Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc A Chilling Retreat (Sign-ups closed)

Blood Moon

(edited)

IC Thread

Hello everyone! For a good long while now, I've been wanting to host an RP with this theme. Despite my long resume of RPing elsewhere, I've never actually hosted one before, so my nerves have been keeping my from posting this. I hope I don't make too many mistakes and can make this an enjoyable time for everyone!

Plot

High up in the mountains at the very northern edge of the Equestrian border before entering into Yak territory, a humble snow-covered town rests. In the past, this town had been praised for its many snow resorts and vacation spots, but for unknown reasons this praise has quieted down in recent years and tourist numbers have dwindled. That is until one of the resorts starts sending out fliers announcing a new marketing promotion: Anypony who books a stay in one of their cabins for a week or more will be entered into a drawing taking place at the end of the year to own said cabin as a personal vacation home!

Early one winter morning as the date of the drawing comes near, the renowned Friendship Express speeds along its tracks, whisking its riders along towards the old resort town of Hoofer Bay. The train offers the vacationers a chance to socialize and taken in the sights of the snow-covered mountains speeding by, cars kept nice and toasty warm for the riders. Little do the ponies know that there is a reason tourist numbers started dwindling. A reason they will all soon discover during their not so relaxing vacation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This RP is open for anyone to join, I will make the IC thread once I get a couple interested RPers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Edited by Blood Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Ooh, I would gladly have your pony in here!

Since I will be joining in with my OC Mint Rose (link in my signature~), I think I'll feel comfortable starting up the IC thread once we get one more interested! :)

• Brohoof 1

Okay here's the link!

So in this RP Techno got board in his lab so he decided to join a group going up to the resort. He just wanted to get down to earth for a while and have a well deserved break from his job. But he forgot to take a closer look into the information about the resort he was going to so he had no idea about what was in store for him. I'm also guessing that whatever happens up at the resort messes around with Techno's system so stange things start to happen to his mind. :)  

• Brohoof 1

The main thread has been posted. Feel free to make your introductory posts at your leisure!

For anyone just reading this thread, the RP is still open for all who want to join!

(edited)

@Ancologia I don't mind at all, join right in! I love the idea of a blind batty who uses echolocation to find her way around~ :yay:

@Drago Ryder I do go right ahead and hop in with us!

Edited by Blood Moon

I'm interested. Seems like a wonderful concept.

I want to play either of my OCs, I'd like you to take you pick. And lastly feel free to say no for any reason.

I await your responce.

Would you allow my unicorn and changeling selves to join? The links to their RP character pages as well as the cleaner and tidier Google Docs can be found in my signature.

@Maple Bat @WiiGuy2014

I'm so very sorry you two, but I think I'm going to have to decline for now, was just about to close sign-ups. With this being my first time running an RP, I think seven characters to keep track of is my limit for now. Though, if it seems like things are going along smoothly, I would love to have you guys come on board later!

Sorry again :(

@Techno Universal

Hey, I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm comfortable with the whole tunnel conveniently placed in your room bit of your latest post. It's just pretty out of nowhere and seems like too much of a free out of anything that might just happen.

22 minutes ago, Blood Moon said:

@Techno Universal

Hey, I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm comfortable with the whole tunnel conveniently placed in your room bit of your latest post. It's just pretty out of nowhere and seems like too much of a free out of anything that might just happen.

Yeah to be honest that was a yes or no thing as I could just make it so that the entrance is actually like five kilometres from the resort. It's just Techno's memory playing tricks on him again! :)

11 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah to be honest that was a yes or no thing as I could just make it so that the entrance is actually like five kilometres from the resort. It's just Techno's memory playing tricks on him again! :)

Still iffy on secret tunnels out of nowhere, but I suppose if it's far enough away to not be a convenience, that's alright.

3 minutes ago, Blood Moon said:

Still iffy on secret tunnels out of nowhere, but I suppose if it's far enough away to not be a convenience, that's alright.

But still that's a good template for an embarrassing moment where Techno attempts to open the tunnel entrance in his room when in actual fact there's no entrance there! Instead the entrance is in the middle of nowhere around five kilometres away from the resort! :)