Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zoop

Anyone here a fan of the BBC show Top Gear?

For the unaware, it's a car show that does what I once thought to be impossible: make things interesting for blokes like me that just aren't all that into cars. This is accomplished through feats of complete and utter silliness, such as...

Airport vehicle racing

Attempting to cross the English channel in homemade car boats.

...and a fair bit more. :blink:

• Brohoof 2

Gotta say i'm a fan.

I've watched most of the series and they still make me laugh after such a long time.

So yeah... If anyone here hasn't seen it yet... Go see it now is all i'll say.

Never watched it before but this is looking awesome :D

Well, have a couple more, then. ;)

Extreme motorhome racing

Car vs engine powered canoe race

• Brohoof 2

That was epic though it seems like it could be somewhat staged O.o

it is, as said by Jeramy Clarkson.. " i was unable to recive the award for most succesful non scripted tv show because i was too busy writing the script for this episode"

it is, as said by Jeramy Clarkson.. " i was unable to recive the award for most succesful non scripted tv show because i was too busy writing the script for this episode"

Damn that's disappointing, is the entire show scripted or just one episode?

it's scripted to a degree, like the challenges such as water crossing and races are real, but the camping trip that they go on and set the camper and some one elses tent on fire is scripted

Aye, it's a combination. The fire in the camping trip was staged due to the obvious safety concerns.

copy/pasted from Wikipedia,

Awards and nominations

In November 2005, Top Gear won an International Emmy in the Non-Scripted Entertainment category.[39] In the episode where the presenters showed the award to the studio audience, Clarkson joked that he was unable to go to New York to receive the award because he was busy writing the new script.

Edited by Zoop

Aye, it's a combination. The fire in the camping trip was staged due to the obvious safety concerns.

copy/pasted from Wikipedia,

Awards and nominations

In November 2005, Top Gear won an International Emmy in the Non-Scripted Entertainment category.[39] In the episode where the presenters showed the award to the studio audience, Clarkson joked that he was unable to go to New York to receive the award because he was busy writing the new script.

I lol'd xD

But it still looks somewhat staged O.o

same here, I'm not big about cars anymore but the show is funny :P

Likewise, actually; this was never a show I ever expected to have any interest in, let alone become a fan of.

Hell, even the normalish segments are still pretty amusing

• 5 months later...

I've only seen bits and pieces of this show, but I should watch more. loved every bit of it I did see.

Your room mate is a Top Gear nut. Allow his madness and fanboyism to overtake you.

• Brohoof 1

One of the funniest things I've ever seen. At least the British Top Gear is funny. The American one is just a complete rip-off, not even a good rip-off.