Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So about a year ago my fiancè came home from the store and showered me with pony gifts! Included was a few packs of a new thing I'd never seen or heard of before, the collectible card game. As pretty as they were I was skeptical that this was actually a thing, seeing as Magic the Gathering and Pokémon seemingly dominate this market.

I, as I had thought, found it hard to find somepony or someponies who a) had played before and they could teach me b ) someone to play with and c) a get together of people who play regularly. 

So is there a group of ponies or bronies that I'm missing out on who are playing this game? Or was it something Hasbro was trying to break into and really didn't take off? 

I have heard from MLP Merch that there are to be specialty cards released with the movie, which leads me to believe that it was successful or they might be beating a dead horse (PLEASE EXCUSE THE EXPRESSION) :sunbutt:

If you play or know people who play I would love to chat! Message me! 

It's been a logn time since I last played. Last I checked they were adjusting the rules and making a ban list, as no one accounted for certain card combinations breaking the game. I pretty much gave up as a lot of players began using a control strategy, where they stop you from drawing, stop you from moving characters and limit how many cards you can have. Essentially, they stop you from playing, and in turn, stopped me from having fun. 

Well that and not enough people showed to the meet ups. Sorry. 

• Brohoof 1

I've never played this before but I really should. :ooh: My best friend would probably play with me if either of us had some cards. Though sadly I don't have much experience with these kinds of games, Pokémon is the only CCG I've ever played.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

It's been a logn time since I last played. Last I checked they were adjusting the rules and making a ban list, as no one accounted for certain card combinations breaking the game. I pretty much gave up as a lot of players began using a control strategy, where they stop you from drawing, stop you from moving characters and limit how many cards you can have. Essentially, they stop you from playing, and in turn, stopped me from having fun. 

Well that and not enough people showed to the meet ups. Sorry. 

Oh man that is rough! But the company is changing the rules, when is that or has that happened? 

1 minute ago, Planetaria said:

Oh man that is rough! But the company is changing the rules, when is that or has that happened? 

I believe it all started at GenCon 2014. They held the first MLP tournament and it was there where a bunch of game breaking strategies were unveiled. After that, support plummeted like a rock. At least before I quit a few months later. I haven't played in over two years. Expansions are still being released so there must be some support for it out there. And Enterplay cards have indeed recognized that certain cards are overpowered. http://mlpccg.wikia.com/wiki/Ban_List 

I'd recommend checking out your nearest comic book or hobby stores. Anyplace that hosts Pokemon or Magic the gathering. 

• Brohoof 1