Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things in games you're sure only you did.

CastletonSnob

What were some things that you did in a game that you're pretty sure you're the only one who did it?

In Turtles in Time for the SNES, after I beat the first boss, I would try to move my turtle to the middle of the level, as close to where he is when it tallies your score and health as possible. 

Fallout 4

Infinite ammo, stimpacks, radaways, and berry mentats or mentals w/e they are called (fo:e mixes me up lol) and use infinite jet for slow mo and the berry mint drugs make me sense enemies through walls slightly, and I would zoom around with consoles commands modded to move at 6x the speed and jump 6x as high and rocket all the raiders all over. But eventually get lagged out cuz moving too fast causes too many assets to load at once. And that's just one of like 5 times I messed around in FO4.

I always felt like I was one of the only people that would put on CPU matches in sports and fighting games. I always love to sorta relax and watch that as if I was watching the real thing and seeing how it plays out. In the case of a WWE game it is even better with the championships and story stuff.

• Brohoof 1

When I was a kid, I would start every game from the beginning every time I played it. Even if they had save files.

14 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I always felt like I was one of the only people that would put on CPU matches in sports and fighting games. I always love to sorta relax and watch that as if I was watching the real thing and seeing how it plays out. In the case of a WWE game it is even better with the championships and story stuff.

There is literally a website dedicated to betting on AI vs AI Mugen matches: http://www.saltybet.com

Also, all-AI civilization games are really popular on Reddit. Even the devs got in on it, they streamed a special all-AI civ 6 game to count down to the release day.

(edited)

Oh gaush, the list is endless.

For me, most of the things that I did would be labeled under "abusing game-breaking bugs". Deep breath, here we go.

In a game called Bugdom, I found an infinite jump glitch that basically allowed you to "fly" on certain enclosed stages, and also immunize you from instant death traps such as lava, honey, or slime. I also abused the speed boost ability to skip huge sections of un-enclosed stages, abused the shield ability for permanent immunity while riding a dragonfly, and overcharged the fireball ability by holding CTRL and spamming up and down to basically one-shot the boss on level 5.

In a game called Starfury, I was able to abuse the time lapse ability to bypass defense systems and land torpedo strikes on stationery targets; particularly used to take out near-invincible starbases with cheap destroyers. I also abused the Scanner Jammer components (which make you harder to hit) by stacking several of them on fast, agile destroyers and making myself invincible against beam weapons. And finally, I abused the Emissive Armor through constant leveling; at around level 32 the armor grants you over 100% damage resistance, making all attacks deal 1 damage each.

And finally, in a game called Action/Reaction, I abused the way the game processed physics and lifts to perform extra-high jumps and bypass several harder parts of the game, abused the way enemies target and attack you to make them run in circles endlessly, and even broke a part of the game by not allowing the final boss to escape the stage.

Those are the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there were many, many more. Being a bored kid with only a handful of hand-me-down games, I really didn't have a lot to do once I beat them, so finding and messing with bugs was my hobby. :P

Edited by Meson Bolt

13 hours ago, Niko said:

When I was a kid, I would start every game from the beginning every time I played it. Even if they had save files.

The Game Boy I have in my childhood cannot load save files for some reason and I have to play evey single game from beginning...so I never finish the Pokemon

(edited)

In Ace Combat 4, I was once able to land a missile hit on an enemy aircraft that's supposed to be impossible to hit. You're not supposed to attack that squadron; your last objective in the mission is to outrun them. The game kinda froze for a moment when I somehow did hit one, like the collision detection was glitched. And even then, it looked like the plane had plot armor anyway. You encounter the same ones later on in the game but only then you can actually shoot them down.

Edited by Prospekt

It' not really only me but me and my friend but.

We managed to collect several minikits that were supposed to be impossible to get without certain characters by breaking the game in several different ways in Lego Star Wars: complete saga (console version) :P 

Actually, we break every game, either by accident, or on purpose. that's probably something that not everybody does :3

5 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person ever to kill someone in GTA V by jumping a Panto over a small bump and pretty much taking their head off.

I have done that with a pink Faggio. :P 

21 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I used to do this all the time on old WWE games, creating an e-fed based entirely off those CPU generated results... it was a pretty fun way to waste time.

• Brohoof 1

There are a few Things that maybe just i did:

1. Actually stopping at a red Light and following all traffic rules in Grand Theft Auto. ( at least as long as i dont play any Missions ) If you stop at a Red Light, the Car behind you actually starts...what is this called in english? Um..their use their car horn? Uh..i dont know how to write this in english, but the cars start to make sounds, as if you would break the law or something. I think Rockstar Games never thought that Players could follow the Rules, so the CPU Cars just automatically think that you just stop on the road, because you want to block it.

2. Instead of fighting each other normally in Worms, i created little Storys around the Characters in each team and even worked together with my sister, to either just destroy some of the landscape or build giant Buildings with our Platforms, instead of fighting.

3. Playing Mario Games in multiplayer Mode but just using one Controller, so that i could control both Mario and Luigi and have them both in my Game. ( like in Super Mario Bros 3 for example )

I used to play Mario Kart Wii competitively about 5 years ago and did a very weird variation of a shortcut on Mushroom Gorge. I clipped a mushroom at a weird angle and it launched me up really high and I did a 180 turn and made it over the last gap. I have a video of it on my channel, but it was very poorly recorded and the video hardly has any views.

I haven't seen anyone else glitching Giant Kamek's face in Super Princess Peach by doing a glide attack :huh: . Well, not many played that game anyway :D. Your loss :proud: