Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lifinda's Doctor (1x1)

Lunarpalette

@Lunarpalette

"I wouldn't prefer a sweetener, thanks for the offer!" I said as I sat nervously on one of the chairs seated by the table. I felt awkward sitting helplessly while someone made me such a great meal. This individual has had a constant and present helpful nature about her, and I only wanted to return the favor. If only I could think of something currently that would help.

• Brohoof 1

@EthRitt

I felt great cooking for someone else for once. I have only cooked for myself for about two years. Never really had any friends and I only visited my family but they never visited me. So as I finish cooking everything, I put the custard in a couple of drinking bowls and put them in the freezer for a couple. "Do you like your custard cold warm or hot?"

• Brohoof 1

@Lunarpalette

"I prefer the custard cold if it isn't any trouble. I think, it's been a while since I've had the honor of having such a treat!" I chuckled as I thought of the first time I had fish sticks and custard together. It seemed so long ago. Mainly because it really was. It had been over a century since I had had my last bowl of custard with some nice fish sticks. Then my mind turned back to the situation, I still felt as if I should help, but I didn't know of anything to do. So I offered help in anyway possible. "If you are in need of any assistance, I'd be glad to help in any way. You've done so much for me, and I'd love to return the favor!"

@EthRitt

Iooked towards The Doctor. "As long as your happy with my service, your gratitude is all the thanks I need. So it will be about ten minutes for the custard to cool. But the fish sticks will be ready in about 5 minutes. And then I'll let them cool a bit." Just then I heard the tea kettle whistle. I turned to the kettle and turned off the burner. She grabbed two tea cups and two oolong bags of tea. She put them into the hot water and put one in front of the Doctor. "Here. Let this steep for about two minutes for maximum flavor. It's more of a savory tea. It's wonderful." She said as she sat at a seat adjacent to his.

• Brohoof 1

@Lunarpalette

while I waited for the minutes to pass I took my first sip of the tea. It was certainly savory as mentioned, as I took another sip the taste began to seem familiar. Then I realized that I had had that tea before! I had it while visiting China during the Qing dynasty. It was a very popular tea then. Must be why it has two varieties both named as 'Chinese famous teas'. These facts seemed to be popping up out of no where. I had hardly remembered anything about that time, but now I did. But, I did realize that making the rest of the teas this late at night would not do good especially because I know at least two of the mentioned teas had some caffeine which I don't tend to react well to! "Thank you for the tea" I said, realizing that I had finished it all a bit too early." Too ease your burden, I'd be fine without the other teas. Maybe I could try them some other time supposing you haven't already begun their process of brewing. I know that we should be getting to bed soon and I don't want to keep us up just so I can try a few teas." I grinned. I honestly wanted to get to bed myself, but I could not pass down such a great treat that was being prepared!

• Brohoof 1

@EthRitt

I smiled at him. "Thats alright. We can try them later if you want." I turned towards the oven and took the fish sticks out. "I'm going to let these cool for a minute along with the custard and then it will be ready to devour! But I must say, isn't that an odd combination? I mean I'm all for trying new things but I've never just thought, 'oh I fell like having fish sticks. And I think I'll have some custard to go with that!'."

• Brohoof 1

this question made me laugh slightly and then I replied, "well, whenever you travel as often as I do, you tend to find a taste for many strange things." It wasn't any big answer, but I didn't know how else to put it. I then replied again with, "I guess it's sorta' like asking where someone got the idea of putting leaves in hot water!"

• Brohoof 1

@EthRitt

I had to laugh at that. It reminded me of a story my mom told me. As I took the custard out and set it on the table along with the fishe sticks, I told the story. "Haha! That reminds me of a story my mom told me. She is a HUGE tea drinker, and when I asked how tea was first thought of she made up a story that there was a man sitting under a tree drinking hot water. A leaf fell into the water and gave it flavor. And when he drank it he said," with dramatic effect I raised my hand as if I was reciting an exciting soliloquy,"It's- It's tea!" I laughed. "I don't know if you find that funny or not. It's just childhood memories." I said as I thoughtfully drank more of my tea.

• Brohoof 1

@Lunarpalette

I found the story quite humorous, either the fact that it was quite related to my fish sticks and custard idea, or that all tea really comes from varieties of the camellia sinensis and is really shrub and less of a tree, but I admire the thought.

"so are the fish sticks and custard available to be eaten now?" I said, looking eagerly at the selection of delectable treats.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked