Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think we'll see next for EQG?

Toon4Thought

As of this point, apart from the very-broad fact that we're getting YouTube shorts (and even then we don't know much apart from their mere existence), we know basically nothing about what's coming up next for Equestria Girls, right down to which format it will take. And unfortunately, the specials gave me so much that I didn't know I wanted until I got a little bit of it, and thus they only left me wanting more.

So, what do you think will we see next from EQG? I've heard a few state they'll be a fifth movie, but I haven't seen anything official that says this. I would personally prefer a full-on series at this point, since not only did the specials alleviate any doubt I had of that working out, but they seemed to open up so many possibilities that I think not taking that route would inevitably lead to a lot of them not being fully realized, and certainly not as promptly. And to be honest, with what's been established with that and Legend of Everfree, part of me thinks we actually will get that.

Yeah, I really hope Comic Con doesn't disappoint in giving us news, even if it isn't necessarily what I really want them to do. The ending of Mirror Magic pretty much gave me the same effect a cliffhanger would.

• Brohoof 1

I seem to remember them talking about a fifth movie a year ago, but that was either referring to the collective set of 3 specials (which combined run as long as a movie) or there's still a fifth movie being worked on. We'll see. Right now, I would be content with either a movie or a series. While I love the idea of more movies, the specials give me hope that a full series would be at least half-decent.

I am really hoping for a TV series at this point.

The three specials definitely seemed like they were testing to see if the franchise could work in a 22 minute format, and to me it worked.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, cmarston1 said:

I am really hoping for a TV series at this point.

The three specials definitely seemed like they were testing to see if the franchise could work in a 22 minute format, and to me it worked.

Me too. In fact, if anything I think the specials established too much for it not to merit one. A fifth TV movie would only be able to cover so much, and thus would be sure to lead to some level of disappointment.

Right now, I think they want to test the waters a little by focusing on a few more special episodes like what we had this year. The movies were great and all yet they only happened once a year and Hasbro aren't keen on continuing that trend. With the specials, they can try to see if Equestria Girls works as a potential series, yet three episodes isn't enough which is why I think they might want to keep this up for another year before making a decision.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

The movies were great and all yet they only happened once a year and Hasbro aren't keen on continuing that trend.

I certainly feel that way by this point, and I'm sure a lot of others do as well, but what makes you say Hasbro does?

Edited by Toon4Thought

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎15 at 10:36 PM, Toon4Thought said:

I certainly feel that way by this point, and I'm sure a lot of others do as well, but what makes you say Hasbro does?

As a toy company, they want sales and money more than anything else. Having EQG only available once per year gives them neither.

34 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

As a toy company, they want sales and money more than anything else. Having EQG only available once per year gives them neither.

Considering how successful their minis have been (which, for some reason, I only noticed recently), yeah that definitely makes sense.

37 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

Considering how successful their minis have been (which, for some reason, I only noticed recently), yeah that definitely makes sense.

It's how their corporate practices work.