Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Most-Idiotic Characters

Castle Bleck

(edited)

The aliens in Signs.

Their reaction to a planet that's mostly their Kryptonite (water)?

And don't even get me started on how they (can't) handle basic doors:

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 1

To me, it's anyone who continue to "bully a dragon" as TV Tropes calls it, despite all evidence that they shouldn't. Those who do are practically begging to be killed. If not by the being eaten by the dragon, then they most certainly will be killed by the fanbase.

• Brohoof 1

Matsuda from Death Note, to the point where the very saying "Matsuda, you idiot!" became a meme. 

OK, he's actually not that stupid. How else would he become a member of an elite investigation team?

He's more like:

On 7/18/2017 at 4:23 AM, Hieroklicious said:

Bolin from The legend of Korra

Let's see, who else...?

Stimpy the cat is comically stupid.

Jar Jar Binks.

Heffer from Rocko's Modern Life.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Unalaq from The Legend Of Korra.

As the Narm section on TV Tropes puts it:

Unalaq tells Korra he needs her to open the Northern Spirit Portal. Then when she learns he's evil, he tells her that was just a lie to keep her in line. So far, it works pretty well. Then he tells Eska and Desna that was a lie, and he actually does need her. Approaching the line, but still salvagable. Then it officially crosses into silliness when he says that actually actually, he doesn't need her after all. Finally, he goes ahead and tries it, and it turns out actually actually ACTUALLY, no takebacks we swear, he does need her. It's like watching Flip-Flop of God in real time.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 1

Unpopular Opinion Alert:

Captain Janeway from Star Trek: Voyager

Image of Kathryn Janeway in Star fleet uniform.

Captain Janeway is an Idiot

Captain Kathryn Janeway is truly the worst captain in Star Trek history and here’s why… Obvious Spoiler Alert.

Her incessant moral bullsquirt gets the crew of Voyager constantly in trouble (more so in the beginning seasons).

Abandoned her crew in the dark void because booohooo she feels bad for getting them trapped in the Delta quadrant.

Janeway whined and cried all the way up into the later seasons about her second in command, Commander Chakotay. Because you know, he has to obsessively obey her and she never has to listen to him because that makes sense???

Despite not wanting to violate Star Fleet directives in the early seasons, Janeway in the final episode violated Star Fleet’s Temporal Prime Directive and went back into the past, altering history, so Voyager could get home earlier. I don’t care if she changed her mind and became wiser or whatever, it’s annoying.

She was pretty mean to the Doctor! What’s that about!?!

Janeway’s compassion is overrated. She only gave second chances to her pet projects. Everybody else, like Maquis crew members, didn’t get second chances.

She never stood up for her crew like Captain Picard or Will Riker did. Instead, she just had an obsession with going down with the ship.

Also let’s not forget she’s the one who got them stranded in the dang Delta quadrant to begin with!

UPDATE 07/01/2015

I also forgot that she supported the Q Continuum’s locking up of one of the Q, denying him his right to die. Only Q’s daring allowed for Q to finally die in peace. All Janeway did was stand in the way of other’s rights.

This post from Pink Ink does a decent job of summarizing it, but It doesn't even talk about the way she treated Seven of Nine in the fourth season. Literally not listening to her advice about anything. If I were the CMO of the ship instead of the hologram, I'd quite frankly have booted her out of command for being downright insane on way too many occasions to count. How did she even get that rank if she has no idea what she's even doing?

Edited by Duzzkey
Unspoilered it.

Let me see...

1. Kylo Ren

2. Rey

3. Snoke

4. Finn

5. Luke "Old Broody McHermit" Skywalker

7. Han Solo

8. Leia

9. KYLO REN

If you haven't already noticed, I'm not a big fan of the new Star Wars movies.

The the Supreme Leader is named Snoke. SNOKE! Sounds like the name of a reject Teletubby. :glimmer:

• Brohoof 1

On 1/8/2018 at 9:11 AM, Prospektlicious said:

Matsuda from Death Note, to the point where the very saying "Matsuda, you idiot!" became a meme. 

OK, he's actually not that stupid. How else would he become a member of an elite investigation team?

Let's see, who else...?

Stimpy the cat is comically stupid.

Jar Jar Binks.

Heffer from Rocko's Modern Life.

Another big one: Wile E. Coyote.

He thinks he's a genius, yet he doesn't have the common sense to recognize that the Roadrunner simply cannot be caught. He does the same thing over and over and expects different results.

21 hours ago, Prospektlicious said:

He thinks he's a genius, yet he doesn't have the common sense to recognize that the Roadrunner simply cannot be caught. He does the same thing over and over and expects different results.

Nor using stuff from a different brand with ACME's innumerable fails :dash: 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Florent L'Belle from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies.

Bankrupts himself by making expensive-ass products he's too vain to let anyone else have, then commits an ultra-elaborate murder for a treasure to pay said debts off - a treasure that's no longer there anyway, meaning he loses out even if he escapes justice (obvious spoiler - he doesn't).

The results: Alderman Kyubi is dead, the Tenmas' lives are almost ruined, and 2 whole towns' futures are jeopardized - all thanks to this Too Dumb to Live douche.

Edited by Anti-Villain

The Marines of Halo.

They can't kill Grunts (yet can somehow one shot you), they always get killed by Grunts, and don't get me started on their driving. 

Speaking of driving: Emergency service drivers in ANY GTA game

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 1

On 1/9/2018 at 10:28 AM, Prospekt said:

Well, Chuck Jones did set 9 rules about the Road Runner cartoons. One of which explains why Coyote is a so-called idiot:

Rule 3: The Coyote could stop anytime—if he were not
a fanatic (repeat: “a fanatic is one who redoubles his effort
when he has forgotten his aim.” – George Santayana)

• Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

The Marines of Halo.

They can't kill Grunts (yet can somehow one shot you), they always get killed by Grunts, and don't get me started on their driving. 

Speaking of driving: Emergency service drivers in ANY GTA game

Kat from Reach was that way to. Heck she even ran me over one time. I bet she's got the same shit AI.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Almost everyone in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep seems completely gullible until it's too late.

Even Master Xehanort, the only one who seems to have an IQ above 100, thinks there's too much Light in the Realm Of Light.

Edited by Anti-Villain

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 1/23/2018 at 5:55 PM, Princess Aurora Wolf said:

Honestly, I really don't like Navi.

Give her credit; at least she's not as suicidally lazy as Scrapper from Skyward Sword (looking at you, Eldin Volcano part).

Edited by Anti-Villain

More idiotic characters:

Most of the villains in Sailor Moon. More often than not, even after their minions fail pretty badly at the hands of the Sailor Soldiers/Scouts and/or Tuxedo Mask, they aren't inventive enough to pose much more of a threat in the future. They think they are evil geniuses, but they really aren't.

And if anybody knows the animated version of Bowser (known as King Koopa) in the old Mario cartoons, he's just as stupid. At least in the actual games, Bowser occasionally shows some level of intellect and wit.

a6e7ecd016418b06f14e8d62104cb943d83d8346

Bowser in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario. As much as I appreciate his comedic antics in both games combined with the timing, he comes off as being an idiot who is either a few steps behind everyone else or is oblivious to what's going on until someone tells him. He isn't completely an idiot though in both games as there are times where he does do something that no one else would consider.

• Brohoof 1

I thank god for not watching Fairly Odd Parents when Poof came. I would have hated the show out of disgust if I ever saw an episode with that stupid dog :dry: 

Also, Jar Jar from Star Wars. You know you've fucked up when you make a bad character when you find him obnoxious, WHEN HIS NEGATIVE TRAITS HAVE BEEN DOWNPLAYED :blink:. Seriously, if I hated hit in an episode of the Clone Wars where people say he's better, I don't want to imagine him in his debut film :eww: 

disclaimer: I haven't watched the Phantom Menace, and now I have no desire to do so

Any annoying useless female characters (boy do I have a list) . 

Edited by TBD

(edited)
On 2/1/2018 at 4:39 PM, UltimateGhost3 said:

Snips and snails MLP

Speaking of which, Demon Shimmer at the end of the first EQG.

Ax-crazy or not, you'd think she could've come up with something better than "Brainwash random highschoolers, then try to make them attack Equestria."

Edited by Anti-Villain

Take any character within the Bumbling Dad archetype except Homer Simpson. Pretty much everything you can do with this character has already been done by him alone. You saw this on pretty much every sitcom through the 2000s and in a lot of commercials, too.

I love The Amazing World of Gumball, but in a lot of ways it burns me that they have a character like Richard considering there is almost nothing new you can do with him, the way he's written.

• Brohoof 1

Travis from Telltale's The Walking Dead is the first character that comes to mind for me. Sure, he had a screentime of ~5 minutes, but his decisions make no sense. He has 2 possible deaths in the game. Tripping on a rock and getting eaten, or grabbing the barrel of Mark's gun, to take it from him, resulting in him getting gut-shot.