Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

text and links not showing if image is in signature

Sphinx-Ara

I've got a image on my signature but also some text and a link, but when I view it on my posts, it only shows the image...but when I go to the edit signature part, it shows up with the link and text...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That's because signatures have a total height limit of 200 pixels. :twi: 

That means, that everything exceeding that height will be simply cut-off.

For example, you can put multiple lines of text and even though it all will be visible in the editor, it will only show the first 200 pixels (height) in the posts.

Your image has height of 200 pixels, but since it's an attachment, it gets few extra pixels for borders (attachments have that tiny gray border around the image). As a result, even the image itself is cut off. You can see the bottom border being cut-off when you'll zoom up:

Spoiler

zmECMFY.png

~And everything past that point (text and link in your case) is 'eaten' as well.

You'll have to consider using smaller images in order to save some space for text and links. :) 

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 3

Would you be willing to take a screenshot of how your signature field appears when you try to edit it? This is one of those cases where having a visual demonstration is helpful for determining what might be amiss.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Rikifive said:

That's because signatures have a total height limit of 200 pixels. :twi: 

That means, that everything exceeding that height will be simply cut-off.

For example, you can put multiple lines of text and even though it all will be visible in the editor, it will only show the first 200 pixels (height) in the posts.

Your image has height of 200 pixels, but since it's an attachment, it gets few extra pixels for borders (attachments have that tiny gray border around the image). As a result, even the image itself is cut off. You can see the bottom border being cut-off when you'll zoom up:

Hide contents

zmECMFY.png

~And everything past that point (text and link in your case) is 'eaten' as well.

You'll have to consider using smaller images in order to save some space for text and links. :) 

This is completely accurate. The text editor is set differently than what is displayed after you save your settings. I could be wrong since I usually use mobile ... but I believe if I still have my Rarity signature on you will see another example of this -- unless I removed it last time I was on my laptop. 

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Yellow Diamond said:

Would you be willing to take a screenshot of how your signature field appears when you try to edit it? This is one of those cases where having a visual demonstration is helpful for determining what might be amiss.

They need to increase the size of the signature display div when they get around to it. 

• Brohoof 2