Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think happens after death?

GoldenGumdrop

What do you think happens after death?  

43 users have voted

1. 1. What happens after death?

• Some kind of afterlife
    • Nothing

What do you think happens after death? I have read about Near Death Experiences and I happen to believe in heaven. Do you believe human beings have a spirit or soul? If so, what happens to it after death?

Because of my theories about the universe I think of everyone having their own intelligence system. Also known as their spirit. When they die they get moved somewhere else in the timeline in another universe or they end up in the one of the Troneon worlds. Literally Troneon is the city that I'm thinking earth became within the next century. :)

I believe in a heaven and a hell, in accordance with traditional Christian teachings. Not so sure about near death experiences though, and I don't believe in things like purgatory or reincarnation.

(edited)

We do have spirit / soul. But that's just, in my opinion, the combination of our body and mind. The mind does funny things, and little ideas plant themselves like seeds that grow deep roots. So I personally believe anyone that felt something near death experienced something like a dream based on the idea of an afterlife. Personally, I think death is the end. 

Edited by Starzen
  • Brohoof 2

As an atheist, I'm inclined to say that nothing happens, that what you see after death is like what you see before you're born.

But, to be real, we may never really know what happens after death, especially to the parts of our bodies that make little sense to us, like our consciousness for example.

All we know about death as a species is what happens to our physical bodies after death.

• Brohoof 2

I don't believe in heaven, hell, reincarnation, or any of that stuff. I'd like to believe that when you die, you actually just go to sleep... forever. And through that, I'd like to believe that the realm that you go to after death is actually just an eternal Lucid Dream that you can explore and make up for the rest of eternity. That would actually sound kind of neat, personally.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a nihilist and an atheist, so I don't think there's any sort of afterlife. That's only because I haven't seen any good evidence to the contrary. I mean, I've heard of near death experiences and that people claim to be in heaven or whatever. Maybe that just means that the mind hallucinates just before death. I'd call it an afterlife of sorts, but it probably ends.

I'm not saying "nothing" because I don't want an afterlife. Eternal oblivion and the cessation of existence is probably my biggest fear. The human mind can't even comprehend the concept of pure nothingness, let alone experiencing it.

What I expect: Nothing. The absence of any sensation, or thought, or feeling. A complete and total lack of any awareness or consciousness of any form. The end of my life and my existence.

What I hope for: Ponies.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I don'tbelieve in god, but I think there some kind of afterlife. And then another. And then another there after. And so on!

It seems you're talking about something like reincarnation, but just like most people I'm an atheist that thinks it's just like before your born but people can't make anything simple ^_^ they gotta make up reasons and not be like ok, Maybe we can't currently find the answer to this and call it at that.

Edited by Yumekai
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Yumekai said:

It seems you're talking about something like reincarnation, but just like most people I'm an atheist that thinks it's just like before your born but people can't make anything simple ^_^

You could call it reincarnation, but I mean really in other world or dimensions. You also don't forget anything about your past lifes. That's why it is a punishment to the ones who schrewed up here. :orly:

I used to always be a nihilist, but recently I've thought that it may be that some form of reincarnation happens that recycles our consciousness. Maybe I'll find out soon enough.

(edited)

I believe everyone goes to Heaven, and that Heaven is something different for everybody based on their individuality. As all people have free will, I think continuing on to Heaven after this life is an option for each of us. Though I can't imagine anyone not wanting to go. Once this life is over we are made perfect again and see with perspective we don't possess in this life. Life here on earth is designed to be a classroom to teach every individual according to what they should know and forge them into a stronger spiritual being. Some take a lifetime making the connections, which can be so minute as to fly right under the radar. But it all gets through in the end. 

I believe there is also a Hell, but in a way that's different from traditional beliefs. Heaven is, as I mentioned above, a place of many mansions; with something for everybody. Hell, while I do believe it is a place where evil dwells, also has other definitions. I don't believe people go to a physical Hell after death as a punishment. God is love and mercy and forgiveness so it wouldn't make sense. However, each of us will carry our own personal Hell with us in the form of regret for the bad things we've done and the shortcomings we were intelligent enough to overcome but didn't. That kind of Hell is only as long lasting as we choose to punish ourselves once our newly perfected selves see the errors of our ways. God forgives, but the rest is up to us.

Edited by Dreambiscuit

lol I put in both. Afterlife and nothing

6 hours ago, Discordian said:

Don't know. Don't care. I'm not sacrificing any part of my life in the hopes I might end up in any sort of afterlife, good or bad.

Omg this is awesome guy is awesome.  That sentence made no sense so just make it make sense.  It's like the cutie mark crusaders first song.  (Which was awesome to me)

(edited)

I am gonna say blank. Its bad enough that we are gonna die one day. But i just dont like when religious people go around telling if you dont do this then you are gonna get here etc. I mean a maker creates failures to screw up and somehow he's critical of his own work, keeps his failed designed models that is not according to what he intended it to be because someone tempered with it, and is gonna burn those models for all eternity for some weird reason if we dont fix ourselves instead of having a good model that he could fix or shield itself from those people who wishes to change that? and not only that but an entire generation of bad models has to pay because of one mistake that 2 group of people did, somehow he cannot fix or replace it with his design or atleast be smart or wise enough to do so. We just have to have generations to suffer and face consequences of something he made?

Edited by Reose

The frequency of consciousness often identifies itself as an individual subject, whenever an apt genetic vessel is at disposal.

But this doesn't mean this form of energy IS the physical being.

This waves, often represented by astrologers as the changing ages, are coded by the movement of your planets, in zodiac terms.

Which is why certain configurations in the skies will define an overall behaviour, for the living beings within said star system. Electromagnetic exchange.

This energy is redistributed by designers, across the galaxies. That which is unknown and labeled by our science, as "dark matter" which includes the qualities currently outside human perception. Some of which are studied by numerologist, quantum physicians, and those knowledgeable in divine geometry.

In my perception, it's experienced as energy that can be heard, seen, felt, touched, tasted. Given our perception of reality is limited by our senses thereof, meaning, reality's design is majorly hidden to us. The result in our cultural interpretations across earth.

Now, once I died, I was everywhere and nowhere. Beceause this energy, that's currently linked to the physical body I'm using to speak, is the universe itself, or whichever word you prefer to englobe all that is, and has yet to be.

Well, all life forms live over and over again, being aspects of reality they yet cannot experience as an extension of themselves. Evolution of consciousness in dna.

Non the less, humankind's premature state of development has caused struggle and unnecessary death in earth. Some traits you share with your creators.

Well, I don't know what comes after death, but I figure there's SOMETHING after death. 

It's a hard idea for me to grasp to simply not be. I mean, think about it. What if after death you stopped being? You stopped thinking, you were erased. Poof, gone. It's not that I find it hard to believe, I find it hard to grasp that level of thinking. Your conscience goes somewhere, right? At least, that's what I think could happen. Maybe a reliving of your memories?

1 hour ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I believe everyone goes to Heaven, and that Heaven is something different for everybody based on their individuality. As all people have free will, I think continuing on to Heaven after this life is an option for each of us. Though I can't imagine anyone not wanting to go. Once this life is over we are made perfect again and see with perspective we don't possess in this life. Life here on earth is designed to be a classroom to teach every individual according to what they should know and forge them into a stronger spiritual being. Some take a lifetime making the connections, which can be so minute as to fly right under the radar. But it all gets through in the end. 

I believe there is also a Hell, but in a way that's different from traditional beliefs. Heaven is, as I mentioned above, a place of many mansions; with something for everybody. Hell, while I do believe it is a place where evil dwells, also has other definitions. I don't believe people go to a physical Hell after death as a punishment. God is love and mercy and forgiveness so it wouldn't make sense. However, each of us will carry our own personal Hell with us in the form of regret for the bad things we've done and the shortcomings we were intelligent enough to overcome but didn't. That kind of Hell is only as long lasting as we choose to punish ourselves once our newly perfected selves see the errors of our ways. God forgives, but the rest is up to us.

The hopeful in me wants to believe our afterlife is tailored to us specifically and getting there is simply a matter of dying. The cynic in me doesn't believe there's a good chance of things being that easy.

I'm totally on board with the idea of believing in something purely based on the fact that the idea exists, but at the same time it's hard to fully invest in the goal when it doesn't have any real indication of being real or attainable.

And this is ultimately why I don't waste time working toward it. If this is my one life to live, whether because I am returned to nothingness or because I will end up in some sort of Hell, I'm not gonna get to the end and think "goddammit, so I could have been enjoying myself all these years?" At least this way I've made my choice on my own. Even if I'm up for eternal torment I'll not regret the life I did have and I won't have wasted my existence.

Do your worst, universe. I am prepared for any outcome.