Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least developed main/supporting character.

CastletonSnob

2 minutes ago, A.V. said:

How Chaos Theory should've ended: They simply don't make it to the Elements in time -- oh, and that whole "inside Accord/Discord's mind" subplot actually bothers to play a part in restoring Discord.

How Mirror Magic should've ended: Juniper does try to trap Sunset, but simply misses (therefore, Sunset gets to team up with Starlight after all) -- oh, and Magic!Juniper actually does stuff besides just stomping around and hallucinating that everybody loves her.

*Slow clap*

I think Zecora - she's been appearing so infrequently as of late :/ She was developed quite a lot in her first appearance but after that - she's never really been seen aside from in her home giving advice to the Mane Six and a couple of others.

From the main 6 I would say Apple Jack is the least devolped character. Also Celestia hasn't had that much of devolpment. Only since the seasons premiére.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Philweasel said:

Well that proved we can have a finale without Twilight Sparkle being involved, so I'm certainly up for exploring that more.

Yet at the expense of everypony being made useless? In seeing , or more not seeing, how the Mane Six, the Royal Sisters, and the Crystal Royal Family got captured?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
20 minutes ago, EquestrianScholar said:

Yet at the expense of everypony being made useless? In seeing , or more not seeing, how the Mane Six, the Royal Sisters, and the Crystal Royal Family got captured?

I've totally gotten used to every pony in Equestria save for five or so misfits rolling over and dying the second someone halfway scary comes along. I mean I can't say that I like it, but I no longer really notice it these days. At least Chrysalis already had enough badass points to make it somewhat plausible, and she and her children do have the totally broken shapeshifting power. I just treated it as the plot convenience it is, just like the Royal Sisters being oddly useless in "The Return of Harmony" "A Canterlot Wedding", "Princess Twilight Sparkle" and "Twilight's Kingdom". I mean Chrysalis had already been in near a perfect position to take out the mane six and the royal sisters once, and only failed because she was dumb enough to teleport Twilight straight to Cadance, and guard their prison with Lyra Heartstrings.

It helps that I liked the 'gang of misfits who needed to learn how to work together' angle, found the episodes both funny and exiting, and after a couple of big two parters featuring Twilight saving the world pretty much on her own (with Spike for moral support), it was nice to watch an ensemble piece where a whole group each got a chance to do something cool.

Edited by Philweasel
  • Brohoof 1

@A.V.

What is Chaos Theory, one of the comics?

Also, whether the comics or the show itself fans can always find a way where things could have been written a bit differently or where characterization or plot could have been improved/changed. Though I am sad to admit, there are things I wish that I could change. Discord involvement in the series both before and after his reform, Starlight characterization and reform as well her skill in magic, as well even giving Princess Celestia her own episode much sooner or exploring the Royal Sisters' backstory

(edited)
45 minutes ago, EquestrianScholar said:

@A.V.

What is Chaos Theory, one of the comics?

Also, whether the comics or the show itself fans can always find a way where things could have been written a bit differently or where characterization or plot could have been improved/changed. Though I am sad to admit, there are things I wish that I could change. Discord involvement in the series both before and after his reform, Starlight characterization and reform as well her skill in magic, as well even giving Princess Celestia her own episode much sooner or exploring the Royal Sisters' backstory

Chaos Theory is the arc of #48-50.

#48-49 are decent/good on their own; just ignore #50 and make up your own conclusion instead, and you'll be much more satisfied.

Edited by A.V.

(edited)

@A.V.

I'm sorry to say, I will probably read #50 anyway as I like to see what is official before deciding if I like or dislike what is offer and if I feel anything needs to be changed. I like to read a full arc, not putting one aside, and feel it is unfair to judge unless I do read it myself.

For example, may people say the Nightmare Rarity arc cannot fit with canon before of a few details such as Luna having her appearance be that of what she looked like in S1 and in how the citizens of Ponyville needed to tell her they were her friend/forgave her or something like that. I can't remember exactly, but the way I worked it out was that the Lunar Eclipse episode intruding Luna and her new form happened before the comic. Yet because of her own fears and doubts on the nightmare forces return she reverted back to her S1 form.

Another being Daring Do being a real pony and people thinking the comics show Twilight's mother as the author of the books, my explanation being that what was shown literary award related to Daring Do or the author. My explanation being that it is an award given to those authors who prove themselves for what they write.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

5 hours ago, A.V. said:

Chaos Theory is the arc of #48-50.

#48-49 are decent/good on their own; just ignore #50 and make up your own conclusion instead, and you'll be much more satisfied.

The thing is, I kinda liked the climax. It seemed in character for Accord to accept that kind of logical debate.

But Starlight just hadn't been that important so far, so it just kinda... came out of nowhere. It should have been Twilight.

7 hours ago, Philweasel said:

The thing is, I kinda liked the climax. It seemed in character for Accord to accept that kind of logical debate.

But Starlight just hadn't been that important so far, so it just kinda... came out of nowhere. It should have been Twilight.

That, and Twilight and Luna going into Accord/Discord's mind ended up completely pointless.

You just don't do that with major plot points like that.

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

That, and Twilight and Luna going into Accord/Discord's mind ended up completely pointless.

You just don't do that with major plot points like that.

You know, I read it again and actually liked it. It was a well done argument, and all made sense.

The issue was, as you said, the whole arc was really bad at telling you who the protagonist was supposed to be. Celestia and Twilight got the most attention, and so you assumed it was going to be one of them. When they both got taken out really anticlimactically, it ruined the momentum.

It didn't help that I was very wary of Starlight Glimmer turning into Diet-Twilight at this point, plus since I was a big fan anything that made her look like a giant Mary Sue made me cringe.