Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pick 6 Ponies to Save the World With! (2017 Edition - read OP for rules)

TailsIsNotAlone

I created the first version of this thread WAY back in 2013 and it was a blast. Now that the show is in its 7th season and so many interesting new characters have come along, I think it could be even more fun now, so I'm bringing it back! Not sure how the mods would feel about me bumping a four-year-old thread, even if it's mine...so I'll start a new one just to be safe.

The real world, Equestria, or both are in danger. You must lead a rag-tag group of FIVE MLP: FIM characters on an RPG-like quest to save the day. Here are the rules!

You may pick:

1. ONE of the Mane Six.

2. ONE non-Mane Six unicorn, earth pony or pegasus.

3. ONE minor villain. (Can be reformed, or not; your choice.)

4. ONE stallion.

5. ONE background pony.

6. ONE non-pony character. (No OCs, EQG characters, or major villains allowed)

I will brohoof anyone who also posts good reasons for each of their picks (like what special abilities this character has, what he or she adds to the team, etc). Have at it, my friends!

• Brohoof 3

I love making lists like this you have no idea. On to said list-

1. Pinkie Pie - the ultimate choice for maintaining morale, potentially the most important trait there is.

2. Starlight Glimmer - by far the most powerful non-alicorn we've seen.

3. Sunset Shimmer - another powerful unicorn and one with knowledge of other worlds + a strong sense of justice.

4. Flash Sentry - our team needs a pegasus and he presumably has been trained for combat.

5. Lyra Heartstrings - idk i just like her lol

6. Zecora - perfect as a team doctor and her wisdom is essential.

• Brohoof 1

@TailsIsNotAlone

I don't want to pick choices that have already been chosen, so here are my choices:

1.Fluttershy (Can be Leader of the 5 man band, Kindness and IMO, has best character development other than RD)

2.Snails (In tune with his magic due to never really thinking about it.... ever! Can be the Heart of the team, being the calm one.)

3. Lightening Dust (hasn't been seen or mentioned, since her one-shot in Wonderbolts Academy, can be the Foil to the Leader of Fluttershy. Helps balance out her shyness)

4. Big McIntosh (can be the Big Guy of the team due to his strength; other canidates were already chosen by other [Flash Sentry, Sunburst] ;or despite their need for character development that I would want to see, they likely wouldn't be able to do much [Sorry, Zephyr Breeze and Feather Bangs. I still root for your successes, though]

5.Time Turner/ Doctor Whooves (the Smart Guy. Even if he can't time-travel, his knowledge can be a great asset)

6. Thorax (pre-king) (The Sixth Ranger. Can go undercover due to his Changeling abilities.)

What do you think? Did I bring a nice variety to the team?

• Brohoof 1

1. Fluttershy - She can look after everypony, amazing death stare, animal army XD

2. Daring Do - she can fly, she's epic and come on, can't you see what she can daring do? :P

3. Starlight Glimmer - Powerful magic.... yup XD 

4. Big Macintosh - Strong and kinda wise at times

5. Derpy Hooves - There is no way I'm leaving out the legendary pony destroyer of worlds!

6. Ember - Shes an awesome dragon, quite strong too

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1. Rarity. She's the best! :grin: (In my opinion of course).

2. Sunshet Shimmer. She's best pony after Rarity.

3. Trixie( even though I don't consider her a "villain", she was just antagonized by our protagonists). 

4.  Shining Armor

5. Octavia Melody

6.  Zecora( Another person antagonized by our protagonists despite not actually being evil, funny that).

Edited by RulesofRarity

On 7/10/2017 at 1:09 AM, TailsIsNotAlone said:

1. ONE of the Mane Six.

2. ONE non-Mane Six unicorn, earth pony or pegasus.

3. ONE minor villain. (Can be reformed, or not; your choice.)

4. ONE stallion.

5. ONE background pony.

6. ONE non-pony character. (No OCs, EQG characters, or major villains allowed)

1-Twi: as a leader is important

2-Daring Do: She has experience of serious shit, so it's no brainer

3-Gilda: she as a predator may help alot

4-Flashy: a royal guard plus to steal Twi :lol: 

5-Bon Bon: a pony agent, nuff said

6-Ember

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

1. Twilight Sparkle: Pretty obvious choice.

2. Daring Do: If ancient relics are involved. 

3. Sunset Shimmer: Self-explanatory.

4. The Duke of Maretonia: May or may not actually be a unicorn with that hat he's got on, but he seems like an agreeable fellow.

5. Steven Magnet