Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you respond to a romantic confession?

Vulcan

I'd pray I wasn't dreaming. I'm not particularly popular with the opposite sex for some reason, so... If I did hear something like that coming from a woman, I'd probably freeze in my tracks and watch as the foundation of my entire life view (my unappealingness to women) fell apart in one fell swoop. Assuming it wasn't some sort of cruel prank meant to tear down the already downtrodden, I'd be very happy. If I had even the slightest thought that it could work out, I'd probably at least give it a go. 

If anyone does like me that way, I wish they'd speak up. Life is lonely for me right now.

• Brohoof 2

I remember the first time this happened... it was really awkward because my now-ex was too shy about it to actually say anything, so she wrote me a little note that said she liked me. I liked her back so I was ecstatic and asked her out on the spot. Now if it was someone I didn't have feelings for, things would be very different. I would probably take it as a compliment, awkwardly hug her, tell her I don't feel the same, and never speak of it again. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

So unfortunately I went through a good handful of fake confessions by online guys who just wanted to mess with me and IRL girls I never believed considering they were all overly mean and demanding of me for ever since I knew them and they never really had a healthy interest in me to begin with. One of the girls who confessed her love was literally in bed with her boyfriend when she texted me about how much she wanted to see me.

I've never had one girl give me an interest that wasnt emotionally unstable unfortunately. Because of all of that i'm very jaded toward confessions and really dont want to be but have been messed with enough in my life to no longer assume anything positive would turn out for me.

I probably wouldn't know what to say, especially if I don't have the same feeling for a person. 

i have had one or two confessions told to me before, its usually im flattered and a relationship will go form there, but when im in a relationship, its more of a "thank you but..." 

Denz didnt really do a massive confession, we were text typing on teamspeak and it just kinda went along the "...btw I like you" lines, with me responding "I like you too". We've never been too soppy really. previous ones have been "i don't know how it happened, but I'm so in love with you" 

quite a lot of them time it can be unexpected and puts you on the spot, especially when its Im chatting and not in person. 

8 minutes ago, Mister Asmodeus said:

This is pretty vague. It depends on the person who confessed. Also, are they confessing that they're in love with me, or another person?
You need to add a couple more details, mate.

The person confessing can be whoever you'd like to think it is, (It could be whoever first comes to your mind) 

It need not be in love with you, but it would be a romantic confession towards you. 

I actually was asked out before... Had to decline because it was 100% uncomfortable, and felt totally wrong (mind you, it was a girl that asked me out).

But it really depends on the person, and I don't know how I'd react specifically in the situation.

Its best to handle these things gently. Thank the person, say you are flattered that they would be interested on you and that it's admoracle that they had the courage to tell you outright  but it would be wrong to tell them anything except the truth. Then say that you simply don't feel the same way and view them as a comfortable friend.

I would ask afterwards if they are okay to still be friends or if they need some time to get their feelings settled. Never let yourself be pressured into a relationship or a date because you want to protect someone else's feelings. 

• Brohoof 1

I've had a few people confess to me (Somehow) and I reacted the same throughout all of them. Very awkward and insecure. None of them worked out due to different reasons.

• Brohoof 1

If you mean an anime style confession then I think I might just laugh. 1 I'm not exactly the most attractive guy. So any girl who confesses too me must be insane. 2 It's f**king absurd too confess you're love too someone. I'm young so I don't have any experince with romance, I do know however that people are chill as f**k. If you wanna f*** you just f***. There isn't some big to do about it anymore.

Also if some random person who I barley know confess their love too me I think i'd be concerned. That maybe they where a stalker or a sociopath. I know that's cynical, but I'm a very cynical person. I guess I should also add that I don't really beilieve in true love. Atraction is purley physical. Obviously there's more too a relationship than that, but at least intially it is based on attraction.

(edited)

My reaction? Honestly, I'm at the point in my life where I've mentally decided to avoid the whole 'love' thing and have considered it a waste of my time. But if this did happen, I would be nice and say that I appreciate the thought, but I am not interested. I know that people will try and tell me that I shouldn't run from love, but really I see no point in giving in to something that really is probably more a physical attraction than anything else. Though, I am pretty sure I'm unattractive to just about anyone, anyway. Flattery will merely get you appreciation, not much beyond that. So if anyone would try to, I'm saying this now. Don't waste your time.

Edited by Vemillia Nightshade

• 2 weeks later...

I would politely (and awkwardly) decline, as always. I'm aromantic asexual, meaning that I'm not romantically interested in people, no matter who they are, but a few younger boys have fallen in love with me before because they think I'm nice, so they confess to me, even though they're, like, 15 and I'm 20. I'm always worried about hurting their feelings. :adorkable:

I think it would greatly depend on who's doing the romantic confession. If it's coming from somebody I've known for a long time, I'd most likely have a positive and understanding reaction, maybe even announce that I hold similar feelings (again, depends on who it is). But, if it's coming from somebody I've had a negative history with, I'd be more inclined to either shrug it off or, at worst, have a negative reaction.

If it came from a stranger though, I'd be more confused than anything else :P 

I guess I only ever had someone confess once? I mean, if that even counts as a confession? When my closer friend was dumped by his then fiancee of 9 years he kinda told me that if it weren't for the fact that I'm primarily attracted to women he'd totally hit on me. I took it lightheartedly and brushed this of as a joke without really thinking about it. We were always cool and honest with each other tho! And a year later he found a sweet girl and I'm happy for him! At least one of us isn't moping around haha!

Usually I'm being on the other end and I get rejected every time :lie:

In the past I would say "My heart is with someone else" but that's just not really true anymore. So... um... It would be awkward. Lol. I would totally be thinking of saying "Oh, no, no, no. Trust me, you don't want to be with me. Have you not realized that there has to be something horribly wrong with me to still be single at 28?". But I'm not sure I would actually say that because it's too true. I'd probably keep it short "Oh, no, sorry. I'm not interested.".

• Brohoof 1