Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worried about Triple Threat.

CastletonSnob

How exactly would it undo it? It is not like if it is a bad episode it will wipe away what has come before. I mean for example, Hard to Say Anything sucked, but Big Mac is still a pretty awesome character in my opinion. I don't think a bad Spike episode will undo anything. And hell, you have to remember that even if the plot you are fearful of came to pass, there are quite a few people that will probably love it for that for that reason alone.

Either way I am not worried. S7 has done great so far with some minor exceptions, and I expect it to keep going.

• Brohoof 2

In what way exactly will Triple Threat be bad? Spike invites Thorax and Ember on the same day, I'm sure he wanted to do that; but then he finds out that the changelings and dragons had some kind of conflict in the past, and that's why he's making them not meet. That's completely understandable! Cause if he thinks these new leaders would actually still have a grudge against one another, both of their races might go to war, and Equestria would be caught in the middle of it! We all know it would turn out to be a misunderstanding in the end, but this isn't gonna undo Spike! In certain cases, it's gonna make him better! He might become an ambassador for both their races for this!

• Brohoof 3

While the synopsis does sound like it could involve a lot of secondhand embarrassment, I don't expect Spike to be undignified like he was before season 6, and if he is, I expect that it'll be in a way which is still sympathetic, like in "Equestria Games." I just hope it doesn't focus too much on bickering or awkwardness. 

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

While the synopsis does sound like it could involve a lot of secondhand embarrassment, I don't expect Spike to be undignified like he was before season 6, and if he is, I expect that it'll be in a way which is still sympathetic, like in "Equestria Games." I just hope it doesn't focus too much on bickering or awkwardness. 

I don't think the episode will be as bad as Princess Spike or Spike at Your Service.

• Brohoof 1

To me, who wrote that ep is the most imprortant to me, because any premiese can be shitty in the wrong hands. So far, S7 is really mysterious when come to writers name. 

I still dont trust new writers...

I think Spike is less dumb after S5,  his performances in S7 still awesome as ever. Dont need to worry too much.

Unless there is a CHARACTER ASSASSINATION...........

• Brohoof 1

I am not really worried about it.

I mean the only episode I was really worried about was A Royal Problem and that ended up becoming one of my favorites of the series, so I am not really worried about Triple Threat.

I'm really not worried about this episode one bit! The only thing I'm worried about is this being his only episode. And I don't want that. If we're not getting a 3-parter finale, we need that second episode in the episode 24 slot!

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

I don't think the episode will be as bad as Princess Spike or Spike at Your Service.

I like "Spike At Your Service." And this show has surprised me before, so fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, MegaSean45 said:

I'm really not worried about this episode one bit! The only thing I'm worried about is this being his only episode. And I don't want that. If we're not getting a 3-parter finale, we need that second episode in the episode 24 slot!

Spike is sort of getting shafted in this season's equilibrium, it seems. 

Just now, AlexanderThrond said:

I like "Spike At Your Service." And this show has surprised me before, so fingers crossed. 

Spike is sort of getting shafted in this season's equilibrium, it seems. 

Why do you think that is?

(edited)
5 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Writers had fewer ideas for him. 

So they need writers to think of what more to do with him! You know how many episode ideas I thought of him? If I can do it, they can too! They're just not thinking hard enough! They need to think about what he hasn't done yet, or what is missing about him. We'd rather have that instead of Mane Six episodes repeating the same morals.

Edited by MegaSean45

6 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

So they need writers to think of what more to do with him! You know how many episode ideas I thought of him? If I can do it, they can too! They're just not thinking hard enough! They need to think about what he hasn't done yet, or what is missing about him. We'd rather have that instead of Mane Six episodes repeating the same morals.

Speak for yourself. A Spike episode would probably be fresher than "Not Asking for Trouble" and especially "Fluttershy Leans In," but I think some of these mane six episodes still have new morals to offer. Although I'd still enjoy more Spike episodes here and there. 

1 minute ago, VG_Addict said:

Do you think Spike will get another episode this season?

It's a possibility still! If he does, episode 24 is the most likely spot. However, there is a chance that the finale COULD be his, but that seems a bit far-fetched. If we get nothing, maybe we'll send an email to the writing staff. I already sent one a while ago, so I hope they got the message.

14 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Speak for yourself. A Spike episode would probably be fresher than "Not Asking for Trouble" and especially "Fluttershy Leans In," but I think some of these mane six episodes still have new morals to offer. Although I'd still enjoy more Spike episodes here and there. 

Of course! The Mane Six still could get their own episodes! There's still some interesting stuff they can do! I'm not saying stop with the Mane Six. Just give more of Spike at the same time. I see alot of different story potentials for him! He's got enough unused content to fill over a quarter-length season!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I'm actually kinda looking forward to this episode. Yes, Spike has done some pretty stupid things in the past, but the degree to which it annoys me tends to depend on the episode. Princess Spike basically had a bunch of hivemind delegates, contrived inconveniences for Spike, and Spike going to extremely unnecessary ends to try and help Twilight.

On the other hand, I feel like this will be one of those basic misunderstanding/don't pre-judge how you think two people will get along kind of episode- my guess is that Spike will do all he can to keep them apart, only for them to actually meet up (either behind his back or not) and explain to Spike that they actually kinda get along because they have a lot in common (such as that their races have been misjudged by ponies before). It's a very "we-could-have-avoided-this-if-you'd-just-been-honest-with-us" sounding synopsis, which is a little bit overdone with the series, and Spike is a little naive and tends to make well-intentioned but sometimes rash decisions, but I'm hoping the interactions between Ember and Thorax will make this ep more interesting. As long as Spike isn't made out to be some bumbling idiot (which I feel the writers have done a lot to steer clear from), I'm thinking it should be okay.

• Brohoof 1