Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Should there be a MLP video game for Nintendo Switch?

FirePuppy

There should be one released on all platforms really. WayForward expressed interest in making a game for the series, but that apparently never went through. Considering their speciality is bright, colorful platformers, it seems like a perfect match. 

That's the kind of game I feel would work best, a 2D platformer done in the style of the show. It can have so many stages based on difderent locations, ans even things like a power ponies stage. I really wish this could happen. *-*

• Brohoof 2

I'm a bit surprised there has been no talk of a game that ties into the movie. Though I'm glad because from my experience, most of those licensed games are cheaply made letdowns that will be forgotten about months later. Very few of them are fun in their own right. A game specifically based on the series (rather than the movie) sounds like something that will last longer in the hearts and minds of fans.

I would love to have a game based on Mlp, i already liked Friendship Gardens and the G3 handheld ones.

I would even be happy if its just a cheaply made game like the Myth Makers Series or something, just give me cute Ponys in a Game and i will play it regardless. And since Mlp Games were already released for Nintendo consoles, i would be most likely, that a new game would come out on the switch.

MLP games would be great not only on NS, but on any other platform in general. 

(edited)

Should be one for all platforms, but I'll take it since I actually got one, and hey, it's still better than getting a phone game

I'll take A Platinum-developed game just like TF Devastation plz. And keep Eiro Shirahama far the fuck away from it

If not, then a Persona-like EQG game

Edited by Whompy Whomperson

Nintendo? I'd be more than happy to see an MLP game for NES. :catface::P 

To be honest there's a lack of good MLP games on PC, so it will be even harder for consoles. By good games I mean these with adventurish-approach, basically legit games, not girly simulators. :P There is that one from Gameloft, which is close enough but... fandom is making much better games. :P 

• Brohoof 2

I would love a pony game on any platform. A decently made one, specially by a developer who specializes in platformers, like the aforementioned WayForward. It's weird that after 7 years, and we don't have a decent official game, with ponies having potential for such  :huh: 

On 7/15/2017 at 7:37 AM, Whompy Whomperson said:

If not, then a Persona-like EQG game

You should read this then :fluttershy:

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/221052/persona-eg

On 7/18/2017 at 9:51 AM, -D1SCORDANT- said:

I think a multi-platform game would be better. And I think they could do a pony rpg. Granted, it'd probably be dummed down a lot, but if it was good, I'd buy it.

I think platform suits better, but RPG could work better on a storytelling standpoint. And sure, it'll be dummed down, but they can take a look or two towards Bravely Default where you can change the difficulty and encounter rate to fit your tastes :fluttershy:

But yeah, I want a game that's colorful, fun, and gives you tons of stuff to do without getting tedious 

• 3 weeks later...

Im not sure the market for MLP games anyway. Especially at this point where the show has sorta gone past its heyday. I mean you put the right people behind the development of an MLP game and it could be epic yeah. Tho am not sure how one would create an MLP game now that doesnt feel like you just took a game concept  and could have slapped any franchise characters into it.

I do gotta agree tho that I expected a MLP game for this gen YEARS ago. I mean we got phone apps and several movies. A video game seems something Hasbro could have easily slapped together. I mean they already had the basis and art style of a game already

Spoiler

• 11 months later...
(edited)
On 7/15/2017 at 5:15 AM, Kyoshi said:

There should be one released on all platforms really. WayForward expressed interest in making a game for the series, but that apparently never went through. Considering their speciality is bright, colorful platformers, it seems like a perfect match. 

That's the kind of game I feel would work best, a 2D platformer done in the style of the show. It can have so many stages based on difderent locations, ans even things like a power ponies stage. I really wish this could happen. *-*

Didn't WayForward develop Shantae or something? If so, then hell yeah, Hasbro should've let them make one!

On 8/9/2017 at 12:56 AM, -Nobody- said:

It'd be nice to have an MLP game. As much as I'd like a console wide release, it'd probably be on 3DS, Switch or mobile.

No! No, no, no! Please, no mobile! Hasbro already published a couple of MLP games on mobile and they suck. It's okay to have one on Switch or 3DS but please no more on the phones.

Edited by Blaze Ishtar
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'd love to see a 3D platformer/collectathon.

Realistically, we'll only get mobile phone trash.

If we ever saw a game outside of the phone market, it would probably be shovel-ware for the Equestria Girls series on the 3DS and/or Switch.

I wouldn't mind a multi platform MLP video game. I think it would work best as either a 2D platformer or adventure game. Unfortunately, Hasbro still shows no interest in games that are not on mobile these days. I do feel like Hasbro is probably missing out on a pretty big market for some of their brands by avoiding console and PC gaming like this. 

• Brohoof 1