Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you respond to a romantic confession?

Vulcan

2 hours ago, Envy said:

In the past I would say "My heart is with someone else" but that's just not really true anymore. So... um... It would be awkward. Lol. I would totally be thinking of saying "Oh, no, no, no. Trust me, you don't want to be with me. Have you not realized that there has to be something horribly wrong with me to still be single at 28?". But I'm not sure I would actually say that because it's too true. I'd probably keep it short "Oh, no, sorry. I'm not interested.".

I know I've already said my piece, but... yeah, I echo these sentiments for the most part.

Well, i'm not sure how I would react to a love confession. But here is how I THINK I would react. So if I was not in a romantic relationship with someone else, I would be weary... Not really sure if I could be with the person that would be confessing to me. Especially if it was someone I had not known for a long time. I am very nervous in general like Fluttershee, so i'm not really going to scream or do something over reacting, but I would do something quiet, maybe cry of joy or something.

If I was in a relationship with someone else, I would kindly but not aggressively tell them off, and quickly explain. But only if it was someone I do not know, like an admirer. But of it was someone who knew I was in a relationship, I would be tired and get overly excited with anger. Especially since one time someone I knew confessed to me, when I reminded him I was in a relationship... He started begging me to break up with my lover. That got me angry and had me yelling at him. Then he addressed it to me that we were meant to be together, and it was true love. I sighed and started explaining true love to him.

"But it's true love!" :(   -Person I don't like now

"True love is something where you love someone so much. More than anything in the world. But that means your willing to let them go if they don't love you back. That's what true love is. You would be happy for them in a relationship they're in. And be glad it's something you at least were able to feel. True love is something you go through pain for,  while another person is happy. And that's what I find in someone. That's what my partner is. He loves me more than anything."

Apologies for taking up some time for you reading this, I do over exaggerate about some things. But not about all things like I said above. But I do like writing a lot, and this just made me say a lot of things, so if you are still reading this, Thank you! I hope it wasn't too long and you got bored... I should really stop typing now if that's what I wanted... BUT YOU STEPPED INTO MY- I'm just kidding. But here are some cute emoticons for your reward! 

:rarity: :adorkable: :twi: :kindness: :fluttershy: ;) :squee: :yay: :icwudt: :wub: :catface: :derp: :muffins: 

Okay i'm done now. :3

But really, thanks for reading all of my pointless opinion! :3

• Brohoof 1

I been through this a few times and I would typically respond with a long moment of silence and utter stoicism. I comprehend my good friends' emotions just fine and I understand what they are feeling, but I can never properly convey it in return, because a lot of the times it's a situation where you are gonna have to carefully choose your words.

• 3 years later...

That kind of thing takes me off guard because it's so unbelievable. But in my limited experience it's pretty thrilling and flattering. I don't really have to worry about turning down anyone I don't like because I usually make it clear if I dislike someone. That way there's no risk of getting signals crossed. 

Ngl I feel like most of the people who confess their love to me don't know me well enough for me to be comfortable saying yes.

I'm usually the one who does the romantic confessions and only after getting to know someone well enough to the point where I'm certain I'd be comfortable in a romantic relationship with them. This has... pretty much worked out great for me? I've been in a lot of relationships, most of them ended on good terms, and I've only really been rejected once.

Can’t compute that.

Jk. If it’s mutual I’ll also be happy and say so. If it ain’t... depends. I’ll offer to hang out or something and give it a chance, let them see otherwise if I just don’t feel the same way :U . I’m bad at giving rejection. Worse at getting it hence I always hold back.

• Brohoof 1

I'd be flattered no matter who it was, really. I mean, what kind of fool ends up liking THIS moron? :D

I've been confessed to before from several people, so it's not exactly new to me, although I get flustered and my heart start beating hard every time regardless. 

Though it will depend on who it is, really. I may not be able to reciprocate those same feelings in return.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Vefka said:

As one wise man said "A man would happily accept even a rock, if it approached him"

First time I have ever heard that. Good advice? (If this was Family Guy, I would get hit by a thrown rock by now)

I'd probably say "oh.." and process what just happened and if what they said has a deeper meaning to it. They'd hear the gears shifting and squeaking in my head :scoots:
Then my brain would start creating plans for dates, and determines how long our relationship may last or what the future holds. Then I'd think to myself "they signed up for this?" xD

3 hours ago, Splashee® said:

First time I have ever heard that. Good advice? (If this was Family Guy, I would get hit by a thrown rock by now)

I heard it from some youtuber, but I forgot where exactly. I thought it's not that far from truth in most cases

I'd be flattered and say I'd like to be friends (assuming this is, in fact, coming from someone I at least like) but that I'm in a relationship and not looking for anything beyond friendship. Given I don't go out (even before the pandemic I didn't) it's not very likely that it would happen anytime soon, though, so I've never really been in that kind of a situation. With my current girlfriend I was the first one to tell her I liked her, though it turned out she had liked me for a while as well. I only really knew how much she liked me when she kissed me, though. That's nearly 12 years ago at this point.

Will you be able to pay me dinner then? :devious:

Serious though, I probably will be speechless, depending who that person is to me, Here's what they will either get as a response.

f8bceb44-59c6-4e72-ba71-e9c899d16cf7.png

(like Morpheus, I would suggested taking the red one) 

I did have this one awkward moment when I have friend who I talked to about my crush and asked her how should I tell my feelings to my crush (who's also my friend), because my friend is a girl and I needed an advice from a girl. I later find out that my friend who I talked to about my crush confessed to me and say she was sad and a bit jealous of me having a crush on another girl. Yeah that was ten year ago. And I haven't talked to any of two of my friends ever since then. 

It’s never happened to me in real life, but I would probably be stunned speechless. Flattered, too, if the person is my friend in any way. I’d try to focus on letting the person know that their confession wouldn’t harm our friendship.