Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like hard work?

Reose

If it's something I'm going to be satisfied with afterward, then sure. Cleaning the house thoroughly, scooping horse crap to clean a pen, carrying a pack that weighs as much as a small child to reach a pristine lake up on the mountainside... I'm all for that.

If it's something I don't care for, I won't enjoy it :(

Yes actually I do, not in a term of study but physical. I like to keep myself busy.

• Brohoof 1

On 7/8/2017 at 4:27 PM, Burpy said:

Basically, this is it in 1 image:8GZUZir.jpg

This was posted on Saturday but I'm gonna reply anyway.

If you feel this way, you are probably better at (and more inclined to) solve your friends' problems because the answers come easier to you, but your personal problems will always be difficult, otherwise they wouldn't be problems. Finding and following through with solutions to your problems will always come easier to other people who have different skills, which I suppose is the benefit of friends. Having someone who is good at the things you can't do, as support when you're lost.

Definitely over analyzed that meme, but that was my idea.

As for my own answer, I enjoy work. More specifically, I enjoy getting things done. Accomplishing small goals. But I don't usually have the drive to get certain important things done. Some work seems pointless, and I think that's the kind that's hardest to do.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like working hard, but I'am pretty reliable. Especially with my job, I hate my job but I'm one of the best we got. As for my own personal hobbies, I'm always pushing myself to get the job done.

meh I guess I like it,I'm used to it already.I do lots of yard work with my dad&his co-workers.I mow lawns and use the weedwhacker once in a while.I'll admit,it's hard and tiring, but I know I have to do it to help my dad.When my dad was a kid in Mexico,he grew up on a small poor ranch,he had to take any nearby jobs available.He told me,he had to work on a farm for this grumpy old man .He hated the hard work the old man gave him,But that didn't stop him from doing the job right.Eventually he became a U.S Citizen and got a taste of the american dream,about 2 years ago His hard work landed him the job as the current supervisor at his work.

Anyways.. I feel as if he's been through a-lot already and he isn't getting any younger.I might not like working hard for 4+ hours in the hot sun,but I motivate myself to keep going and to get the job done good,because at the end of the day,it's all worth it. :squee:

I do enjoy a bit of hard work...only if I am interested in what I am working with and if I have the motivation. When I really start to get working, I put all of my focus into it.

A hard day's work is one of the few things that can give me complete satisfaction at the end of a day. I have a desk job and it can be difficult to feel fulfilled without a full calendar of activity every day in this kind of environment, and I do miss having an active job. There's just nothing like it!

• 2 weeks later...

I will admit I am not fond of it, mainly because I know I will probably screw something up. I tend to get tired really easily because I am a weakling so I would probably have to stop a lot if it was really intensive. It is not something I am good at doing, at all.

I am lazy. I will work EFFICIENTLY, not hard. I hate wasting energy for minimal output. Hard word does not necessarily mean your energy is being put to good use. Working efficiently is not the same as working hard, as hard work does not always pay off, in some cases it's even counterproductive as hell.

Working efficiently however, does pay off. Work smart. By working smart, you work efficiently. By working efficiently you get more shit done in less time.

Edited by Yakamaru

• 6 months later...

Without work anything couldn't exist. Also I've realized that the more work you do the less of it you'll actually have to do and the less work you do the more of it you actually have to do in the end 

(edited)

I've always worked hard, even when it comes to homework, though I end up procrastinating. Some people say to leave things as they are, and sometimes I just can't stand it! I'm lazier these days, but I've found that I'm happier when I do my best. That might be just me, though. :D

Edited by Comix Strike

• 4 weeks later...

I feel pretty proud of myself after doing something difficult. It's just the feeling of having gotten something done when it was tough to do. I like to think that it shows that i'm showing how much I can do, and I think that you can't get very far without doing your end of the job. So I do mine.

Hard work? Me? ...What?

I do not like working had, and in fact hate the idea. I'll only work as hard as I need to or see fit, and however much work it is will be done... when I get around to it. I would much rather do efficient work rather than hard work, and I'll only do that work if it needs to be done or I want it done. For example, I only take 15 minutes to sweep when my dad takes an hour, because I only sweep off what is noticeable and not sweep all of the dirt off of the floor.

Hard physical work, sure. Mental...not so much. I miss doing summer landscaping, was a great way to burn off the anger and stress from being bullied in school, plus after a few years having passing girls check me out was nice :pinkie:

As long as I know what I am doing and can fix my own problems, yes. I like to treat my job as exercise so the physical labor isn't as bad as it seems. Mental work...it depends on what it is. Math and Grammar are not my strong suits.