Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you respond to a romantic confession?

Vulcan

(edited)

As the title goes, Whether you've already experienced it or how you'd respond if it ever happens,

How would you respond to a romantic confession? 

Edited by Coffee

That is a little too vague for a proper answer. Really if you confessed anything to me I'd probably be understanding, I much prefer knowing the truth opposed to fairy tales. I'm pretty reasonable as well and only hold grudges if you're trying to cause harm to me, my family, my money, or my reputation.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Assuming I have been given enough time to get rid of my initial reactions (anger, disappointment, etc.), I'd eventually forgive them if they're serious about making it up or willing to not do such a thing ever again.

whoahoahoahoahoa, ROMANTIC confession? I do not think that word was there before....

I'd maybe blush and at least say I'm flattered and whatnot, the rest would be based on whether the feeling is mutual :wacko: .

Edited by Wacko Wolf

I´ve been there. Usually I take a moment to think about what I just heard and how it makes me feel, also how it affects me and the people around me. Then I can either be blunt about it or treat the other person with care, depending on the matter. I know it can be kind of cold, but hey, it´s had great results for now.

I usually don't even blink. I tend to take such things in stride. If someone is big enough to open up and confess to something, the least I can do is be decent, understanding and forgiving about it. If I can't be understanding then I'm not worthy of the truth that someone is willing to come clean about. 

As a rule I'm not very easily shocked or hurt by openness. It is what it is and usually preferable to lies. Open communication is constructive and useful, whereas lies and evasiveness are more conducive to negativity festering in the mind, which serves no one. :twi: 

• Brohoof 2

Depends on what the confession is. I mean one could confess anything from a secret crush to a plan to murder someone. My response would pretty much be based upon what the confession was about and how it was offered.

I think they mean love confession.

I personally haven't been confessed to like that before, but I'd probably ask if it was some kind of cruel joke.
Then I'd wonder what happened to make them feel that way.
And then it of course depends on who it is and what they are like on how I'd react further.

And to any confession if they screwed up, first I'd probably be angry, depending on how bad it is... But more than that I'd honestly think it's cool they decided to 'fess up. Better than leaving it for me to discover later on.
But here, again, not many people have wronged me in the past. If anything, I have wronged more people than the other way around.

As others have said before, it depends on what is being confessed. 

If someone confessed that they'd done something wrong, I would take a listener role and hear them out fully before making a response. I'd do my best to be understanding, though I can't really say exactly how I'd react, as it would have to depend on what they were confessing about and the nature of our relationship.

If it was a romantic confession, I'd probably take it as a compliment and thank them for taking the time to tell me. If the person was a creep, or otherwise made me uncomfortable, I would say a quick thanks and then distance myself from them. 

If a friend confessed a deep secret to me, I'd be sure not to tell anyone unless it was something that could bring them or someone else harm. 

I am going to go with a romantic confession here. If it was someone who I never even considered then I would politely tell them that I don't feel the same way. If it was someone I had concidered and even have a crush on I would feel weak in the knees, and not know how to respond. I would be so happy though. 

On 7/5/2017 at 1:00 PM, Snowflake Frostflame said:

That is a little too vague for a proper answer

20 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

It depends on what type of confession we are talking about here.

20 hours ago, Nico said:

Depends on the confession, obviously.

Sorry ya'll, fixed it, I dunno why , but I completely forgot there were other types of confessions when I typed this! X3

OT: 

I've only been seriously confessed to twice IRL...and each time I panicked and ruined what would have been a good friendship....o_o

one of many situations where I don't know how to human...

Which is also why I made this thread ...because I'm curious about the proper way to human  ;-; 

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Coffee said:

Sorry ya'll, fixed it, I dunno why , but I completely forgot there were other types of confessions when I typed this! X3

OT: 

I've only been seriously confessed to twice IRL...and each time I panicked and ruined what would have been a good friendship....o_o

Which is also why I made this thread ...because I'm curious about the proper way to human  ;-; 

Ah, then it's probably going to be a no. I'll have to think about it, but I'm not interested in having a relationship atm.

I've never had anyone confess to me like that before, but I'd have to say if that did happen I'd probably get embarrassed...hehe. If it's a complete stranger, than I would probably just ignore them...that's just weird. If it's a friend I know I'd probably be surprised, but, yeah. tbh I have no idea how I'd respond. If I liked that person in the same way than I'd probably be fine with it :lol:

7 hours ago, Coffee said:

OT: 

Ah, well then I wouldn't know what to do then. Right now I'm stuck in an endless cycle of wanting to be with someone, wanting them to be someone I trust, reminding myself what has happened to my other friends I dated, and feeling alone cause I'm single. Still I'd probably be in shock and depending on who they are I'd say yes.

My advice to you, don't panic, take a deep breath, and give them a proper answer. They are human as well and are probably just as nervous as you are.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would blush profusely. And if I liked the person to I would feel weak in my knees and I would be at a loss for words, but find my words that I have rehersed so many times for this occasion. I dream too much ^^

why did I respond to this twice.... idk I just like thinking about it! But I would not want to get I a relationship now. That's something for the future :l

Edited by Lunarpalette
  • Brohoof 1

I feel like I'm not worth those emotions from other people, however, that doesn't mean that I don't respect them for being honest with me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would be confused and probably not know what to say. 

It would made more confusing by the fact that all my friends are guys. 
Guy Friend confessing to me = confused because to my knowledge all of them are straight like me.
Girl confessing = well..... stranger or acquaintance comes to confess that they are romantically interested in me, I would be highly confused.

Edited by The Cerberus

Depends how I feel about the person in question. I know how I would respond to someone I like because I actually did. If it was someone I had no feelings for I don't know how I'd respond, it would be kind of awkward but I'd try to handle it without hurting whoever it was.

I'm always positive about people speaking straightly from heart and don't like mind games much (cuz I suck in it, lol).

So first of all, no matter what was the topic of confession, I would thank that person for being open instead of walking around and then I would act according the situation of course.

I hope it will help you, @Vulcan.

• Brohoof 1

I would ask them if they were confusing me with someone else.

OK, seriously--I have NO idea what I would do. Who falls in love with a fat neckbeard? :(

The last time a girl (outside of my family) told me that she loved me was when I, and the aforementioned female unit, were six years old. SIX.

1 hour ago, Crypty said:

I'm always positive about people speaking straightly from heart and don't like mind games much (cuz I suck in it, lol).

So first of all, no matter what was the topic of confession, I would thank that person for being open instead of walking around and then I would act according the situation of course.

I hope it will help you, @Vulcan.

Thats sounds much more mature than how I would have gone about it. 

Thanks Crypt ^¬^

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I actually know this one. 

Before I dated my wife we were best friends since high school, and at some point during late high school she pondered the possibility of a future. I wound up going to the same University as her after a brief stint in Penn State.

Anyway after a while of completely missing a bunch of signs ... she actually came out with her confession and asked me out on a date in a way that I still thing was crazy, awkward, ballsy, and amazingly romantic all at the same time. 

My immediate internal reaction was something along the lines of, "Wait, did ... did she just ask me out ... a 'date' date ... what the hell ... I have to say something ... this has to be a no ... but ... this is bad ... is it bad ... wait ... she's getting up and walking toward the door and walking out. What the hell is going on? Oh she is turning ... O.o ... what did she just say? .... (O____O)" 

Basically I had a minor mental meltdown. I had a hard time talking, but she did most of that while I walked her to her car in a bit of a daze. Before I knew it we were on the beach. 

My first coherent sentence I recall being able to utter was making sure what she said was real. She replied. I then went through a five minute unplanned speech of how our history meant that we would be both hoping for something bigger than a typical fling or courtship since we both knew each other extraordinarily well. Her reply to my planning our lives together still echoes in my ear. 

My final words to her that night was about the date, "It sounds like fun."

IT TOOK ME HOURS TO FALL ASLEEP THAT NIGHT. 

That was my reaction to my first romantic confession, and it wouldn't be the last one from her. 

• Brohoof 4