Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever skipped an episode?

CastletonSnob

I think I skipped a couple of episodes in season 5 because all of my focus was on the finale by that point. I also so far have skipped Honest Apple and Hard to Say Anything from season 7, based on their reputation. I am sure I will get around to them eventually. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, BronyNumber42 said:

What is the point in watching a show (let alone calling yourself a fan) if you don't watch every episode? Why even watch TV in that case?

There's no one right way to be a fan. You don't have to watch every episode to be one. Fans skip episodes for many reasons, such as being preoccupied, a spoilery or uninspired synopsis, and realizing how awful the episode is after reading over the full plot summary and transcript.

• Brohoof 5

I mean, i've skipped all episodes after Season 4, lol. I need to catch up again on stuff, but I have just been super busy and I kinda started losing interest on the show. Not that I don't like it, but it is rather hard for me to get back into watching it now.

(edited)

Nope, I never skipped an episode (I never do this). But there was two episodes (Applejack's Day Off and PPOV) where I almost broke off in the middle of the episode. But at the end, I watched even this episodes until the end.

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Fully skipped? No, but still find it hard to get through Lost Mark and Hard to Say Anything in one sitting.

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1

We're watching all of the episodes again just to make sure we didn't miss anything. :D

I know, we're such nerds...

But Season 7 has been strange...I don't know what it is but it's missing something...it seems rushed and a bit detached. We just might skip a couple the 2nd time around, maybe. Parental Guidance is a good example of Season 7's 'interesting concept but stumbling execution'. Rarity's parents were already portrayed as super goofy and out of touch, and now Rainbow's too? I get it, us parents can be goofy and out of touch but seriously, every kid show really seems to lay this on. Not cool.

Then Perfect Pair came along and my optimism was restored. :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...

Nah, I usually like them, though I've had instances where I had to force myself to finish an episode.

Yes. I may go back to them, or I may not - at the moment I'm still working my way through season seven, and I've skipped... three so far from season 7. Fluttershy Leans In, which lost me about 7 minutes in, Honest Apple because the premise didn't sound interesting and Triple Threat because I have given up on Spike episodes. 

Looking back, I've also skipped Gauntlet of Fire because of Spike, Spice Up Your Life because I found it really dull, Brotherhooves Social because I don't really get on with more Apple-family themed episodes, Princess Spike because the premise sounds painful and it's a Spike episode  and... hmm, I actually can't remember why I didn't watch Appleoosa's Most Wanted. The accents are grating but the CMC tend to have my favourite episodes, so I suspect that it was just an oversight (and to be fair, after seeing Cutie Markless I was really looking forwards to The Cutie Remark so skipping over some can be forgiven.) I should probably rectify that at some point.

• Brohoof 1

The first time I watched season one, I skipped Green Isn't Your Color by total accident. I didn't realize it until I started the 2nd season.:sealed: I usually don't skip episodes on full season rewatches, mainly because I want to get as much of a full experience as possible.

• Brohoof 2

On 7/12/2017 at 9:45 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

I skipped four entirely: Over a Barrel, Games Ponies Play, and two of the three EQG specials.

I skipped three partially: McColts, 28PL, and Mirror Magic.

Some I skipped, but came back later, including PPOV, Scare Master, and Top Bolt.

Over the hiatus, I watched the specials, LoE, and 28PL in full.

• 28PL: Complete shit. Worse than Mare Do Well.
  • LoE: Not all that bad, surprisingly. Not all that good, but it's passable at least. Best EQG film.
  • Dance Magic: Very average, but the music number saves it from total blandness.
  • Movie Magic: Not that good, but has its moments.
  • Mirror Magic: Easily the worst of the trio. Horrible villain, bland and boring plot, Starlight inserted in the front artificially, reformation poorly executed.
  • Brohoof 1

On 7/12/2017 at 6:41 PM, Alvin Yakitori said:

Still haven't seen 28 Pranks Later

Never will

I watched some of it. Couldn't stomach watching the rest. Read a synopsis; it was exactly as I feared it would be. From the depths of my heart, I have to say sincerely: you're not missing much.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:36 AM, BronyNumber42licious said:

What is the point in watching a show (let alone calling yourself a fan) if you don't watch every episode? Why even watch TV in that case?

Truthfully, you're not really a fan unless you pass Go, collect $200, and then use those $200 to buy every single piece of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic merch on the market, including imports from Japan, and then make your graduation song Celestia's Ballad. Only once you have done those things can you call yourself a proper fan of the show.

Obviously.

I've skipped a few episodes myself due to being preoccupied, but I am slowly going back over what I missed. Some of them I also skipped because the premise of the episode didn't interest me.

• Brohoof 1

I like to see the plot progress and give every episode a chance, even those I may dislike initially. image.png

If you don't have time, then definitely I can see the rationale behind skipping episodes. I have skipped plenty of episodes, and even seasons before in shows like The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. If I don't have the time, I often find it better to skip over content, especially if it affects the flow of continuity. Luckily, FiM is a show that has both a slice of life, sitcom-ish, and continuous plot, so its easier to skip episodes and not got too lost.

If you do enjoy FiM and have the time, consider watching as many episodes as you can to give each one a chance at least once. You never know what you might find.

• Brohoof 1

Nah. I always make sure to watch everything and form my own opinions. If I don't like it, I won't go back to it. Simple as that.

No, I haven't. I have actually tried to watch all G4-related animation. This includes not only all the episodes of FIM, the movie and the Equestria Girls films and specials but also the web content. I have seen all of the shorts (the various EqG series, Flurry Heart's Scrapbook, Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique, Fundamentals of Magic, the Netflix Happy Birthday one) apart from the last couple of EqG shorts which I'm going to watch soon. I have found almost everything enjoyable to at least some extent so I haven't had any problem doing so – at the very least, they can fill the void when there are no new episodes at the moment. The one thing I didn't like was the CGI-animated Equestria Girls Minis series, but I watched even those, as they were only 20 seconds each. There might be some commercials with new animation or voice work that I haven't seen, as I couldn't be bothered to go through dozens of toy commercials, but I believe I've seen everything else. :D When I rewatch the series, I will watch all the episodes and films again but might skip some of the less notable content.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 4

No, I've never skipped any episode in all 8 seasons of the show's running. There have been some episodes I've wanted to skip, but I forced myself to sit through them anyways just for sake of being able to say "I've seen all the episodes"- though tbh there hasn't been many episodes of MLP that I haven't liked :)

• Brohoof 1