Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you respond to a romantic confession?

Vulcan

I had a few "confess" before... more like demand I go out with them. If I had a genuine confession by someone I knew, I feel like I would give them a chance as long as they were around my age.

It's always going to depend on who they are, and what they are to me, and exactly how they are confessing to me. 

I would say the answer is usually gonna be no. Considering that I'm aromantic(only recently been having doubts); however, there are a few people I know who if asked me out I guess I would say yes simply to explore, tho I'm always leaning towards the possibility that I am aromantic. So for those people I would probably "I'm down to date but know this about me..." And tell them the reality of what dating me would entail and possibly lead to. The reason why I would tell them all this is because they are my friends.

If it was a stranger or someone I didn't know very well I'd probably just end up being like "Nah I'm good" or "I'm not interested in dating." 

Back when I was a romantic person I was dating somebody and they told me they loved me but told them honestly that I didn't feel the same way. They wanted something very serious but we were both in college and different colleges so I def. didn't want to be a part of a relationship during that time. 

I don’t know how I’d react.   I’ve had a couple people tell me they have a crush on me, but I’ve never had anyone announce a romantic confession to me.  

I kinda have a bit of a fear of someone liking me like that, and then just being completely disappointed when they get to know me, so I don’t know how I’d react.  I think I’d be flattered but not 100% sure I’d let it progress. 

Nothing honestly, I would respond kindly to it but like you don't really respond to that unless the feeling was mutual. I believe anyone would be flattered of course. Though it depends on the context, if I knew the person I would likely pursue it if I didnt I'd be flattered then go on as if it was as simple as a compliment that is.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Depends on the person and the situation. 

If it’s a random creep or just someone who gave me bad vibes then I wouldn’t respond. Now if this was inperson I have no idea what I’d do. Typically this situation has applied to me only online.

If it’s a normal situation and I’m not interested I will let them down gently. But I will respond. Creeps get left on read or blocked. Not normal decent people. Now in person this may go a bit more awkwardly just due to how I am but the same applies. Let down gently. 

Now if I am interested I will overthink my response back however I will respond and express my interest back as unawkwardly as possible. In person there’s no saving the awkwardness. It will be awkward and I will accept. Awkwardly. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...