Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the placement of the EQG specials?

ShadowSJG

I was wondering, when do the specials take place? LOE was said to take place during the summer but the ShadowBolts mentioned a springball/dance, so I am kinda confused by the placement? I imagine they take place during fall.

• Brohoof 1

Placement in general is kind of hard too determine in relation too ages/what grade they are in. But they defintley take place after Legend Of Everfree. Also since it's the fall I'm assuming they ment their home coming dance. 

I'm assuming the specials take place either in the fall or soon before the new school year, since the girls enter the contest in Dance Magic in order to raise more money for Camp Everfree. In-universe, this would mean it has been almost a year since the Fall Formal in the first EQG film.

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I'm assuming the specials take place either in the fall or soon before the new school year, since the girls enter the contest in Dance Magic in order to raise more money for Camp Everfree. In-universe, this would mean it has been almost a year since the Fall Formal in the first EQG film.

That's the problem with eqg though. I always got the impression that they where at least juniors in high school. Which would make them seniors now. Unless of course they where sophmores in the first film, which would make them juniors now? 

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

I was wondering, when do the specials take place? LOE was said to take place during the summer but the ShadowBolts mentioned a springball/dance, so I am kinda confused by the placement? I imagine they take place during fall.

If you look up the development of Dance Magic it was supposed to take place before LoE , hence in the spring, raising money to go to camp instead of for fixing it. It's very possible that dialogue was missed in changing the setting to after LoE.

• Brohoof 1

I just assumed that it took place in the summer after Legend of Everfree and the Crystal Prep students were raising money for the yacht in advance because yachts are really expensive and stuff.

i think the special with the crystal prep girls took place after the friendship games whereas the other two (both included juniper montage(?) ) took place in the legend of everfree. i feel like the producers should make themselves clear on the equestria girls timeline while making these specials. 

(edited)
13 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

That's the problem with eqg though. I always got the impression that they where at least juniors in high school. Which would make them seniors now. Unless of course they where sophmores in the first film, which would make them juniors now? 

I always thought they were sophomores since the yearbook photo Twilight had in the first film was them at the Freshman... something or other, I'd have to go back and check. 

Edit: it was the Freshman Fair.

Edited by ShootingStar159

(edited)

To me, it makes the most sense for them to take place mid-to-late Summer, with the girls being rising seniors. At the very least, much of what is seen going on very strongly suggests it takes place during that time of the year.

Apparently even the crew typically doesn't have the specific timeline in mind when they're making these though.

Edited by Toon4Thought

18 hours ago, Prospekt said:

You mean fall of the new school year?

3 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

To me, it makes the most sense for them to take place mid-to-late Summer, with the girls being rising seniors. At the very least, much of what is seen going on very strongly suggests it takes place during that time of the year.

Apparently even the crew typically doesn't have the specific timeline in mind when they're making these though.

I mean, well Crystal  Prep still has classes, so I imagine it's fall at start of girls senior year and ShadowBolts are planning ahead for the spring dance? Does that make sense?

5 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I just assumed that it took place in the summer after Legend of Everfree and the Crystal Prep students were raising money for the yacht in advance because yachts are really expensive and stuff.

They still have classes though, so would you say it takes place in Fall perhaps?

Just now, ShadowSJG said:

You mean fall of the new school year?

Yes, the fall of the new school year. And since the first film took place in the fall, that would mean it has been almost, but not quite, a year since then.