Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can't sign in to more than one device at a time

Vulcan

(edited)

I used to be able to use my phone and pc logged in to my account here simultaneously but right around a few days ago...The site only remembers my log-in for one device at a time.

Is it something wrong on my end? Is it something they've changed in the code? o-o

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 1

I don't believe the problem is only on your end, @Vulcan. I've been having problems as well. On both my phone and my laptop, I occasionally get logged out even though I checked "remember me" upon logging in and made sure to not clear my browser cache or cookies.

• Brohoof 2

As for being able to log in from more than one device:

Spoiler

IMG_0372.thumb.JPG.5faff969dce3a5ba6c2212073fdc219e.JPG

Are you logging in with incognito tabs by chance? your password wont save if that is the case and you will need to log in each time, I know it is still possible so if there is any other reason you have me baffled.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Snow said:

As for being able to log in from more than one device:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0372.thumb.JPG.5faff969dce3a5ba6c2212073fdc219e.JPG

Are you logging in with incognito tabs by chance? your password wont save if that is the case and you will need to log in each time, I know it is still possible so if there is any other reason you have me baffled.

Odd, I guess it is on my end then,

I'm not on incognito mode and I've always set it to"remember me"...and honestly it just sorta happened after I tried opening MLPforums in other browsers. 

• Brohoof 1

I, too, am experiencing this. Whenever I go from my phone to my computer it logs me out of one or the other and I have to log back in any time I try to access the site on the other. I'm never on both at the same time. I alternate depending on whether I'm at work or not.

Luckily it amounts to just clicking the log in button and it just automatically signs me in without needing my password every time but it's strange and slightly annoying.

On 7/19/2017 at 3:07 AM, Discordian said:

I, too, am experiencing this. Whenever I go from my phone to my computer it logs me out of one or the other and I have to log back in any time I try to access the site on the other. I'm never on both at the same time. I alternate depending on whether I'm at work or not.

Luckily it amounts to just clicking the log in button and it just automatically signs me in without needing my password every time but it's strange and slightly annoying.

On 7/13/2017 at 7:29 AM, Prospekt said:

I don't believe the problem is only on your end, @Vulcan. I've been having problems as well. On both my phone and my laptop, I occasionally get logged out even though I checked "remember me" upon logging in and made sure to not clear my browser cache or cookies.

I think i have fixed this issue, but i need more people to confirm it. Do you encounter any more problems now?

• Brohoof 3

21 minutes ago, Ken said:

I think i have fixed this issue, but i need more people to confirm it. Do you encounter any more problems now?

Nope, things are going much smoother. The fix has been working for me. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Ken said:

Nope. Seems fixed for me.

@Ken The tech pony giveth, and the tech pony also taketh away? It would seem that now I am experiencing this problem of being logged out if I use another device...