The Mane Pokemons (Work in progress)

Moon Flame

(edited)

The Mane Pokemons

Part 1

The Mane Pokemons

Part 1

Chapter 1. A Twilight Is Dawning

”It’s in the middle of the afternoon!” Spike exclaimed. ”You are supposed to be at town hall by now.”
Twilight, the princess of friendship, was scanning her bookshelf fiercely while hovering in the air using her wings.
”Twilight!” Spike attempted
But Twilight was way to deep inside her logical brain to hear what the small dragon was saying. Suddenly she caught a smell of burning paper.
”My books!” Twilight screamed. She suddenly wailed her head around. Spike, the dragon Twilight had hatched as a filly and grown up with, was burning a small piece of empty parchment.
”Finally.” Spike said as he blew out the fire. Twilight made a breath of relief. ”As i said. You need to get to the ceremony.” Spike worded as he reminded Twilight of the major event at town hall.
”It’s just a formal celebration Spike” Twilight said calmly.
”But you are the princess of friendship. The Major are probably expecting you to have a speech”
”Sorry Spike. It just have to wait. This is too important. When Rarity was in the johto region the locals where able to capture here inside the… what was it?
”Pokeball.” Spike said.
Johto was one of the regions in the foreign world of pokemons and humans. It was located in another dimension from Equestria. A while back Rarity, one of Twilights friends, had been accidentally sent there by Discord. She had there been mistaken for being a pokemon, attacked and almost captured by the thing the local human species called pokeballs.
Twilight continued to answer Spikes question. ”Thats it Spike. Pokeballs. But how can that be possible if it is true what we have been told, that only pokemons can reside in them Spike? What if there is a biological connection between the pokemons in johto and the ponies of equestria?” Twilight was talking faster and faster. ”What if the pokemons originate from Equestria? What if we originate from their world? What if we are ALL pokemons Spike?!”
Twilight paused and caught sight of Spikes frowned face.
She took a deep breath and continued.
”But even if we put all that aside. The main question remains. What exactly ARE pokeballs. What if the perceived truth we have heard, that they can only capture pokemons, are wrong? What if they can capture and imprison ALL inter dimensional species? That means they could be used as a weapon. No Spike, this is for the sake of Equestria. I must find out more about them.”
”Then why are you looking through your bookshelves?” Spike asked. ”If Johto is in another dimension doesn’t that mean that information can only be found there?”
Twilight laughed
”Oh, in know that Spike. I was just doing some last minute reorganization.” She said and put on a large smile.
Spike rolled his eyes

Spike and Twilight exited the shining castle they resided in. It was made out of ruby rocks and was sparkling in the summer sun. They where headed to wherever Twilight was going, which Spike hoped in vain was the Town hall celebration. Twilight was carrying a bag of blank parchments and quills.
”I have to talk to Discord. We are gonna need his help if my expedition are gonna have any chance of success.” Twilight thought out loud.
”Expedition?” Spike said
”You said it yourself Spike. Only in the johto region can we find this kind of information”
”Then i’m coming with you.” Spike said
”No Spike”
Spike was confounded
”But you can’t go there yourself!” He exclaimed
”Im not.” Twilight answered the perceived question. ”Im taking Rainbow Dash with me. She is fast and can hear and see everything from the sky.”
”Why not take all of us?” Spike asked as he thought about himself and the rest of the mane 6. Which was the group nickname usually used to describe Twilight, Rarity, Apple Jack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash
”We can’t afford being discovered.” Twilight said consequently. ”You heard what Rarity said about her visit to the johto region after Discords failed experiment. All a pokemon trainer needs to do is to throw the ball at you and you will be captured. No, me and Rainbow Dash will make the perfect balance of discretion and safety in numbers.”
There was a booming explosion echoing the sky as a rainbow colored blur came towards Spike and Twilight
”Did i hear somepony recognize my awesomeness?” Rainbow Dash said in her usual raspy voice
”Just the pony i wanted to meet.” Twilight said. ”I need your help. Come with me. You and I are going to johto!”
”Count me in!”
Rainbow Dash didn’t need to ask any more questions. She had already heard the entire conversation from high up in the sky.

Chapter 2. A Mind In Discord

”You need MY help?!” Discord exclaimed. It sounded more like a statement than a question. ”But you are the princess of friendship. Surely someone in your hooves doesn’t need the humble help from the Spirit Of Chaos himself?”
Discord put on a smile as he indulged himself. Even though Discord knew by this point that his life didn’t have a real purpose without his equal friends by his side he never could resist having them crawl for him now and then.
”I am… I do need your help.” Twilight forced herself to answer with a smile as her left eye gave a twitch. ”But this is a top secret mission. You must promise me not to tell anyone that we are going to johto.” Twilight felt a small feeling of revenge as she gave Discord a command.
Discord gave a deep sight ”I am discretion itself.” Discord answered sarcastically as he popped his fingers.

In a flash Twilight and Rainbow Dash had gone from the familiar sight of Equestria to the foreign view of the dense curving trees of johto. Twilight and Rainbow Dash was in awe as their eyes studied the emerald colored leaves sparkling in the big tree crowns as the sun beams was going through them. There was the clinging sound of quills hitting each other as Discords big dragon like head suddenly appeared from inside Twilights bag. Twilight gasped.
”Oh, silly me forgot to ask. When do you want me to pop my fingers and send you back again?
Three days sounded like a reasonable expedition length to Twilight
”Three days from now.” Twilight said
”Don’t have to much fun!” Discord chanted as his head vaporized into thin air.

Rainbow Dash raised her wings and took flight. To late Twilight tried to stop her.
”No Rainbow Dash.” She shouted silently ”We cant risk being seen.”
But rainbow dash was already airborne. Her big lightly red eyes sparkled in wonder as the vast johto landscape was revealing its small sun reflecting lakes, connecting tree patches and occasionally open meadows. With her sensitive wonderbolt trained ears she could hear the sounds of creatures that she never had heard before. To Rainbow Dash it felt like being reborn and discovering the world all over again.
But Rainbow Dash wasn’t the only one catching a glimpse of something new.

Not that much but still a bit further away there was a seasoned pokemon trainer named Karl. He was looking through his binoculars in wonder as he studied the winged, fireless ponyta with a rainbow colored mane and tail. He didn’t need his pokedeck to tell that this had to be an unknown breed of pokemon. At his side he had his fellow companion. Easily mistaken for a flower in the dense bushes, Bellsprout was peaking out her bell shaped head.
”Can you believe it Bell?” he said in his usual calm but still determined highly pitched voice. ”A unknown breed of pokemon within our reach. Can you imagine what powers it must have Bell?”
Bell just looked up at her master and gave her approval by nodding her head. Karl lowered his binoculars.
”We must capture it!”

Chapter 3. The First Battle

The first hours of the expedition Twilight and Rainbow Dash spent memorizing landmarks. They where looking for locations previously used for pokemon battles. There Twilight hoped to find some clues, or better yet, a left over pokeball. Unbeknown to them Karl was tracking them, waiting for the right moment to strike.
It wasn’t long before they heard a explosion and a cry in the distance. Somewhere ahead a battle was raging.
”Lets wait until they are done” Twilight said. ”Then we go there and look for clues.”
”No way!” Rainbow Dash said in wonder. ”Did you hear that explosion? I have no idea what in Celestia could make that but i bet it must be something awesome!”
Twilight sighted
”Huh, okay. But we must be careful”
The two pony friends tucked inside some bushes and caught a sight of a big moving rock cliff with eyes going head to head with a small alligator like creature with red spikes. It looked almost like Spike, except this Spike was breathing water instead of fire.
”Totodile, keep that water flowing!” The female trainer shouted
”Onix, stay away from the water!” The male trainer shouted. ”Onix, use your tail. Now!”
The big rock creature spun its tail around toward the small reptile and sent it flying several feet away and landing in the middle of the plain grass. The male trainer continued. ”You have the momentum now! Finnish it with another tail!”
Just as the tail was going to hit Totodile jumped up in the air and landed on the tail. As Onix lifted the tail Totodile surfed down the spine of it and jumped up to Onix face.
”Now Totodile!” The female shouted
”Totodile took a deep breath and sent out a large stream of water right in the face of Onix. Totodile jumped down and walked away in style as Onix collapsed behind it.
”Great job Totodile!”
Twilight could feel Rainbow Dash shacking with excitement beside her.
”Oh! That was so AWESOME!” She almost screamed but somehow managed to keep it within whisper range
”Great match Onix.” The male trainer said as he opened his pokeball and onix disappeared in a bright beam of light inside it. ”Great job Misty. I see you haven’t lost your touch with water pokemons since the last time we met.” He said politely
”Thanks Brock. And beating you is just as satisfying now as before”
Misty gave out a large smile and curved her body in womanly fashion. She then looked at Brock with big eyes ”I have really missed you and Ash”.
Tears was forming in her eyes. Brock resisted laying a hand on her shoulder. He and Misty had always stayed within friends distance through all the years they traveled together. ”Where do you think he might be?” She continued.
Brock sighted. ”There was a time i kept asking myself the same question.” Brock said as he looked out in the distance, as if he was trying to get a glimpse of the past. Then he continued
”He never did get the recognition as a pokemon master like he always wanted, at least not so far as i know. But one thing i have always been sure of.”
He paused. ”Together, he and Pikachu… There is nothing that those two can’t handle.”
”I hope you’re right” Misty said relieved. She could always count on Brock for comfort.

After Misty and Brock had left the scene of what Rainbow Dash could only describe as ”The most awesome thing ever!” Twilight scouted the area for pokeballs and other clues.
”Could you scour the area from sky view Rainbow Dash? Watch out for round red objects.” Twilight ordered
”Consider it done Twili” Rainbow Dash answered
”Twili?!” Twilight exclaimed and laughed as Rainbow Dash was flying away. Sometimes Twilight could almost swear that ’Dashie’ was having a crush on her. It wasn’t long until Rainbow Dash returned with a badge of some sort.
”What do you think it could be Twili?” Rainbow Dash asked
”I don’t know” Said Twilight.
The badge had a six edged rectangular shape with a passage cut to the middle of the badge. The two separate corners had engraved lines going upwards, making the badge look almost like a headless bird with wings.

Chapter 4. A Rainbow Away From You

”I have no idea where Twilight is?” Discord lied. ”Twilight knows me, she would never tell me if it was something that important.”
Discord had always been a great liar. So far it was going well as the faces of the ponies in front of him didn’t seem to show any sign of suspicion. At least not Apple Jack, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. What Discord didn’t count on though was the female intuition. And that happened to be Raritys home field, and she wasn’t familiar with the Discord that shredded praise over Twilight by insinuating that he would be to unimportant to be shared information with, at least not without sending double signals about it.
”So you have no idea where they went?” Rarity asked
”Not the slightest clue.” Discord answered without thinking about the question he just received
”So it wasn’t just Twilight?” Rarity said calmly
”No it wasn’t…” Discord hesitated. ”Wait, aren’t you aware that Rainbow Dash is gone to?”
”I haven’t though about it.” Rarity said. ”The question is though how you can be aware of it darling…to.” Rarity said as her eyes where looking more beautiful than ever.
Discords face dropped like a rock from a cliff as the faces of the other ponies hardened.
”Oh. Alright! I helped Twilight Brakle and Rainbow Splash away for an expedition.” Discord wined. ”But i wont tell you where!” He then said like a small colt that had just hid away something from his parents.
”Oh. Theres no need for that.” Rarity laughed mildly. ”We already know they went to the Johto region.”
Discord grumped and let his head collapse on his shoulders, foolishly believing that Rarity actually knew and again without thinking which signals he was sending.
”Oh. So they DID go there.” Rarity continued enthusiastically, still like she was talking to a lover.
Discords eyelids twitched, confirming Raritys suspicions he had thought she had him figured out.
Discord had lost his words completely at this point. The mighty spirit of chaos had within a minute been turned into the spirit of grumpy old grandad.
But Rarity, being the element of generosity, didn’t leave him at this state.
”Oh. But thats why we thought to come here actually. Everybody here knows about your powers, the same powers that sent me to Johto. We figured that if somepony, or in this case, some-draconequus, would have a plan on how to solve this it would be you, Discord.”
Discord almost fell into Raritys charming attempt. But since he was the king of that technique already he could see it coming from a mile away.
”Oh please. Even i don’t know the extent of my powers. But i’m sure even they have limits” He said as he was brushing it of.
Rarity was about to try another approach when Fluttershy, the long time best friend of Discord, cut in.
”Discord.” She said nicely but with a small edge in her voice. ”i know that their mission must be secret for a reason. I also know that you would never reveal something that isn’t supposed to be revealed. But can you at least tell us when we can reunite with the rest of our friends? You wouldn’t want me to disappear not knowing where i am or when i might return, would you?” Fluttershy said this as she was hovering face level of the usually towering draconequus.
Discord sighted deeply. He would never lie directly to Fluttershy
”Alright. 2 days from now they will be here with me.” Discord answered. Slightly less humiliated. Still he thought to himself that Rarity would have to watch out for rabies dresses running amok in her boutique the following days.

2 days later Rainbow Dash and Twilight where getting ready to be sent back to Equestria. Their expedition had turned out to be rewarding. Not so rewarding that they where in a possession of a pokeball no, but they had the badge. The information they received by watching that battle had included that creatures inside can be called back just by opening the pokeballs. The had also seen a lot of strange creatures they had assumed to be pokemons. Twilight thought she might also have a spell to counter the pokeball magic in case it was to be used against equestria citizens. Behind some bushes Karl and Bell was watching. They where getting ready to strike. All they needed to do was to wait until the rainbow ponyta returned. They where watching her purple friend now. Karl was readying a pokeball containing his Blastoise when there was a voice behind him.
”Bu!”
Karl turned around and gasped as Rainbow Dashes frowning face where just a couple of inches from his. He fell backwards on top of his Bellsprout.
”Worst sneak attack ever.” Rainbow Dash teased. ”Twilight. We have company!”
Karl. Realizing that his chances of capturing this rainbow pony was about to be vaporized, lifted his hand and threw the pokeball onto the grass ahead. In a flash Blastoise, a big turtle like creature on two legs with water cannons on the sides where towering over Rainbow Dash.
”Blastoise. Use your water cannon. Now!”
Blastoise slided slightly backwards as the two cannons fired. Just seconds before they hit Rainbow Dash she was already airborne far away from harms way. Instead Karl gasped as the force of the water hit him in the chest and sent him flying backwards into a tree. Rainbow Dash flew toward Twilight.
”Lets get out of here!” Rainbow Dash urged her friend.
Twilight was just about to reach above the tree level when she felt a hard force hit her from behind.
Twilight screamed in pain as the force of the water sent her into a tree crown. Rainbow Dash realized that they would not get out of there both of them with that creature still standing. She flew down and planted her hooves in the grass, ready to faced the way larger reptile.

Chapter 5. A Blasting Encounter

Karl was back on his feet, ready to catch what had to be the most unique pokemon he has seen throughout his entire time as a pokemon trainer. He wasn’t sure what to expect from this blue winged pony pokemon with rainbow colored mane and tail. But he figured it expected the water cannon blast from his Blastoise by now. He patiently waited for the pony to make a move.

Rainbow Dash wasn’t sure how long she could afford to drag out the standoff. But she hoped that Twilight had made her way out of there. Suddenly Karl realized that he had to make a move or it would allow the winged pony to get to much rest.
”Water cannons. Now!” Karl screamed.
In a flash rainbow dash took off in the most spectacular way Karl had ever witnessed. The water cannon seemed to fire into thin air as Rainbow Dash circled around it’s stream. There was a large clinging sound as Rainbow Dashes hooves hit Blastoise in the head, making him stagger a bit. But Blastoise had been pokemon master Karl’s first pokemon, and he just shrugged it of and continued to fire toward the end of the rainbow. Rainbow Dash must have been about a kilometer up in the sky. She was to caught in the heat of the fight to think about flying away. She wailed around and flew even faster toward Blastoise. Blastoise was now firing burst fire, sending big balls of water up into the air. But Rainbow Dash was flying so fast that she just speared right through them. There was another bang as she landed another hit on Blastoise, who where starting to feel like he actually had a real challenger. Rainbow Dash turned around and went for another hit. Now, dear reader. If Rainbow Dash have had an experienced trainer at her side he or she would probably have changed tactics by now. Because as Rainbow Dash where getting closer to Karl’s Blastoise he knew what was coming.
”Blastoise. Hard shell. Now!”
The experienced Blastoise even waited a little longer after Karl gave his command before he disappeared into his shell and hurled himself up into the air. Rainbow Dash gave a loud gasp as she slammed into Blastoise hard shell. She flied up again toward the sky but now she was staggering. She felt pain in her right wing. Karl sensed that she would try to get away.
”Blastoise. Water cannon again, burst fire! Aim hard!”
Blastoise concentrated his water inside and loaded up one big ball of water. There was a large bang as it launched into the air. Rainbow Dash turned around but this time she had no chance. The hard ball of water hit her bullseye and she plummeted into the ground. Blastoise didn’t move a muscle on his face. He could have made that shot in his sleep

Rainbow Dash was trying to get up but her sight, blurry from the concussion, made her dissy. She was to much in pain to be scared. She just collapsed again to the ground and looked at the creature she didn’t know yet was a human named Karl. She tried to keep up her usual confident look up but it looked more like desperation at this point. Karl knew from experience that there was no more need for battle. From his pocket he grabbed a empty pokeball and threw it toward Rainbow Dash. There was a loud explosion as a purple beam rocketed from the forrest border. It hit the pokeball and made it wear of to the side. Twilight Sparkle was flying almost as fast as Rainbow Dash as she fired another shot toward Blastoise. This sent him tumbling backwards to the ground. Twilight landed beside Rainbow Dash and tried to help her get up.
”Water cannon Blastoise. Don’t let them get away!” Karl screamed
The water blast parted in every direction as it hit the magic protection bubble Twilight had put around herself and Rainbow Dash. Her angry face frowned as the light from her horn intensified. Karl looked in horror as Blastoise rose into the air and was tossed away into nearby bushes.
’That is one powerful pokemon!’ he thought to himself. Rainbow Dash, realizing that both their lives might be at stake, gained her bearings and took of with Twilight. Twilight was trying to wind boost Rainbow Dash from underneath. But Rainbow dash frowned as her damaged wing made her tumble down and slightly bump Twilight on the way down. She then gained air again. Twilight was just hovering with Rainbow Dash coming toward her from underneath. Dash was reaching her hooves forward as if to hug Twilight when something hard hit her in the back. Rainbow Dash face was formed as if saying ”farewell” as she vaporized into a bright red light. The light then disappeared into the pokeball. Twilight looked on in disbelief as the ball then fell into the grass. The pokeball was shaking as a red light was blinking in the middle of it’s button.

Rainbow Dash found herself in a red and white void. She couldn’t feel the pain of her wing anymore as she was hovering in the seemingly infinite empty space. She was about to feel calm when she suddenly remembered Twilight.
’My friends! They need me!’ The thought roared inside her brain. But as her thoughts was moving closer to Twilight, the more the pain from the wing where starting to come back. She started feeling dissy again. ’Twilight. No! Twili!’. The pain from the wing was almost unbearable now. She felt the sadness take hold over her as she rid her minds of Twilight. The pain started to fade, the sadness followed. Rainbow Dash felt the calming pease wrap around her like a blanket as she lost consciousness.

The pokeball had stopped shacking. The light in the middle gave a last long blink as it to stopped.
”Yes! She is mine!” Karl shouted, completely forgetting in his joy that Twilight might still be a threat.
As Twilight heard the phrase ’She’s mine’ echo through the air Twilight felt her heart drop down to her hooves. Emptiness filled every inch of her mind usually boasting with theories and ideas. The sky suddenly turned purple as Discord was beginning his scheduled relocation of Twilight and Rainbow Dash to Equestria. In a flash she was back again.
”Twilight!” She thought she heard Apple Jack shout. She almost felt like somepony was wrapping herself around her, as if things where happy and alright. Twilight could not imagine.

Rarity felt a large boost of relief as she saw Twilight appear. But as Fluttershy was wrapping herself around Twilight she caught sight of Twilights blank emotionless face. She then realized that Rainbow Dash was not in the room. She felt that joy tumble down to her stomach. In that moment Rarity knew what has happened. Twilight looked at Rarity. Twilight now realized that Rarity knew the horrible truth. Twilights hard face cracked into a inferno of tears and sobbing

Chapter 6. Rarity Steps Up

”Whats the matter Sugarcube?” Applejack asked in her usual country dialect as Twilight had diminished into nothing but a hump of mane and hair skin on the floor. She was trying to hide her face beneath her hoofs.
”Twilight. Why are you crying?” Asked Fluttershy as she also started shedding tears. Even though she didn’t  know yet why Twilight was crying Fluttershy couldn’t stand someone else go into a heartbroken state without her finding a way to sympathize.
”Sheh.h.h… Shehs…” Twilight was sobbing so loud she couldn’t get her words out.
Pinkie Pie, the pink pony known to throw parties for the ponies in ponyville, felt her passion being horribly out of place. She lowered her pink head to join Twilight on the ground.
”Twilight. Whats the matter? Has something Happened?” Pinkie pie was clearly worried, despite this she still had her usual high, almost ear piercing voice. Twilight took a deep breath. She tried to clear her head. ’No one, not even my friends, should be submitted to watching a princess cry’ she lectured herself. She had to be genuine and resolute, not genuine and completely out of her ways.
”Raih.h.h. Rainbow Dash…” She sobbed softly.
In that moment the pony’s in the room realized that Rainbow Dash was not with them. Minus Rarity, who already knew but felt like Twilight needed to talk out with the ponies that did not know already.
”Where is Rainbow Sugarcube? Did something happen to her?” Apple Jack asked straight into Twilights face. Apple Jack was the most honest and straightforward pony in the room. Twilight then said it for the first time since she returned almost like a leader again. She was still on the ground though
”She has been captured by a pokemon trainer.”
There was a moment of silence in the room. Discord had been silent the whole time. He wasn’t very good in emotional crises situations he told himself.
”Tell us what happened.” Applejack said
Twilight was about to start from the beginning when she suddenly felt herself being stuck in that tree crown again. From there she was forced to watch Rainbow Dash plummet to the ground. She remembered Rainbow Dashes face before she disappeared into the pokeball. The face said to Twilight in her head: ”Why did you have to bring me here? Twili? Why would you let your friends in harms way just to gather information?”. Twilight felt her eye brows shrink again. Tears started to pour out. She hid her face behind her hooves and continued sobbing out her guilt.
For so long Twilight had always been the uplifting voice in trying times. Now the confidence of the entire mane 6 where dropping to the floor and was withering away  fast, like porridge accidentally left boiling on a stove for a whole day. At least thats the reference that Pinkie Pie went for.
”Well then. What are we waiting for? Lets go and rescue her!”
The ponies in the room veered their heads around in surprise as Rarity spoke up. The socially intellectual white pony felt that Twilight wanted to lead but couldn’t shake the guilt for what happened, she would then feel guilty for not being able to lead thus created a dark spiral. Rarity had to take charge now. Both for Twilight and Rainbow Dash.
”Twilight?” Rarity lowered her head next to the alicorn princesses. She spoke softly. She knew by now that she should avoid drawing references to the events in general. She decided to focus on details.
”Did you remember what hat the trainer whore?”
Twilight calmed down as her head was focusing on singled out facts again.
”It was brown, i think”
”What color was the vest?”
”Dark blue.”
”Was the trainer alone, beside his chosen pokemon?”
”Yes… No. He had a plant thing walking behind him”
Twilight where now speaking without sobbing
”You don’t say?” Rarity exclaimed with interest. ”You don’t happen to have something of interest gathered from your journey?”
Rarity cleverly avoided using the word ’Expedition’, as this would remind Twilight that it had been her idea.
”I don’t think so… Wait? The badge. Yes! here.”
Twilight opened her bag and showed the badge that she and Rainbow Dash had found in Johto. The blue colored wing shapes on the badge had the guilt feelings come back to twilight. She was just about to hide her head again when Rarity put her hoof under her chin and looked friendly into her eyes.
”You know Twilight…” Rarity made a short pause ”…That Rainbow Dash would want you to focus on gathering as much information as possible, do you? Call it an expedition or a journey. A journey sounds good right? Thats just what she would like wouldn’t you say? A journey to the unknown with new adventures waiting around every corner!” Rarity said the last part with passion.
The notion that Rainbow Dash was heading for something she would like calmed Twilight down.
”But Rarity, this could all have been avoided, its my fault…” Rarity put her hoof on twilights mouth.
”Ideas are not reason for being at fault Twilight, actions are. And by Celestia, you and i are going to find that trainer and speak our minds about his actions. Of that you can be sure! In fact, thats exactly what we all are going to do.” Rarity rose and spoke to the entire room now.
 ”Yes. An adventure. Thats what we all are going for today! An adventure to save our friend. Why? Why, so she can be a part of it to! Thats why. May the dangers find us if it wants us, for we are not going to waste any time waiting for it.”
The entire mane 6, including Twilight, felt their hearts beat boldly again. There was a mumble of approval in the group. Everyone except Apple Jack, who instead gave out a large shout.
”Huiiiiijiie! Thats exactly what i wanted to hear!” Apple Jacks face then turned and looked confounding. ”Wait a minute? How come Discord weren’t able to bring Rainbow Dash back here like Twilight?” Apple Jack looked curiously at Discord
”I don’t know?” Discord said. ”I tried again as you all where talking but it seems like my powers aren’t reaching her somehow.” Discord spoke in a genuinely innocent voice. He then tried several times while the others where watching.
”Do you think it could be because she is in a pokeball?” Fluttershy spoke up
Rarity looked at Twilight. She was testing her now. Twilight then said. ”I don’t know. But while we are there we might as well try and find out.”
And with this it was decided. The mane 6 where all going to Johto, to adventure, to friendship and to rescue Rainbow Dash.

The Mane Pokemons Part 2

Chapter 7. The Adventure Begins

”Can i come with you?” Spike asked with a tinge of desperation in his voice
”No Spike.” Twilight answered. The small dragon was putting his tiny claws together as if he was begging. Twilight continued. ”It’s to dangerous.”
Spike looked sad.
”But I’m Rainbow Dashes friend too. I want to help you…eh…her.” Spike had always prided himself in serving others. It was part of his dragon code. And Spike had always been proud of serving Twilight Sparkle, ever since she had first hatched him from his egg during her evaluation test to become a student in Celestia’s school for gifted fillies and colts.
Rarity now looked at Spike. Spike felt his heart give a tinge. He had always been in love with Rarity, even though he was a dragon and she was a pony.
”Im afraid Twilight is right Spiky. Iv’e been to Johto myself and it’s a brutal place, believe me. You simply must stay here Spiky. You must!” Rarity said the last part dramatically, like a climax in a opera play.
”She even looks pretty when she turns me down.” Spike said dreamily out loud as his tail gave a spin and ended in a stretched out position shaking like an antenna that just had somepony snap at it.
”Is everypony ready?” Twilight asked.
There was a moment of hesitation in the room. The stories Rarity had told about Johto, about its aggressive trainers, about its various monsters called pokemons still resonated in the minds of the ponies. But it was like their mind where all as one when all their thoughts went to Rainbow Dash at the same time. There was a unison answer.
”Yes!”
”Then lets go!”
”Wait a minute?” Apple Jack said as she realized that Discord hadn’t packed anything. ”Aren’t Discord coming with us? All we need really is his magic and nothing will be able to stand in our way!” Applejack said resolute.
”No. He can’t come with us.” Twilight faced the straightforward pony.
She was about to tell Apple Jack why Discord had to stay behind when her mind suddenly painted Rainbow Dashes desperate face again. Twilight felt the sadness and the guilt boil up inside her. It was the worst time possible for this as her brief hesitation allowed the brutish Apple Jack continue hers first.
”Discord can turn the entire Johto world upside down if he wanted to. For petes sake, he could even give us a pokemon army to tarmac the entire dimension for us to find Rainbow Dash.”
Discord was about to tell Apple Jack that he first of all wasn’t a servant and second of all his fears regarding the circumstances of the recent events when Rarity suddenly did it for him.
”Discord must stay behind because of the facts Apple Jack. Something in Johto is blocking his powers, probably the pokeballs. But it could be something else to, something that we don’t know about. If we take Discord with us we risk having him captured. And with his powers at a pokemon trainers disposal…” A horrified Fluttershy then continued. ”He could rule the world and all of the dimensions!” Fluttershy sunk to the ground as she said this.
It was unlike Apple Jack to have things to say but choose not to say it. But whatever more she had to say now was jamming in her throat.
After that was settled Discord kicked of the first part of their journey. Or in this case, snapped his fingers. There was a wave of excitement as the world turned purple and the shapes of another completely different world was forming in front of their eyes. Much like when only Twilight and Rainbow Dash had seen it for the first time the awe of the entire group stood crowd to the scene of countless unknown monsters. This included what the mane 6 didn’t know yet was flying Pidgey’s, Caterpie’s crawling up the trees, Diglett’s digging holes in the ground and the occasional Butterfree.
”Oh. They are soooooo cute!” Fluttershy’s eyes lit up like a filly getting candy from her parents. ”Are those pokemons?” She asked.
She didn’t get an answer. Everyone was busy gasping and taking in the amazing world. Everyone except for Twilight. For her it was just another reminder what a fool she had been.
Rarity walked up to her.
”You know it will get easier?”
Twilight turned to Rarity and put on a large smile.
”Whatever do you mean?” She said looking like she had just told a failed one liner.
Rarity was about to give Twilight a withering look but instead went immediately to her point.
”We are all bound to make choices that we regret later darling.”
Twilight sighted and looked at the ground.
”I know Rarity.” She then said silently. ”I just wished that Rainbow Dash hadn’t been a part of mine.” A tear fell from Twilights left eye, but Twilight felt much better knowing that Rarity knew about her feelings. She felt a stronger bound to the white pony than ever before.
”You know Rarity?”
”Yes Twilight?”
You know i wouldn’t have made it back there if it weren’t for you.”
”Oh hohoho, no mention of it Darling.” Rarity waved her left hoof about as she said it.
”But i mean it.” Twilight said stronger now. ”Without you lifting the group back there we might have never been able to get this expedition on the road. We might have just continued to live our lives in ponyville without Rainbow Dash. All because of me not being able to hold it together”
Rarity felt that there was a point at the end of Twilights remark
”You words means a lot to me darling, i really do appreciate it. But where are we going with this pardon me for asking?”
Twilight looked at Rarity in the most decisive way she could. Twilight had made her decision.
”I may be the princess of friendship.” Twilight paused. ”But there is only one leader of this expedition. And that leader is YOU Rarity.”
Rarity felt overwhelmed. As a clothing designer she was an artist. She wasn’t a leader, that was somebody else’s job so she could focus in the decor.
”Pardon me for doubting myself and hence also your judgement. But i’m not so sure i’m leader material.”
Twilights answer didn’t hesitate
”But you ARE! Rarity. I heard you back there. You spoke up when nobody else dared. You made ponies believe in something when they couldn’t believe in themselves.” Twilight spoke with passion. It felt good for her to give something to somepony else after her failure. Rarity looked at Twilight and smiled. Only a true friend can trust this kind of responsibility to somepony else. And even though she owned a few of her own shops back in Equestria with contacts in the highest parts of the society she had never felt this privileged in her entire life.
”Thank you Twilight. You are a true friend. And the answer is yes, i Accept! I promise i wont let you down.” Twilight then continued.
”I know there is a lot of responsibility to take in. I was put in the same position when i was made a princess alicorn by Celestia. But i won’t leave you alone. I will help you whenever you need it.
Rarity was about to remark that leading a kingdom was a completely different story than leading a small expedition containing only ponies that knows you. But then Rarity thought that it might not be that different giving that Twilight wasn’t hesitating to put it that way. Rarity felt a acidic nervosity boil up inside her.
’What have i gotten myself into?’ She thought to herself

Chapter 8. A Dash To The Face

Rainbow Dash suddenly felt a strange tinge inside her body. It was like someone was shacking a platform if she had been standing on it. Shacking it fast but not violently. A tickling feeling inside her belly. She still found herself inside the infinite red and white void. By now she have guessed that she must be inside a pokeball. She was about to go back to sleep when she suddenly felt the big infinite space shrink rapidly. There was a big flash of red. She felt the gravity come back. Suddenly she found herself standing in the woods. She knew immediately that this was now the real world. She knew it the same way she knew it when she waked up from a dream. This was also when she realized that that tickling feeling she had felt inside that pokeball had been because she was hungry. But it hadn’t felt like hunger when she was in the pokeball, but now she felt her empty stomach give a large growl as she by instinct started to look around for food, or at least a pile of dried hay would be nice.
’Hayburgers!’ She thought to herself as the image of eating hayburgers with Twilight popped up in her mind.
’Wait a minute?’ She thought before suddenly saying out loud.
”Twilight!”

(2 minutes earlier)
Karl wasn’t sure what would happen once he had released that winged, rainbow colored pony. He was thinking about this as he was picking up her pokeball from his backpack. Bell, which was what Karl called his bellsprout, was looking up at her master. She was worried. The image of that rainbow pony almost knocking Karl’s Blastoise on his back a while back had her imagine the same happening to her master. But Karl knew it had to be done. A Pokeball might have the effect of calming a pokemons senses but it didn’t override the basic needs of the creature. It still needed water, food, entertainment, a sense of self preservation and probably most important of all, love and friendship. Of course Karl didn’t memorize these facts in his head like a book. But Karl was a pokemon master and thus he knew this by instinct.

After Karl had opened the pokeball and released the Rainbow Pony the creature she first didn’t seem to know that he was standing right behind her. She seemed to be looking around for something. Karl thought that this was going to be easy as she didn’t immediately run away like many pokemons do. It was then that Karl heard her speak.
”Twilight!”
This came as a great shock to Karl. It was then he remembered that he had already heard her speak to her friend earlier. That purple friend of hers had really given him a hard time back there.
As he thought about this the Rainbow Pony suddenly turned around and looked at Karl. Karl was about to say hi to the creature when the pony suddenly took flight toward him. He felt her hoof violently slam against his face. He fell backwards and felt his Bellsprout smear out like sandwich butter underneath his back.
Karl reached for his Pidgeot pokeball as he knew that this blue rainbow pony could fly like nothing he had ever seen. He only hoped that pidgeot would be able to keep up.

Rainbow Dash looked behind her when she took of to the sky. She couldn’t see how the trainer would be able to reach her. As she slowed down and soared just above the clouds she felt a change in the wind turbulence. She heard wingbeats behind her. Rainbow Dash took of in a flash. She heard the wingbeats grow stronger. She heard a voice.
”Slow down!”
Rainbow Dash looked to the side and saw the trainer ride a big bird creature. ”I don’t want to hurt you! Please! Be careful with…”
It was then that Rainbow Dash suddenly felt a excruciating pain cut inside her from her right wing root to her brain. As her right wing folded she started plummeting toward the ground spinning in circles. Rainbow Dash was just about to consider herself a dead pony when she felt talons grab her hooves.

As Pidgeot put the rainbow pony back on the ground Karl had the pony’s pokeball ready for immediate callback if she tried to run again. The pony veered her head around and looked angrily at Karl. ’What a stubborn pokemon this is. Even as her wing makes her unable to fly she keeps…” It was in the middle of that thought that the pony suddenly stood up and started running toward the forrest. Her hooves teared up large grass chumps on the way. Karl pointed the pokeball at her and opened it but the red light beam just missed her as the pony jumped in among the dense trees right in between two terrified caterpies. ’Man she can both run and fly this pokemon!’ Karl only became more happy with his catch.

After Karl had his pidgeot bring back the rainbow pony again to him he started talking slowly to the creature. The pony looked at Karl with her white teeth growling at him.
”Listen. I know you are scared and don’t know who i am or where you are. But i am your friend. That wing of yours need to be taken care of or it may never heal. And i got food for you. Look.”
Karl picked up the pokesnacks he kept in his backpack and threw it between him and the pony.

Rainbow Dash looked down at the pathetic excuses for rock candy the pine legged creature had thrown on the ground. She was hungry though. But her pride was hungrier. In one move of her hoof she kicked up a rock that had been halfway imbedded in the muddy ground and chewed it up and swallowed it as she kept her stubborn mask worn when facing the trainer. She felt her stomach try to push up the odd content that it had just received. It was then like her mask had melted on the sides for a brief moment as she subdued her instincts to throw up before immediately going back to stone face angry. She saw the pine legged creature laugh for a brief moment. This only made her more angry. She didn’t realize that the mud on her face from the rock combined with her over the top expression made her look almost like a totem pole. The creature then laughed even harder.

Karl decided to keep the pony outside her pokeball for the night. He needed it to get used to his presence if he ever wanted it to trust him.
Rainbow Dash was laying nearby where the trainer had made his fire. She would patiently wait for the trainer to fall asleep before making her escape.

Rainbow Dash waked up in the middle of the night. Her body was shaking. The cold wind made the trees sway against the starry night sky. Rainbow Dash thought it must have been close to 0 degrees. Her right wing laid limply on the side. If she walked away from here now she would be all alone in the cold forrest without knowing where Twilight is and without being able to fly. She looked toward the burning warm fireplace with sleeping bags laid out on the ground

Karl was just about to fall asleep when he heard hooves on the ground. He knew to keep his reactions cool as the rainbow pokemon sat down on the other side of the fireplace. After what must have been a half hour of silently giving each other subtle looks Karl asked.
”Do you want a sleeping bag?”
Rainbow Dash didn’t move an inch of her face. But her eyes wailed around toward the trainer. At least he wasn’t making her slam into a hard shell she thought to herself.
”Sure”. She said barely hearable
”What you say?” Karl didn’t quite hear
”Sure!” Rainbow Dash answered grumpily.
With a short swop of his arm Karl hurled a bag over to the rainbow pony. With her hooves she swooped the bag over her blue body and wings. It was another 15 minutes before Karl asked.
”What kind of pokemon are you?”
Rainbow Dash was about to scream to the mumbling fool that she wasn’t a pokemon. But then she realized that that would mean having long philosophical discussion of what a pokemon really is, and that felt like a boring Twilight lesson to Rainbow Dash. Instead she just answered.
”I’m Rainbow Dash”
Karl lowered his head into his bag.
”And i’m a human. And my name is Karl. Nice to meet you Rainbow Dash.”
Rainbow Dash was about to try and connect in her brain the reality of having your Blastoise tortoise monster fire water balls in your face and the phrase ’Nice to meet you’. But instead she just fell asleep.

Chapter 9. Dash To Basics

It was still cold outside when Rainbow Dash woke up. The fireplace was still warming. She guessed that her human captor named Karl had kept it alive for a while after she had fallen asleep. She threw her head around and saw Karl sleeping like a little filly, his Bellsprout was lying beside him. She looked on her right at her bad wing. It looked alright but it still felt numb. She didn’t dare to try and use it.
’Well? I guess its time to get out of here.’ She thought. Silently she got up on her hoofs, careful not to step on any twigs. After she had made her way into the forrest Rainbow Dash suddenly realized how tall the trees where. It felt like they where shutting themselves on top of her as their big crowns where almost to big and heavy for their own good. The forrest looked like it would stretch for miles and the sounds from rodents in the bushes and singing bird monsters resonated within its space. Rainbow Dash told herself that this would be her great test in Johto. She would cross this forrest from this point until it’s end. She told herself that she would do it for Twilight and the rest of her friends, the same way she had once told herself that she would fly till the end of the sky for her tortoise pet at home in Equestria. But as Rainbow Dash was getting ready to take her first step something in her stirred. She first could’t get a grasp on what it was. She told herself that it was nothing, but then she realized that the reason for this was because she was ashamed of what it was. She felt bad for him. She felt bad for Karl. ’He’s been so nice to me and i just rise up and go…’ Rainbow Dash cut the thought. She cursed herself and continued trotting. The mirroring tree rows seemed like they would go on forever. She stopped again. ’He didn’t seem all that bad’. She thought to herself. She looked back. The smoke from the fireplace was rising for the sky but she was still tethered to the ground. ’And on top of that…’ She thought. ’I may need his help to know where i must go’. The long empty forrest crossing all alone didn’t seem all that inviting anymore. She trotted back to the camp

After she had gotten some more sleep she opened her eyes and found herself laying on her belly. It was then she realized that something was moving on her bad wing. She looked to the right. It was Karl. He had cut away some of the blue feathers and was tending for a big wound that had been hiding underneath. Rainbow Dash gave a long tired sigh and curled herself.
”No. Lay still.” Karl urged
Rainbow Dash did as he said. She was to morning tired to be stubborn.
”You really know how to fly with these. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone fly as you do.” Karl remarked.
Rainbow Dash was still hesitant to give in to flattery by somepony, or ”someone” as he put it, who had just taken her by force. On the other hoof, to be perfectly fair, she wasn’t all that to hesitant to use force herself to get what she wanted.
”Yea, I am pretty awesome.” She muttered after giving a small laugh.
Karl was taken a back by Rainbow Dash’s unsubdued self praise. She had seemed to be so shy until now. Karl had once been a kindergarten employee and knew from experience that bragging is not to be subdued, but taken care of for good use to boost confidence.
”Hehe. Yea. You really gave my Blastoise a fight to remember. In fact, i believe that with some training you could become almost unstoppable. Maybe even give MewTwo a run for his money.”
”MewTwo?” Rainbow Dash asked
”MewTwo is a psychic pokemon. He is said to be the most powerful pokemon in the world. But right now he is a pacifist, as far as i know.”
”Pacifist?” Rainbow Dash asked.
”He doesn’t fight anymore” Karl answered.
”Thats so lame” Rainbow Dash boomed in her tired whisper range.
Karl laughed. ”Well. Some prefer it that way. Now. Try and raise your wing Rainbow Dash.”
Rainbow Dash tried to raise her wing. It felt much better after Karl had banded it.
”Thats it. Try not to use it for heavy things for a while. A couple of days from now you will be ready for the training.”
”Training?” Rainbow Dash asked
”Training for the Johto league. It’s a pokemon tournament. All the best trainer with their pokemons will be competing there in front of big crowds of people.”
”People?”
Karl laughed. ”Humans.” He then answered. ”It’s a big event. Came all the way to semi final a couple of years ago. This year i’m aiming for victory.”
Karl stared dreamily into nothing as he said this.
”I have always dreamt of winning a big tournament. And after this year everyone is going to know my name. And your name. Rainbow Dash. If you are ready and willing to be my pokemon champion that is”
Rainbow Dash didn’t know what to feel. She really wanted to get back to Twilight more than anything right now. But she couldn’t lie to herself. The thought of slamming a big bully monster to the dust and get rounds of cheers for it sounded totally awesome. She decided that at least she could do is se what this ’training’ talk was all about. What could she be needing training for? She already knew that she was the most awesome pony ever.

Three days had passed and Rainbow Dash had grown all her feathers back and didn’t need her bandage anymore. She where now standing in front of Karl faced against a plain field of grass.
”Alright. Hitmonchan, come on out!” Karl shouted as he threw a pokeball.
There was a flash of red. A skinny two legged creature with boxing gloves on its arms came out. It hit the thin air a couple of times as it looked ready for whatever.
Rainbow Dash felt her stomach turn inside out. She burst out in a raspy laughter.
”OaHahahahahah… Hit…monchan! You’re kidding me right? What kind of a name is that?!” Rainbow Dash boxed the air as she said ’Hit’ in the sentence.  
Hitmonchan didn’t show any sign of emotion. Instead he just boomed.
”Hitmonchan!”
There was a sudden blur in the air. He was moving so fast that he seemed to almost materialize in front of Rainbow Dash. Her laughter face was reconstructed into a boat like shape as Hitmonchan’s glove slammed into it. She fell backwards onto the grass.
”Hitmonchan!” The creature repeated.
Karl then said calmly. ”Well. I guess we could go over the bad and the good sides of taunting tactics later. Till then, lets call this a warmup lesson, shall we?”
”Hitmonchan.” The creature said again
”Bellsprout!” Bell said.
”aaah…” Rainbow Dash mumbled

”Alright. Lets do some flying. Show me what you can do Rainbow Dash!”
Rainbow Dash rocketed into the air. Karl was already thinking about what phrases he would use for this completely unknown pokemon.
”Alright! Rainbow Dash. When i say hoof punch you go for a hoof punch. Hitmonchan. Use block when she comes”
”Hitmonchan!” Hitmonchan answered.
Rainbow Dash was high above tree level when Karl gave the command.
”Alright. Rainbow Dash! hoof punch!”
Rainbow Dash came down like a meteor. There was a loud bang as Hitmonchan blocked Rainbow Dash’s hoof punch. She circled around.
”Alright. Lets try again! Rainbow Dash. Another hoof punch!”
They did the same thing about six times
”Alright. Lets try something else. Rainbow Dash, i’m going to say hoof punch again, but then when you are about to throw the punch i am going to say ’Evade’ meaning that you cancel it and change flight course to the side. Understood?!”
Rainbow Dash didn’t quite understand. Couldn’t she herself decide wether a move was good or bad? She was the one doing it after all. But she liked the confidence and authority of Karl.
”Yes sir” She said.
”Good.”
They did that 4 times. Rainbow Dash going for a punch but evading in the last minute after Karl had given the command.
They where about to do it for the fifth time when Rainbow Dash had a struck of genius. She waited for the word.
”Alright. Rainbow Dash. Hoof punch!”
Rainbow Dash was almost down on Hitmonchan when Karl said.
”Rainbow Dash. Evade!”
But Rainbow Dash kept on going. Hitmonchan was about to block her punch when she changed position and went for a leg kick at the last second. Hitmonchan was still able to block but was 2caught unaware. He fell down to his knees after the eco of the bang had faded. ’Hah. Sweet revenge’ Rainbow Dash thought. She now looked at Karl as she was waiting for him to tell her how awesome she was.
Karl really admired this pokemon. She was fast and had fighting spirit. He sensed that she had the potential to go far. But this also meant that he had to be firm with her when she didn’t listen.
”Rainbow Dash. Why didn’t you do what i told you to do?” There was a slight edge in his voice.
”But did you see that? Wasn’t that kick awesome?!” Rainbow Dash was in ecstasy. Karl lowered his vocal tone and made it stronger now.
”Rainbow Dash. I am now going to tell you whats going to happen now.”
Rainbow Dash seemed to listen. Karl continued.
”When you and i have our first battle together, may it be next month, may it be next week, may it be tomorrow, it may even be today, the other challenging trainer is going to throw out a pokeball containing 1 of 802 pokemons. Now. Neither you or i will have any idea what that pokemon will be. That pokemon can be an electric pokemon that can run hundreds of amps through your body, it can be a fire pokemon capable of setting your wings on fire, it can be and ice pokemon that can freeze you into a solid ice block. It can even be a psychic pokemon like MewTwo capable of making you forget who you are.”
Rainbow Dash felt smaller and smaller the further he talked. Karl continued.
”Now i like your spirit Rainbow Dash. And i want you to do you, thats the way we are going to win our battles. But we have to be unison on what that is Rainbow Dash. As a pokemon trainer its my responsibility to make sure that you don’t spend a year in the pokemon infirmary.”
Rainbow Dash felt like Rainbow Crash. She was at a total loss for words. Karl continued.
”Now of course there will be time for experimentation later. But until then, when i say ’Evade’. you ’EVADE’. Understood?!”
Rainbow Dash imagined hundreds amps of electricity running through her body. She understood.
”Yes. I understand. Sorry Karl.” Rainbow Dash’s ears hanged at her sides. She lowered her head.
”No need for apologize Rainbow Dash. I am your trainer and you are my pokemon. Its our jobs to communicate these things. I do like your spirit though. You will become a powerful pokemon.”
In this moment Rainbow Dash was thinking about Twilight and her other pony friends. She still wanted to get back to them. But why did she hesitate to tell Karl how she felt? Why didn’t she tell him that she wasn’t a pokemon realy? Nothing he had said and done so far, except maybe that Blastoise fight, suggested that he would be against it if she did. Rainbow Dash felt her brain go numb as she thought about this. The only thing that cleared her brain now was when she imagined the booming arena sound of cheering people after she had just slammed a monster to the ground.

Rumble At The Meadow

It had been a wonder for Fluttershy to walk around in the lightly tree filled meadow within the Johto forrest. The bright yellow pegasus pony had been hearing all sorts of discussions going on between pigeots that have just meet and become friends, caterpies charing the latest gossip, digletts having discussions about what their trainer will be like if they ever get captured. It was apparent to Fluttershy that the pokemons living in this world had been accustomed to getting caught. It was a strange thing to imagine that getting caught was somehow part of the way of life for any creature. But Fluttershy didn’t judge. She had been hearing what animals say since she was a little filly. She was now having a conversation with two butterfrees.
“So you see. Thats how you always do when you don’t know if the other is listening to you. Just tell the other how you feel and he will surely do the same to you. Before you know it you will be solving your problems together.”
Fluttershy was speaking with a kind and soft voice. The butterfrees couldn't believe that they actually once had considered using their sleeping dust on this flying pony when she had first arrived.
Fluttershy was on her own little safari away from the others. She figured that since the group hadn’t had much luck tracking down the trainer that took Rainbow Dash she might as well try her own approach.
“Now. I just have a innsy winnsy tiny question.” Fluttershy pardoned.
“You don’t happen to have come across a pokemon trainer with a brown hat and a dark blue vest followed by a Bellsprout, have you?” Fluttershy had by now learned the name of almost every pokemon present in this region of Johto from her conversations with them.
The butterfrees was about to tell her to beware of some other trainers nearby when there was sounds of twigs cracking in the denser part of the meadow. The butterfrees fled. Fluttershy flung her head around toward the sound. The unusually scaredy pony was already terrified. ‘Who's there!’ She almost exclaimed but cut her breath at the last moment. In one swoop with her wings she soared down behind some bushes.

‘Now this looks like the perfect spot!’ Brock thought to himself.

‘Oh no! He is going to hunt for a pokemon. He is going to capture the poor little butterfrees...’ Her face then turned pure terror as her thought finished ‘He is going to capture poor me!’

“Alright. Here we go!” Brock said out load to himself.

Fluttershy felt her heart stop.

“Time to make some COOKING!” Brock exclaimed happily. He then threw on a way to small white big mama cooking canvas. He pulled out a mobile kitchen and frying pan from his backpack.
“Misty is going to love my newest rice recipe. Cheese filled rice balls with fried onions!”

Fluttershy gave a small sigh of releaf. She didn’t notice the twigs laying right behind her as she put her back hoof down.

Brock turned his head toward the cracking sound that seemed to be coming from behind the bushes. Curious he dropped his things and went to check what it was

Fluttershy's heart where racing so fast she could feel her head thumping.
‘He is going to eat me!’ She thought. ‘He is going to cook a Fluttershy rice ball with onion flavor!’

Brock stared curiously at the bright yellow and winged pony creature he had found behind the bushes. She scrunched her body so low on the ground that she almost buried herself inside it’s roots. She looked at him with big eyes and was shacking uncontrollably. Brock was about to wonder what rare pokemon this could be when he suddenly had a struck of déjà vu. He remembered that white pokemon named Rarity that he had meet a couple of months earlier. Somehow this seemed to be the same type of pokemon, except this one had wings.
“Hey, hey. Don't be scared.” He said in a whisper as he went into squatting.
The creature seemed even more scared than before. Brock had an idea.
“Here. Have some rice balls.”

Fluttershy calmed down a little when the human offered her food. He seemed to be a nice trainer to Fluttershy. But she still felt herself react to every sudden movement made by the human. She stood up. She tasted the rice ball from the humans hand. Fluttershy can’t remember ever tasting something so good. She enjoyed it as much as she could while still being terrified to the bone.
“Here have another one.” The human said and pulled out another rice ball.

Twilight Sparkle where out looking for Fluttershy when her heart suddenly stopped. Right in front of her beside some bushes she saw Fluttershy standing in front of a human. The human had just pulled out a white pokeball from his pockets!

There was a loud laser sound in the air. Brocks face was stuck in it’s happy offering position as his body with white canvas and everything had been trapped inside a bright lavender crystal. The rice ball went rolling down a hill behind him.
“Fluttershy!” Twilight shouted. “Get away from there. There might be more of them.”
Suddenly there was a voice behind Twilight.

“Brock! Im here. I can’t what to taste what you have cooked...” Misty felt her words jam inside her throat. Right in front of her Brock was frozen inside a crystal of some sort with two strange pony creatures with odd tattoos on their flanks standing beside him. Misty, being a woman of action, didn’t ask any questions.
“Don’t worry Brock. I’ll save you!”
She grabbed a small pokeball from her pocket. She pushed the button in the middle. The pokeball grew to it’s normal size.
“Lets Show them Totodile!” Misty shouted and threw the pokeball. The water reptile came out in a red flash. “Totodile. Water cannon!”
Twilight gave a gurgling sound as the water hit her in the mane. She grabbed the water current with her horn magic and made it veer of to the side. Totodile paused
“Totodile! Again! keep it flowing.” Misty commanded.
Twilight grabbed the water again and this time had it veer of to the sky. It seemed like the rain was falling on a cloudless sunny day. Fluttershy was paralyzed. Everything seemed to happen at once to her.
Twilight used her teleportation spell and teleported herself in front of Fluttershy to protect her. There where sounds of bushes being torn everywhere by the force of stray water being flung all over the place. Some of the trees were dropping water from its branches. The roaring sound of Totodile burping out the water stream and Twilights grunting echoed through the usualy quiet meadow. Twilight decided that defense wasn’t good enough. She fired a throwing spell toward Totodile. Totodile was thrown back several feet by it’s force. Twilight, her white teeth growling, fired several more shot. She wasn’t going to let Fluttershy be captured. Not her to. This time she rather be taken herself! Totodile jumped up to the air as he dodged Twilights shots. Rocks that where hit flung of into the woods behind them and bushes was torn from their roots by Twilights alicorn magic.

After what only felt like a couple of minutes of fighting but was really close to twenty Twilight and Totodile where breathing so heavily that neither of them had the strength to make a move.
“Totodile. Come back!” Misty shouted as she called back her tired pokemon.
Twilight fell down to her four hooves. She was ready for the pokeball to be flung at her. She just hoped that the others would make it without her. Misty reached down in her pocket for the pokeball containing her squirtle when there was a roar in the air.
“STOP! Cant you se you are DESTROYING THE FORREST WITH ITS ANIMALS!” Fluttershy have had enough.
Misty should have been shocked that the pokemon was talking. But it was the hard glaring eyes of it that made her muscles freeze. Now she where the one being paralyzed. Suddenly Misty felt like her arms where being glued to her body

Apple Jack flung the rope. The seasoned rodeo pony hit her mark bullseye. Within a second the female trainer where tied up.
“Twilight. Fluttershy! Are you alright? We heard the fighting.” She said worried and barely understandable behind her thick country accent.
Twilight stood up with her hooves shacking. She took a deep breath.
“Huh. Im alright. Fluttershy?”
Fluttershy was about to roar that she was not alright, thinking of all the pokemon rodents having to move after living under those torn bushes. But she didn’t want to be rude to her friends clearly being worried for her.
“Im okay. Apple Jack. Thanks. And thank you Twilight. I don’t know what i would have done without you.”
“And i don’t know what i would have done without you Fluttershy. Im sorry that the animals was trapped in the crossfire.”
“Oh, it’s always painful. But sometimes it just happens. The important thing is to not ignore it.” Fluttershy said resolute.
Suddenly they heard Rarity shouting.
“Wait! Girls. He’s a friend!”
Rarity was looking at Brook. Brock was unable to give back to Rarity for covering for him in his crystalized state. But at least Brocks frozen hand previously holding a rise ball almost looked like it was saying hello.

Chapter 11. Ms Pinkiemon Pie

“I am so sorry that i froze you Brock. I didn’t realize that you wanted my friend no harm” Twilight apologized.
“It was a misunderstanding.” Brock said in the manliest voice he could. He admired the purple pony and her fighting spirit when she stood up for her friend, even if that had been the reason Twilight had turned him into a Brook museum exhibition during her fight with Misty. Twilight continued.
“Also I'm sorry that i gave your Totodile such a hard time. I hope he is alright.” Twilight said as she turned to Misty.
“It’s alright purple pony. I was about to run him through a training session anyway.” Misty answered as she curved her body in womanly fashion.
Fluttershy gave Misty a withering look. She didn’t like her hoity toity ways. Her friend Rarity had the same ways granted, but in Misty's case she found them to be ignorant. Or maybe she was still angry after the whole meadow thing. She told herself to keep her emotions in check. She didn’t want to embarrass her friends.
“...More like a Lavender colour.” Rarity corrected nicely as a answer to the remark regarding Twilights color. “And i believe that you should ask her for her name darling.” Rarity was having a girl conversation with Misty. Even though Misty was a human dressed in a rags Rarity could see that she was a lady underneath.
“Thats right. Maybe i should tell you who we are.”Twilight corrected herself.” First of all we have me. Hi! I am Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship, and these are my friends! Girls?” Twilight looked at her pony friends.
“Apple Jack is my name. Been a rodeo pony and farmer for most of my days.” Apple Jack crossed her right hoof in front of her left and put on the modest rodeo girl smile she could.
“And I’m Rarity. But you know me already Brock. Nice to meet you to Misty.”
“And I'm Fluttershy.” Fluttershy said softly. She felt like she had more to say, but she couldn’t bring herself to say it right now.
“And i’m Pinkie Pie!” Pinkie pie boomed as she was jumping up and down.
So much camping, traveling and fighting had been going on since the pink earth pony had come to Johto that she hadn’t really had a chance to do something fun. True, she still had her friends to get reactions from, but it was more fun to meet new ponies, or humans in this case. Everyone is a potential friend to Pinkie Pie. And all Pinkie Pie ever wanted was to se her friends smile. Without smiles Pinkie Pie felt her life being incomplete. And now as she was jumping up and down like she was on a trampoline in front of the first two friendly humans the mane 6 had met since their arrival to Johto she felt her passion rise again. The party pony sensed that balloons where about to be popped. She said everything following in one breath.
“You know. Now when you know who we are and we know who you are we could have this BIG party. A welcome to be my friend party and THEN we can celebrate the monthly anniversary friendship between Rarity and Brock. Ooo... And while we’re at it we can plan for the BIRTHDAY of Brock 40 moons from now... although it is only one day from Jared’s Raritys OTHER friend’s birthday so maybe we should check and see if we can’t have two parties followed by one BIG PARTY. Ohh. This is so exiting. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!”
Pinkie pie then took a deep breath as if she was going to suck up the air supply for the entire Johto region. “Friendship strike! Yipeee hi hi hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!” There was confetti popping out of nowhere as she got to the last part.
The other ponies smiled normally toward Pinkie Pie. They knew her. Misty started jumping up and down with excitement. Brocks mouth was hanging limply wide open. He was in complete awe.
“Wow Pinkie Pie. How can you possibly know MY birthday?! I never told Rarity. Did i?” He said.
“I have my sources.” Pinkie Pie gave Brock a confident look. That look immediately widened again to happy face as she continued. “You know? All we really need to do now is to find our other friend Rainbow Dash and the party not be COMPLETELY in bad taste.” Pinkie pie lowered her head and looked sad after she said the last part. The difference between now and how she was 10 seconds ago made it almost look parody.
“Who is Rainbow Dash?” Brock asked.
“Our other friend.” Rarity broke in. “She is a pegasus pony.”
Rarity looked at Twilight. Rarity felt like Twilight should tell the next part herself.
“She was captured by a pokemon trainer during a...” Twilight took a deep breath. “Expedition. I wasn’t able to protect her.”
“You mean she was captured in a Pokeball?” Brock asked.
Twilight nodded.
A question that had been inside Brocks brain for a while suddenly came back to him. Brock needed to word this the right way if it was not to be taken personally.
“Pardon me for asking maybe a personal question. Rarity told me about your world a while ago and I have been thinking about this since it’s been clear that you Equestria ponies can be captured inside pokeballs. But do you think that you ARE pokemons? Cause as far as i know only pokemons can reside inside pokeballs?”
Twilight looked at Brock with enthusiasm. “Well thats exactly why i began my expedition...” The other ponies looked at each other, they knew what was coming.
“...You see. It depends on how you look at it. As far as i know there has been no documented gene sharing in-between dimensions. Although there have been documented travels in-between dimensions like this one. But there has been no documented proof of the inter dimensional chromosomes finding harmony with the imperfect time cells being in the way of the long term adaptation of reproduction cycles...”
Brocks face was stuck in a odd smiling position as Twilight just kept on going. ”...Although that rule CAN be broken by the possibility of supernovas in the time space IN-BETWEEN the dimensions giving that there is a physical factor connecting them...” Twilight paused. She now noticed the still faces of the others. “...But then i was only looking at birds... Hehehe.” Twilights white teeth smiled at Brock. Despite Twilights ‘episode’ the other ponies and humans looked wonderingly at each other. Apple Jack then broke in.
“Whatever Twilight said... that main part of it, being if we have pokemon blood or not... That is an interesting question.” Apple Jack said. Growing up on a farm, bloodlines and family ties had always been important to her.
“So you mean that we could have been talking pokemons in Equestria the whole time?” Rarity was saying while putting on a fake smile.
The thought that she the whole time had been an animal just thinking it is an sophisticated modern lady was making her absolutely horrified underneath her social mask.
“Oh, but it is interesting indeed. I mean, who would not want to be a cute little animal?” Fluttershy said. Her small mouth jutting forward as she looked more innocent than ever made her almost look like a sheep with yellow wool.
Everyone seemed to agree that the question was interesting. Everyone that is, except Pinkie Pie, who looked confounded at both her old and new friends.
“Does that really matter?” She asked herself out loud.

The group had set up camp for the night underneath a big tree. The sun was still out but was about to set as the horizon where turning red. Brock was making rice balls for the entire group. It had been Fluttershy that had convinced him. “I know the last time wasn’t the most pleasant for you. But i would be really, REALY happy if you could make me those rice balls again.” She had pleaded to him looking cuter than ever.
Brock was more than happy to do it. In fact, as far as Brock knew, it would have been easier for him to break out of Twilights crystal than saying no to Fluttershy.
While Brock was cooking Fluttershy was having an interesting conversation with a couple of beedrills inside the tree crown. Twilight and Rarity where having a private conversation a bit to the side from the others.
“Do you think they can help us?” Twilight asked Rarity. She then looked at the humans named Brock and Misty.
“I don’t think we have much of a choice.” Rarity said. ”They know the land. We should probably do a rundown with them of all the possible places we could find this trainer with brown hat and dark blue west.”
Fluttershy flew down and joined them.
“Girls. I have received some interesting information from the beedrills in the tree.”
Twilight and Rarity looked at Fluttershy in wonder. Brock where also listening now. ‘If anyone could have found out where to find this trainer it would be Fluttershy talking to the animals.’ Twilight and Rarity both thought to themselves.
But the information they where about to receive was not to be the one they expected.
“I don’t know if you ever heard about this group calling themselves Team Rocket?” Fluttershy asked. Brock was suddenly alert, his answer didn’t hesitate.
“A bad lot! Thats what they are. Stealing other trainers pokemons. They are nothing more than bunch of criminals.” Brock was about to continue his rant when he saw that Fluttershy was eager to continue. “Oh. Sorry.” He said looking at her. Fluttershy then continued.
“I heard that there was a break in inside one of their bases. Apparently hundreds upon hundreds of pokeballs where stolen.”
Twilight looked at Rarity with a frowned face. Twilight was now trusting Rarity to take on the leadership she had given her. Rarity didn’t hesitate to oblige.
“Fluttershy. We really appreciate this information and you’re doing a great job getting it. But i don't believe this is really our business. We should focus on finding Rainbow Dash.” Rarity raised her head high as she said that last part. She imagined herself being the fabulous princess Rarity of Canterlot.
“...But Rarity. It is rumored that the thief was an unicorn. Like you and Twilight.” Fluttershy ended.
Twilight was suddenly alert. She galloped in front of Fluttershy pushing the fabulous princess Rarity of Canterlot screaming into some bushes.
“Did you get a description?!” Twilight asked in panic.
“No i didn’t. Apparently they only saw the silhouette. But they where SURE that it was a unicorn.” Fluttershy said firmly.
The fact that only a silhouette had been seen didn’t ease the dark panic rising inside Twilight. Could it be that they where not the only ones that had come to Johto knowing about the power of the pokeballs?
‘Equestria is in danger!’ Twilight thought to herself as she imagined the entire ponyville population in the form of pokeballs inside a locked storage room.
“When did this happen?!” Twilight asked.
“Apparently it happened about a month ago.”
“A month!!!” Twilight exclaimed so the entire Johto forrest could hear her. “But that was weeks BEFORE we got here! How could someone possibly have known?”
“And how could they have gotten here without Discords help?” Fluttershy also asked.
Rarity was now joining them. She gave Twilight a withering look. Twilight smiled widely at Rarity.

Meanwhile Pinkie Pie was having her own discussion with Totodile, Misty's pokemon. Both Brock and Misty had let out some of their pokemons for socializing.
“So you’re saying that you could jump all the way from that tree branch to that other tree branch on ONE swoop!” Pinkie Pie was entertaining the bragging reptile.
“Totodile!” Totodile answered proudly.
“Wooooooh” Pinkie Pie said. “That is waaaaaay further than i would do. Maybe we should have a jumping contest?!” Pinkie Pie said happily as she started jumping up and down.
Totodile closed his eyes and smiled at the pink pony.
“Totodile!” He answered
Pinkie Pie face suddenly looked determined. She stopped jumping.
“You know what?” She said firmly “Who cares if we are pokemons or not! We can be anything that we want to be. We can all be both pokemons AND ponies at the same time. Wouldn’t you say Totodile?”
“Totodile!” Totodile answered approvingly
“Pinkie Pie!” Pinkie Pie answered
“Totodile!” Totodile repeated. Pinkie Pie laughed.
“Pinkie Pie! Pinkie Pie!” She started jumping again.
“Tooooooootodiiiile.” Totodile surfed the only word he knew.
Now Pinkie Pie started moving forward slowly while jumping. With every jump she chanted her name on beat.
“Pinkie Pie... Pinkie Pie... Pinkie Pie... Pinkie Pie...” Totodile followed her.
“Totodile... Totodile... Totodile... Totodile...”
There suddenly was a voice behind Totodile.
“Squirtle... Squirtle... Squirtle... Squirtle...” Misty small tortoise pokemon was right behind Totodile.
One after one the other pokemons followed. Misty and Brock watched in surprise as the rest of their pokeballs in their backpacks opened by themselves. Soon the air echoed with the blurring sound of 20 or so pokemons chanting their names while dancing in line behind the pink leader pony. Brock’s onix towered over all of them like a happy mountain.
“Onix... Onix... Onix...” His voice made the ground shake.

Twilight looked at Rarity in surprise. They smiled at each other. ‘No one can shake up the tension like Pinkie Pie can.’ Both of them thought to each other. Suddenly Rarity had an idea. She turned to Twilight. The following two minutes they laid the groundwork for a plan.

“You want ME to infiltrate Team Rocket?” Pinkie Pie said surprised.
Rarity and Twilight looked at each other and nodded.
Rarity then told Pinkie Pie what the beedrills had told Fluttershy.
“So you see Pinkie Pie.” Rarity was saying. “You are by far the best actor in the group. If anyone can pull this off it will be you! All you need to do is to convince them that you are a rare talking pokemon willing to show them where the rest of your kind lives and they are going to want and get on your good side.”
Twilight then continued “While you’re in there you with your friend making skills should have no problem to track down someone who knows more about the mystical unicorn that broke in to their facility.”
Pinkie Pie looked skeptical.
“I don’t know. Sounds risky.”
“Not at all Pinkie Pie.” Rarity said. ”All you need to do is be yourself. You are going to throw those criminals off their game like nobody else could!” Rarity said the last part dramatically. She then insured Pinkie Pie. “Don’t worry. We will be keeping watch outside the facility ready to intervene of things go south.“ Rarity paused. ”So? Will you do this for Johto and Equestria?”
Pinkie Pie wasn’t the best at carrying responsibility. But she imagined the loneliness she would feel back home in Equestria if everyone had been trapped inside pokeballs. Pinkie Pies face then hardened into determination.
“The answer is YES. I promise i won't let you down!”
She then put her hoof above her head and gave salute. In her mind she was now ms Pinkiemon Pie, a private spy ready for her next orders.

/ Work in progress

Edited by Moon Flame