Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This Is The Only TV Show I Have Ever Seen Where...?

Harratot33

...not one single character appears in each and every episode.

Seriously, have a good think. How many other television shows have done this? When I first became a brony I thought Twilight would be in every one because she was clearly represented as being the main character but that all changed when I saw Hearts and Hooves Day and now she's appearing less and less... :/

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

While there is other shows (kids' shows, even) where the main character doesn't appear at all/as a background character for an episode, MLP is iconic for it's character's lack of consecutive appearances. (I hope I said that right)

Edited by genessee
Added comma
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Harratot33 said:

...not one single character appears in each and every episode.

Seriously, have a good think. How many other television shows have done this? When I first became a brony I thought Twilight would be in every one because she was clearly represented as being the main character but that all changed when I saw Hearts and Hooves Day and now she's appearing less and less... :/

"Hearts and Hooves Day?" Twilight appears as the one who gives the CMC the book. Are you sure you're not thinking of "Sisterhooves Social?" That's the first episode I know doesn't have her appear.

But to answer your question, that's the joy of a show with an ensemble cast. Season 2 marks the creation of now six main characters that can have their own stories to follow. The closest show I can think is Adventure Time after several seasons when world building and secondary characters like the Ice King, Princess Bubblegum, and Marceline got some background expansions.

• Brohoof 2

It's logical for Twilight not to be in every episode, because you'll run out of stories earlier in the show. That is why it's still interesting. :orly:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
18 hours ago, KH7672 said:

"Hearts and Hooves Day?" Twilight appears as the one who gives the CMC the book. Are you sure you're not thinking of "Sisterhooves Social?" That's the first episode I know doesn't have her appear.

Oh my gosh, you're right, sorry about that - there's too many episodes to keep track of for me ;)

Edited by Harratot33