Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Improving my digital pony drawing.

LasVegas Dashie

So ive been practicing my digital art over the months and I noticed some improvement, the first drawing was from February 17th, and my latest drawing is from July 9th. 

What do you guys think?

gr.png

shine shade5.png

MY bad, I meant the first one was from February 21st, I read it wrong. 

• Brohoof 2

Hello @LasVegas Dashie

Taking into account that you're requesting personal opinions regarding your improvements, I believe this topic would be more suitable for Photo Finish's Magics. Furthermore, the proper tag of 'Critique Wanted' will be added.

Have a lovely day now.

Looks a lot better. The shading is the main improvement imo.

Try to practice properly from learning actual theory and excercises from books or videos and not on the go only based on your intuition and generic grinding. You are getting better, but you won't improve considerably fast if you don't study it properly.

35 minutes ago, Ando333 said:

Try to practice properly from learning actual theory and excercises from books or videos and not on the go only based on your intuition and generic grinding. You are getting better, but you won't improve considerably fast if you don't study it properly.

Thanks the advice and I'll make sure to keep that in mind. You're pretty much right about my generic grinding, I just pretty much looked at a pony reference then drew, and I keep using that same method I saw and try to improve my own drawing based off of what I learned ONCE. 

(edited)

That's not a bad practice. Using references is not a bad thing, but that's not the only thing you should do.
There are infinite more ways you should consider and add many to your practice in order to understand everything better and learn faster.

Edited by Ando333

28 minutes ago, Ando333 said:

That's not a bad practice. Using references is not a bad thing, but that's not the only thing you should do.
There are infinite more ways you should consider and add many to your practice in order to understand everything better and learn faster.

Oh ok, I'll make sure to look at more ways. 

Thanks for the advice.