Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ancient Archeology: A Daring Do Adventure [Orchestral]

Michael Picher

Ok. 

FIrst off, epic atmosphere in this piece. I love that setup you had starting with the horns, leading to the solo flute into the passage where you play around the Phygian Harmonic Dominant (AKA the 5th mode of the harmonic minor scale). 

Tiny little nitpick, you may wanna up the volume around the 2:50 mark, those pizzicato strings were pretty soft. Also, was hoping for a little more on the conclusion of the piece. Personally, a fast escape section would pretty much suit this piece for a nice ending. 

All in all, it's a great piece, but watch your energy at certain points of the piece. 

2 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Ok. 

FIrst off, epic atmosphere in this piece. I love that setup you had starting with the horns, leading to the solo flute into the passage where you play around the Phygian Harmonic Dominant (AKA the 5th mode of the harmonic minor scale). 

Tiny little nitpick, you may wanna up the volume around the 2:50 mark, those pizzicato strings were pretty soft. Also, was hoping for a little more on the conclusion of the piece. Personally, a fast escape section would pretty much suit this piece for a nice ending. 

All in all, it's a great piece, but watch your energy at certain points of the piece. 

Thanks for the thorough review! I'll definitely keep those points in mind, when I start on my next piece.

Just now, Michael Picher said:

Thanks for the thorough review! I'll definitely keep those points in mind, when I start on my next piece.

No prob, when creating an idea for a composition, create an "energy map". This way, you can keep notes of high, mid, and low energy points.

Just now, C. Thunder Dash said:

No prob, when creating an idea for a composition, create an "energy map". This way, you can keep notes of high, mid, and low energy points.

That's actually a great idea! Thanks!