Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

Been continuing to watch My Hero Academia lately. I'm a few episodes into Season 2 right now and I'm absolutely LOVING this show. I'm not sure I've fallen in love with an ensemble of fictional characters quite like this since I became a brony about 4 years ago.

• Brohoof 1

I love to watch JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Basically a paper cut will make a river of blood in this anime, which doesn’t really add up to any blood loss. And muscles have muscles of their own and those muscles have their own muscles as well. Pretty good summary.

Just finished Little Witch Academia. Watched it for the same reason I watched Kill la Kill, I thought the art style was neat. Show ended up being pretty alright.
Now I'm in the middle of Space Battleship Yamato 2202, which I've been waiting a very long time for and I am hella hype. 

The Cadfight Vanguard reboot. I just finished watching the first episode and it was pretty good. It has a lot of built up and backstory that helps develop the characters. I like how this story is following the manga and it really shows. The animation for the anime looks exactly like the manga, in my opinion. I'm really looking forward to how the reboot to this series turns out. Stand up, Vanguard! :D 

Idk if this show counts as Anime, but since the studio who made it is Gainax I watched Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. Enjoyment factor is mediocre with a spoonful of unpleasantness to me.

Most of the characters, especially the main characters Panty and Stocking I find nearly irredeemable and obnoxious to watch. Show is crude, crass, raunchy, gross, vulgar, immature, and stupid. Humor is a hit and miss. In my case, most of the humor in this anime were misses. The only thing that grabbed my attention was the unique art-style. Soundtrack is all techno and rave... meh, but there are a few good tracks I liked.

Long story short, its not my cup of tea and might be considered offensive to some. I just found it stupid what with the whole concept of Angels (The main characters) being all Rebellious while Demons being Orderly.

(edited)

>It's Japanese
>It's Animation
>It's Anime

Even though it's not made in the traditional 2D Anime style, the last anime I watched was a really messed up kid's show from Japan called "Popee the Performer"

Spoiler

CM0zWUc.gif

^Here we see the main character, Popee, impaled by a claymore as part of a sword-swallowing accident, tied to a truck, and dragged around the circus ground.

...yes, you heard right, this was a kid's show in the early 2000's.

The best way I can describe it is "Have you heard of Candle Cove...? Actually... yeah, it's pretty much that"; it's a kid's show with disturbing imagery, disturbing themes, and it plays the happy and bouncy theme song as the cast of bright and colorful characters are tortured, maimed, and killed regularly in just about every episode (and did I mention you can hear a really deep, almost demonic voice singing the lyrics in the background along with the main singer along side what also sounds like growls or roars from some sort of animal at times?)

Spoiler

I swear, I'm gonna try to go back and find footage of this show 20 years from now and I'm only gonna find recordings of static... But jeez, I just can't stop watching it. Maybe it's just my morbid sense of humor, but I find it really bloody entertaining.

I know all this sounds made up, but seriously, look it up. All the episodes are up on Youtube and there's plenty of information on the channel and date it originally aired on in Japan.

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...