Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Chilling Retreat

Blood Moon

OOC Thread

The quiet of the snow-covered valley was broken as the train known as the Friendship Express raced around the mountains, marking the only hint of civilization for miles upon miles in all directions. Inside of the colorful train, passengers bobbed up and down with the gentle bumps of the wheels on the tracks below. The air was kept at a comfortable toasty temperature to stave off the cold outside, the snow whipping past the windows only serving to prove just how cold it was beyond the nicely-painted walls. As time passed, a mare in a nice uniform made her way down the rows of seats with a cart bearing snacks and drinks, offering free warm cider to the passengers for the long ride they had already taken and still have ahead of them.

---------------------------------------

A white unicorn mare sighed softly as she stared out of the window next to her seat, cheek resting on her hoof as her eyes idly reflected the snow outside. The name tag on her travel bag read Mint Rose, a black rose just like her cutie mark embroidered on the side of said bag marking it at hers. "I can't believe the captain put me on this job way out in the boonies just because I broke one vase in the castle. They have backups in storage." She grumbled to herself, only getting pulled from her thoughts when the train attendant cleared her throat to get her attention.

Looking down at the cart, she simply shook her head before returning to her thoughts and blank stare out the window without any attention put towards the cup of warm cider placed on the table in front of her. Her eyes followed the mountain peaks in the distance, sun rising in the early morning making the beautiful white landscape of the valley sparkle in a display of dancing lights all around the train.

"We will be arriving in the Hoofer Bay station in one hour." The train's engineer announced calmly over the speakers as they crackled to life. "I hope you all have enjoyed your ride through the scenic mountain passes and help yourself to some complementary cider provided by the wonderful Sweet Apple Acres."

@Blood Moon

Kyubi gave a light smile as she sat on one of the seats within the passenger car of the train. The bat pony had decided to take a small vacation from her normal routine as a musician and head for a mountain resort. Thankfully, her hobby payed well. She could feel the temperature shift without even having to touch her hoof to the glass window. "I could go for something to drink." She tought to herself, after overhearing the announcement for cider. The bat pony then glanced around, using even the smallest of sounds to get a image of the car she was in.

Cinder huddled in her coat until she looked like a ball of clothing. She wish that she could set the train on fire, but that wouldn't go well with the others, even if the train has a heater for the others to feel comfortable.

Rose stretched out on the seat, enjoying the warmth. It's been too long since she had a break from her work

Techno was looking out the window and he was mesmerised by the scenery. He decided to take a well deserved break from his job of running equestria and do something fun for once. He decided to just to blend in and get down to earth for a while and for once enjoy a break without having to worry or think about his job and  enjoy the trip but he forgot to check the in depth technical information about the resort he was going to so he had no idea about the surprises awaiting him. she was thinking to himself...

TU: Wow! It's beautiful out here! I've been working in that underground lab non-stop for hundreds of years now so I really do need this break to make me feel better. I just want to get down to earth and blend in with my creations for a while plus I'm really in for a good surprise with this resort as I haven't looked up anything on it before the trip!     

@Acnologia

As she made her way through the train car, the attendant gently dropped off a cup of warm cider at each table. Soon she stopped at a table bearing a gray and green-coated bat pony, bearing a warm smile. "Good morning, would you like to purchase something to snack on for the remainder of our trip?" She asked in a polite, yet warm tone of voice as she gestured towards her cart of sweets, snacks and drinks beyond the complementary cider.

@reader8363

Mint yawned as she soon put her attention back towards those inside the train with her. Her eyes soon fell upon what appeared to be a clothes pile with a pony somewhere inside of it. Though she was curious about why somepony would have a need for that much clothing when it was perfectly warm inside the train car, she decided to simply observe for the moment while sipping from the cup of cider she just realized was sitting in front of her.

@Acnologia@reader8363@Techno Universal

Maia smiled slightly as she sat on the cushioned seats. It had been a while since she could relax like this, so she figured that this would be as good as any. Of course, the griffon had planned ahead and brought a few changes of warm clothes.in case it got to cold. When the glass of apple cider was placed in front of her, Maia brought it up to her beak and took a tentative sip. It went down smoothly and the warm feeling it gave her was welcome.

Gale gave a low growl as she rested on a seat at the back of the cabin. She had used a few gems to get this trip going, so the dragoness was going to enjoy this, even if cold weather did make her a bit lethargic. When the cider was placed in front of her, she decided to drink a bit. "Now I know why ponies drink this stuff by the barrel." She thought to herself.

Techno then decided to look away from the window for a moment to take a look at what was going on around him. Only then did he notice the glass of cider sitting on his table. He then thought to himself...

TU: Okay I never even noticed that glass get placed there! Probably because I was so locked in with looking out the window at the scenery. Anyways even though I don't exactly need this I'll still drink it down so I can get down to earth for once!

Techno then started to sip down on his cider...

@Acnologia

The attendant kept her smile going strong while listening to what was requested. Plucking the mango off of the cart, she held it out towards Kyubi. "That will be two bits, little lady." She said in her cheery tone of voice.

@reader8363

As Mint finished off her cider, her curiosity finally got the better. The unicorn set her glass down and she leaned a bit closer to the clothes-pony across the aisle from her. "Hey, aren't you a little hot in...all of that?" She asked with a raised brow. "It's already pretty warm in here, and those must be boiling."

Silver looked out the window at the snow, his mind already lost in thought, he was interested in this probably more than some of the others, but he would just say hello before enjoying his time. He let out a sigh of relief and relaxed in his seat, this was going to be fun. He looked at his navy blue bag and saddle bags that had his cutiemark embroidered on them, then at the ceiling, he wasn't really thinking of much now, just his home in Ponyville. He shook himself out of it and looked down at the silver scarf wrapped around his neck, warm as he would be, he should've brought a cloak.

Techno then looked up at his large perfectly rectangular suitcase in the overhead baggage racks. It was made of a futuristic dark metal with a slight blue tint to it and it had Techno's cutie mark on both faces of it. It was also had blue glowing circuit board patterns all over it. Techno then thought to himself...

TU: Okay... Hopefully my suitcase isn't too suspicious or futuristic looking for anybody. Hopefully everything goes smoothly on this trip and nothing gose wrong!

@Blood Moon

Yuki nodded and gave the required amount of bits to the mare, before she recieved the fruit she wanted. "Thank you." She said, before piercing the skin of the fruit with her fangs and suckijg the juice out directly. At the very least, it wouldn't make a giant mess this way.

(edited)

@reader8363@Blood Moon@Techno Universal@Acnologia@silvermoon15000

As the train ride progressd, Maia decided that it would be best to simply observe the other passengers on the cabin before she interacted with them. "I wonder what there reasons are for taking this trip." She thought to herself. A few did seem a bit odd, but she wasn't one to judge.

After Gale finished the cider, she glaced at one of the stewards as they passed by. "You wouldn't happen to serve fish on this trip, would you? I could go for some salmon."

Edited by Drago Ryder

@Techno Universal @Acnologia

The attendant gave Yuki a nod and a smile as she tucked the bits away into a lock box. "You are very welcome, miss." She said politely before continuing on her way through the car, starting to make her way back the way she had come. Stopping at the table of the gray stallion on in the car, she gave her usual polite smile to him.

"Is there a snack I could get for you?"

@reader8363

Mint jumped in surprise as her newfound conversation partner fell to the floor, leaning down a bit to offer a hoof up. "Whoa there, are you okay?" She asked with a hint of concern in her tone of voice. "You seem to be quite the interesting pony. If I may ask, what's your story?"

@Drago Ryder

A new attendant stopped in place as he was flagged down, stepping up to the table bearing the dragon and griffon. "You're in luck, we do for situations just like these! I will need to alert the dining car staff, but I will have your salmon to you as quickly as I can." He offered in a polite tone of voice.

1 hour ago, Blood Moon said:

@Techno Universal @Acnologia

The attendant gave Yuki a nod and a smile as she tucked the bits away into a lock box. "You are very welcome, miss." She said politely before continuing on her way through the car, starting to make her way back the way she had come. Stopping at the table of the gray stallion on in the car, she gave her usual polite smile to him.

"Is there a snack I could get for you?"

@reader8363

Mint jumped in surprise as her newfound conversation partner fell to the floor, leaning down a bit to offer a hoof up. "Whoa there, are you okay?" She asked with a hint of concern in her tone of voice. "You seem to be quite the interesting pony. If I may ask, what's your story?"

@Drago Ryder

A new attendant stopped in place as he was flagged down, stepping up to the table bearing the dragon and griffon. "You're in luck, we do for situations just like these! I will need to alert the dining car staff, but I will have your salmon to you as quickly as I can." He offered in a polite tone of voice.

Techno then looked up at the attendant with a smile but he then started debating in his head about if he should get a snack or not...

TU: Ohh man I really want a snack because I haven't had one for thousands of years now! But I would be messing with the equestrian economy if I got any because the bits I have were spawned in! Great now I'm getting into a mood for cuddles!

image.thumb.jpeg.77be924aa7b6052959a50d6e757b94ec.jpeg

(What Techno actually looks like. I'll need to update the image in his character profile! :) )

Techno's mane then wrapped itself around the attendant. His mane was extremely soft, warm and cuddly...

TU: Sorry! My mane literally has a mind of it's own and for some reason it really likes you! Anyways I'm not really in the mood for any snacks at the moment! 

@Blood Moon

Cinder said as she pulled a thick book out of her sack, "I grew up in a small village next to where the dragons stay, so I'm used to the heat."

@Drago Ryderr

Rose overheard the conversation and said as the steward left, "Sorry for listening on the conversation, but I was wondering if you would like some company."

Kyubi quickly ate the remains of the dried mango, before she noticed what was occuring between Techno and the stewardess. "Well, that's something you don't see everyday." She thought. The bat pony then moved closer to the two. "Umm, do you two need some help?" Her voice held more of a curious tone than anything.

44 minutes ago, Acnologia said:

Kyubi quickly ate the remains of the dried mango, before she noticed what was occuring between Techno and the stewardess. "Well, that's something you don't see everyday." She thought. The bat pony then moved closer to the two. "Umm, do you two need some help?" Her voice held more of a curious tone than anything.

Techno then turned to Kyubi...

TU: Ohh Hi there! It's just my mane as tendency to cuddle other ponies when it gets into the mood for it! It seems to have a mind of it's own at the moment and I haven't figured out how it's doing that yet!

(edited)

Gale glanced at the pegasus mare that had approached her and shrugged. "It's not that big of a deal. You were nearby, so you bound to overhear something. Either way, I wouldn't mind the company. My name is Gale, by the way."

Maia noticed a pony wearng a scarf that didn't really seem to be interacting with anyone. Cnsideeng the fact that she didn't have anything else to do, she figured she might as well pass the time. After approaching him, she decided to ask a simple question. "Hey. Mind if I join you?"

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Drago Ryder

Silver broke out of his daze,

"What...oh yeah go ahead," he said with a smile, he had zoned out again and it almost cost him what could be a friend, it was peculiar to see a dragoness on the train but he didn't care much,

"Names Silvermoon," he held out a hoof,

Edited by silvermoon15000

5 minutes ago, Acnologia said:

"Well, that's certainly interesting." She said, thinking about how that would feel."It'd probably cause some awkward moments, though." The bat pony then gave a soft giggle.

TU: Yeah.. It probably would be really awkward if my mane did it's thing at the wrong time! Apparently I know that my mane and tail are actually extremely soft and cuddly plus they can be really warm to!