I was young. Perhaps if you dread the morning its harder to fall asleep. But its just a guess. Another thing could be the anxiety of concern of sleep causes the sleep problem, which means something triggered a fear of not getting enough sleep before. But they say morning exercise and reading fiction in the after-noon plus stress reduction activities can help prevent insomnia, plus a night-time routine helps get the mind readied. Like, always brush your teeth n etc same routine before bed. Prolly so 'muscle' memory knows its time to sleep, compared to just free-styling each day causing the mind to not know when it should sleep.

Nah, I I'm pretty sure have insomnia genetically. I've developed some technique to get around it, but it's still pretty painful in the summer.

Just now, Nico said:

Nah, I I'm pretty sure have insomnia genetically. I've developed some technique to get around it, but it's still pretty painful in the summer.

Brains break. That's how you know they had a function in the first place. Its not genetic. Genetic is a giraffe sleeping only 30 minutes a day, and only needing 30 minutes of sleep. Like, how families with high colon cancer rates grill alot, they think its genetic, but its social/environmental/tradition. Imo.

(charred meat increases colon cancer rates)

Just now, CuriUndersXeno said:

Brains break. That's how you know they had a function in the first place. Its not genetic. Genetic is a giraffe sleeping only 30 minutes a day, and only needing 30 minutes of sleep. Like, how families with high colon cancer rates grill alot, they think its genetic, but its social/environmental/tradition. Imo.

Ah I don't know. I read that insomnia can be genetic, and my mom literally can't sleep, so I thought I could have it genetically aswell. But yeah other stuff is affecting me aswell I'm pretty sure.

1 minute ago, Nico said:

Ah I don't know. I read that insomnia can be genetic, and my mom literally can't sleep, so I thought I could have it genetically aswell. But yeah other stuff is affecting me aswell I'm pretty sure.

Theres really too many factors to consider, but deciding its genetic takes the solution away its basically giving up, unintentionally.