Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like hard work?

Reose

(edited)

Working for someone else. I am only good at helping. I have no indication myself. I feel useless because i wanna be a handy person who likes to help people. But i dont have those types of traits. I dunno, maybe if i try to stand out more or have a hobby

The only thing i know is lawn mowing, i cant drive a car(too afraid) i cant go and help people in different places. All i feel good for is PC. I wish i could be more helpful.

Edited by Reose

Not really, I'm lazy. I like sitting and watching shows and movies and browsing the web and playing video games, not getting up and doing work. I've got little motivation, next to no ambition, and don't tend to take any real pride in a "Job well done".

It's actually rather difficult feeling this way, as it doesn't really matter what kind of job or work I do, I'll just end up feeling tired and displeased no matter what, and I can't ever look in the mirror and tell myself "You did good" as no sense of satisfaction from work ever comes.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

People are different. For me i love work and wouldnt know what to do without it. But i respect that people are different, i am lazy some days but only when i am free. But not all days.

Edited by Reose

Absolutely. Though not all examples of it fall in this category, hard work is rewarding as well as educational. It provides experience and work ethic which is necessary in many workplaces in one's future.

I also like working hard to achieve something because I feel guilty failing if I know I could have done more. 

Some people criticize me for preferring to work for other people than make my own business, and I guess that's fair.

I always like to imagine my boss as a roman emperor while the workers are gladiators entertaining him. Thing is, I prefer being an esteemed, famous gladiator than an emperor, but that's just how I see things.

I like working hard when everyone else is pitching in but it can drain your energy when you have to pick up the slack from others. 

I can be really slow getting started, and I procrastinate a lot. But when I finally get down to it, I work as hard as I can until the job is done. I actually enjoy the productivity of good hard work, especially if it's some task I have a personal investment in. 

(edited)

Nope.

My distaste for work is one reason I don't think that I would get along with the Mane Six--they are all hard workers (sigh). :okiedokieloki:

Maybe I would be different if I weren't so depressed and anxious. How can I give a damn about work when it's difficult to give a damn about ANYTHING?

Edited by Kings&Hooves14

Sure.

If I really am motivated on something, I AM GETTING IT DONE, no matter how hard it is, if it's possible, I'll do it.

But saying it generally, I don't like hard work overall, since it's kind of tiring:D.

It depends on the type of hard work,

I hate monotony but I love harsh physical labor (weird, I know),

So if the work involves helping someone move or carrying something from point A to point B, 

I'd really like that, 

but if it's tediously counting the exact number of organisms in a microscope sample,

then I hate it 

Oh I love hard work. Well, you know, paid hard work, but my favorite job was my first job as a trash man. Get up early, clock in, lifting and riding for a few hours, lunch, more work, then dump and clock out. Company was cantankerous and loud but they were good men at heart. Really, no regrets working there for three years.

To be honest I actually get really annoyed with doing hard work at home. The thing is that by my instincts I just want to do my own work like working on stuff in my single player world in Minecraft. The only reason why I even bother to do the work is because my parents may get very violent with me if I refuse. Like they'll screem at me and even smash my Lego things out of anger but still they haven't gotten violent like this for over two years now luckily so I guess they are improving with anger management. :)  

Heh. Yeah hard work and me are fond of each other. Some who know me well on MLPF have referred to me as slightly masochistic in nature, and take on far to much than any one person should.

Hard work is for do-ers. The main reason that I love Rarity so much is that she is a think-er. Think-ers can change the world with their thoughts and innovations while do-ers just do the thinking of the think-ers on a physical scale. I'm a think-er, I despise any form of physical activity of being pushed to my limits in any sort of context. I'm not one of those people who simply enjoys doing something for the sake of the satisfaction gained on a job well done, I attempt to lead the absolute laziest lifestyle physically possible unless something on a mete rial level is gained from my efforts.

In other words, no.

• Brohoof 1

I used to...or rather still do. Its hard to explain

Since about 2 years ago I had a massive anxiety episode that is still going on but at the time I had to start back on an Anti Anxiety medication that caused me alot of heavy side effects and played alot with my mind making me alot more indifferent to alot of earlier behaviors I have particularly always staying productive and active. Because just a massive level of anxiety caused by horrible sleep, fatigue and OCD thoughts I havent been able to concentrate at work or anything else like I used to. I put alot of pride in my effort and always wanted to keep pushing myself but as of now I havent been able to stay focused at work for longer than 15 minutes without needing a sort of "break" and im afraid its causing alot of bad work habits. Since my anxiety is still going on its really hard trying to break these habits and push myself despite still wanting to be constantly busy