Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you still get people wondering why you like MLP : FIM, Even after you admitted to Liking It

bwrosas

For example, after I finally admitted to liking FIM, my older sister kind of teased me about it, which I expected. And even through she has accepted that fact, she still questions and wonders why.  And her defense in her questioning why people between our age range (if not a bit younger or older) like it, is just seems a bit unusual for us to like a show meant for little girls and if not little boys. 

So my question to you fellow fans, is this, : Do you get the same questioning and wondering from others, even after you have admitted to liking MLP : FIM?

Not really since it is not something I go out of my way to advertise or to justify. I like many things and have never felt the need to try to make others understand why I enjoy them. Several people have become aware I like the show, but other than some occasional teasing and joking, no one ever asks me much about it.

In the same way, I never wonder or question why anyone likes a certain something either.

I just like things that maybe others may find hard to understand. For others, maybe they don't see the justification in why I like something that wasn't intended for me in the first place. 

I have had a few instances of this, mainly when I was getting my hair styled once and a few other scenarios I can't remember. They would see my MLP shirt and ask me about it, but in a polite way. I tend to not go into too many details since I don't feel like I need to. I generally say "I like it because it is a great show" and that is usually enough for me.

I think with most instances of "not intended for x audience" the question of why those out of the target group enjoy the product is always a thing. 

I don't really advertise that I enjoy the show much, but most people just accept it and move on lol.

Nah, most of my friends ask me why I like it and when I tell them they usually just accept it or try the show for themselves.

I did have one friend who constantly how I could like some gay faggot kiddy show. Very healthy friendship right there.

I convert most of my friends

• Brohoof 1