Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tenshinohana

63 users have voted

1. 1. What Brings You Happiness?

• Family (including pets)
    • Friends
    • Learning/Gaining New Knowledge
    • Entertainment (Gaming, Movies, Tv, and etc...)
    • Sports
    • Hobbies To Past The Time
    • Being In Good Health
    • Having Fun
    • Overcoming Your Fears
    • Wealth

to know what makes someone happy, first you gotta define "happiness" to yourself, I think. personally, I feel that just being around good friends and having that friendship and support makes me pretty happy.

• Brohoof 1

to know what makes someone happy, first you gotta define "happiness" to yourself, I think. personally, I feel that just being around good friends and having that friendship and support makes me pretty happy.

Couldn't of said it any better. All I need to be happy is the people I care about and nothing else matters in the whole world.

I think "happiness" is a little bit different than being happy. But I think you don't need to start and define the word happy at all - the OP states pretty much what kind of "happy" we're looking for on this thread :)

But not to be completely off-topic:

It's very fun when somepony shows some kind of interest in my life, like asking something in my "ask a pony" thread.

And of course, when someone likes my work, I'm happy.

A brohoof.

Simply though, I've realized that there's no difference in "quality" of happiness between things you seek to make you happy and consciously choosing to be happy. Therefore I have a much easier time with life than any person who deludes themselves into thinking they need things to actually be satisfied with life.

(edited)

The only thing that made me really really happy these days is when i got my new computer.

But then, i haven't been happy as i was before, i lost my 2 best friends, no other friend can beat how much i laughed, and laughed, and laughed with them. Even my parents tell me "what's wrong?", i answer with nothing, it's not that i'm always with a sad face, just that i don't talk too much, i don't laugh, i don't cry, i don't feel anything, it's like if i'm just moving up quickly to the end, expecting nothing...

Edited by The Baritone Milkman

• 7 months later...

Pony doesn't count... MLP is more complex than it is simple.

For me, it would be this gif:

pTGDf.gif

I also am elated when somebody notices my nail polish.

• Brohoof 12

Lol! When I saw that gif, I lost it! That's so cute/funny! xD as for what simplicity makes me happy, it would just have to be nature as a whole.  Seeing it grow back, even long after it's been pulled/dead whatever the case always reminds me that there's hope.  ^^ It's silly but I do find comfort in the whole 'rebirth' thing! And even more simple - video games! >:D lol

• Brohoof 1

There's a number of things

-Coming home knowing I have some good food to eat

-Thinking of a good joke to tell my friends

-Doing well in a game of LoL (Or any game for that matter)

-Knowing I did a good  thing 

• Brohoof 5

-Knowing I did a good  thing 

Love this one.  ;)

I wish more people found happiness in this... there are always good deeds to be done, and there can never be enough!

• Brohoof 2

hot chocolate on a cold day, snow, warm fleece jams, my bed, java monster mean beans, Massive Attack's "Blue Lines" album, waking up around 10 when the sun is shining through the windows and knowing you dont have to do anything and it just turns into a great chillout day. 

• Brohoof 2

Waking up to sunshine coming in through the windows in the middle of cold, dark, depressing winter. Felt awesome and left the window curtains open for a shower, didn't even care.

• Brohoof 2

Touching the wall next to my bed. It's just a wall, but some times I lay there and think about how most of the universe is made out of empty space and how most of the atoms in the wall are also empty space. The fact that electrons can just appear and disappear, the way we can't really ever know where and what they are doing with any certainty, it's all just this AMAZING beautiful thing.

To think that we exist as beings who are capable of pressing a sensory digit made of atoms against a wall of atoms formed by man kind from other atoms and have an electrical signal carry a message to our brains which are a collection of cells that are only capable of off and on yet combined create threads of consciousness, it's just mind boggling and it makes me giddy just to think about how lucky I am to be there to press my finger against that wall. 

Internally I laugh to myself saying "I'm not touching the wall!" because I know I'm not. My sub-atomic energy field is repelling it's subatomic energy field. 

Oh, and chasing people down to tell them they have a break light out. As long as it doesn't become borderline stalking. Like if they are in the same parking lot or on the same road where I can pull up next to them I'll tell them. I got a 200$ ticket from a cop once because of that. Pissed me off. How am I suppose to know the light went out, it's BEHIND ME. I have to be in the car to even have the break petal be pushed. It's like a "You don't have a wife yet." tax. 

Edited by Plowplot
  • Brohoof 3

Loads of things make me happy (can't list them all...):

-My friends!!!! (Most of all, of course!)

-Pokemon

-Cats

-More Pokemon

-Anime

-That cold side of the pillow 

-Seeing you have a few minutes left to sleep every morning

-Chocolate

-Ponies

-The awesome feeling when you pop bubble wrap

-The feeling when you take your socks off at the end of a long day

-Windy days (Dat feel)

-Pokemon